Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The beginning

July 7th two days before my birthday I am at work having a pretty ok day. Then out of no where it hit me I could not breathe I was on the phone with a customer and could barely talk. I really thought I was going to die. Thank God it was not a heart attack it was an anxiety attack it was God getting my attention to stop talking about change and make it happen.

So here I am tomorrow makes exactly two weeks until surgery. I start my pre op diet on thankgiving and Ibe never been so happy to not be eatting I am so excited to join the WLS community.

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

Yay! So happy for you! It's exciting being so close. What day is your surgery? I'm having mine Dec 15th, so start my pre-surgery diet next wed.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am very glad for you "Thin Jenn" . You are on your way to joining winners on the losers bench. What a great way to start the new year. Please keep me posted...I am close behind you...surgery day 12/27. You got this girl!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

"Jennie bear2002" you are close behind " Thin Jenne " it will be here before we know it." Good luck too you as well. I can't remember ever being so uninvolved in the holidays, ever. I just can't turn my focus from this life changing tool.

Thank you guys i will definately keep you guys posted Im just having issues keeping up with all the instrutions super scared of eatting something thay will harm me or make me sick i dont know how to keep up with all the information

#MovingForward

Congratulations and keep busy for the next two weeks and the time will fly by !

Kate

ThinJenne, get your instructions out, read it real slow. I suspect you are feeling overwhelmed. You can do this... I have been reading these forms for months. I don't know much, If I can answer anything, please feel free to ask. Just do one question at a time.

What kind of pre-surgery diet is everyone one doing? I've read some people are on just Clear liquids. Mine surgery has me doing a high protein/low carb/NO sugar and 3 Protein shakes a day for 2 weeks.

STAY STRONG FOR YOU ALL CAN AND WILL DO IT.

AND REMIND YOURSELF OFTEN OF WHY YOU ARE DOING THIS AND HOPEFULLY THAT WILL KEEP YOU STRONG ABOUT ACCOMPLISHING YOUR GOAL.

MOST IMPORTANT, PRAY ALWAYS BECAUSE WE CAN DO NOTHING WITH THE HELP OF GOD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

July 7th two days before my birthday I am at work having a pretty ok day. Then out of no where it hit me I could not breathe I was on the phone with a customer and could barely talk. I really thought I was going to die. Thank God it was not a heart attack it was an anxiety attack it was God getting my attention to stop talking about change and make it happen.

So here I am tomorrow makes exactly two weeks until surgery. I start my pre op diet on thankgiving and Ibe never been so happy to not be eatting I am so excited to join the WLS community.

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

We'll be waiting to welcome you to the Dark Side. :P

@@ThinJenne and @@jenniebear2002 tell us how you guys are doing! ;)

I'm doing pretty good now. I had my one week followup today. They pulled my drain and I don't have to wear the abdominal binder all the time anymore. I will probably sleep with it since rolling over can be rough. My incisions are healing good but my whole belly itches like crazy! I am 19 lbs down from pre-surgery appt, 8 from the pre-surgery diet and 11 since surgery.

I'm not gonna lie the first few days I was miserable. The gas pain after surgery is no joke. Between that and not getting to my room until 8pm it kept me in the hospital an extra night. Then first time I tried the Prevacid sprinkled in applesauce I end up getting sick 3 times and went to ER to get checked being home less than 10 hours. I didn't want to get dehydrated my 1st night home.

Nothing has sounded or tasted good to me except pretty much ice Water. Couldn't stand the SF Jello or broth. So I was happy to go up to full liquids today. I have taken it slow and only done soy milk in Decaf coffee and Tomato Soup for dinner with my hubby and kids. Plus they told me to start the D3 again, B12 and any probiotic that is a tablet.

Still a lot of gas and cramping. But I am trying to get steps in. Tomorrow will be a real test going Christmas shopping and being out for the first time for any length of time/distance.

Did I mention the added bonus of having my period since surgery? I've not missed it one bit since it stopped when I got my Mirena IUD in Sept 2014.

I didn't realize how much I had to say lol. I still can't believe I am on the other side of this surgery. Very surreal

Edited by jenniebear2002

I am doing pretty good so far i have a full lost of 53 lb and 32 has been since surgery. i am up and walking which is really exciting for me. Because my Bf and i have taken our first moon light walk togather lol. Protein is almost impossible for me i cant sto.mach any of the shakes and Water is not much of my friend either but i am trying. So things are going slow but steady for me

The Losers Bench