Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I DID IT! 2 day post-op..

Surgery date : 09-09-07

I am back at the hotel, I stayed two nights at the hospital! i couldnt sleep more than 4 hours TOTAL! i couldnt finish my chocolate milkshake! I coulnd drink a full glass of water!

I was like what have i done to myself? why Bloo why? why couldnt you stick to a diet and spare yrself all this!

i was alone ( and still) missing my family, my mom called me on the mobile i couldnt answer, i was in pain, oh did i mention i had flu just the night before the surgery? PERFECT! she text msged me "why don't you answer im worried" i called back in 15 min and pertend everythings ok and i just have flu..

i cried afterward ;(

i didnt expect the pain to be that much! gas pain was like knives.. I had antibiotics, painkiller every 6 hours! headache, nausea, vomiting you name it!

the nurse told me you are the spoiled bandster here. Two guys were banded the same day as your and they already left the hospital! i was like yeah! they have family members to look after them but me ;(

anyhow, i am back at the hotel, once i entered my room (1 hour ago) i cried with the presence of housekeepers, they are very helpful..

i feel full, but week at the same time because im not sipping Water every 2 mins like the dietician recommended and i dont feel like driniking Soup or milkshakes! is that normal? i know it will affect me negatively but i really feel full

ok guys, as promised im keeping you pposted

i thought of you while in the hospital and will continue to win this battle!

wish me luck

love,

bloo

Please dont be down, i had a rough time too, am 6 days post op now, but you can and will get over this, picture yourself how you want to be, think of the reasons why you took this step, i promise things do get better.......Reach for the stars.

Take Care

Toots2. xx go you :whoo:

I was thinking of you while you were in the hospital and anxious to hear from you.

I'm a nurse. Too bad I couldn't have been with you. Sorry you were alone. When will you be going home? I hate it that you are alone.

The first week is the killer. It will get better. Stay on this site and you will find help. Look for the liquid recipes people have used to get through this. There's one with potatoes and other things that you use the broth from, but it gives you some carbs.

Chin up. Think of the thin Bloo. The worst is behind you.

Jewel

toots, i won't lose this battle! thanks dear xx back at ya

jewel, my dear, you are such a sweetheart, im feeling better being on this site reading the threads and educating myself, i can do it! thanks for the thoughts xx

Bloo - Definitely the worst is behind you!!! I was the worst the day right after surgery, but I can tell you each morning afterwards, you can tell it is better.

Get enough Protein and Water and get some walking in if you can. That helps keep all the circulation moving and the gas monsters away.

You CAN DO this - in fact, you ALREADY are!!

my surgery was 9/6, and like many here, it was the worst day of my life, too. at 60 years-old, i thought to myself, how in the hell did i get myself into this mess. surgery was 8:30AM, and it wasn't until plenty of vicodin and 8PM that I felt half-way okay. I was melting sun chips in my mouth and ate 3 small packs over the next 12 hours.

now, 5 days later, i'm 'eating' strickly Jello, plain yogurt, Soup stock, and the occassional Protein shake. maybe 700 calories a day.

i can't say i hurt anywhere, but i'm really tired in a post-surgery sort of way. hope this gets better soon.

by the way, at 700 calories a day, i simply have to be losing weight, but my pants are not any loser. is that from the swelling caused by the surgery?

good luck and god bless us all.

greg

Better days are definately coming. My first 2 days at home were rough. Keep up with the liquids and when you can, stay out of bed, sitting in a chair and stuff helps with the pain. Take the pain meds as prescribed. You will rest better and be more comfortable. Oh crap, I'm starting to sound like my parents...LOL

Keep posting when you can.....Dave

littleroo1, thanks hon, i think im feeling better each day. I am trying to sip as much as I can

gmccon, congrats on the band! can't wait to start eating Jello ;) I kinda feel full already! I don't wanna weigh myself until my first fill. Good luck and thanks :confused:

Dave01, I am typing this while sitting in a chair! Thank God I don't feel much pain so I haven't taken any pain killers since im back home (hotel)! or should I take some regardless? :S Thanks ;)

Anyhow, I feel better but my left shoulder hurts and the sleeping positions is my main problem now! hope this get better soon as well..

bloo, I felt the same as you- today I am 7 days post op and I just started to feel better yesterday- take your pain meds if you need them-especially for the pains in your shoulder- try walking as much as possible it helps get all those gas pains out of your body. keep your chin up-I know eventually this will be a distant memory in all of this.

Hi Bloo, how are you feeling today? i would continue to take you pain meds so that they are in your system.....Why Suffer needlessley...each day will get better.

take care

Toots2. xx

It looks like there's a small group of us currently chatting here who are in similar circumstances, i.e., days to weeks post-op. As a reminder I'm now 6 days out, and this morning, I felt as normal as I have since the procedure. I'm having my usual morning coffee, and intend to walk a mile or so before work. I actually *want* to.

Also, I felt hungry for the first time last night and scrambled up so relatively loose eggs and milk. Big mistake, but it eventually went down.

This morning I caught a glimpse of a bottle of almond butter (Peanut Butter, but almond) on the kitchen table. A tablespoon was 100 calories, and it was delicious and went down nice and smooth, melting in my very happy, hungry mouth.

So I am here to say that I do indeed see better days coming.

By the way, to those 2 or 3 days post op, I'll tell you that I drank all of my vicodin early on, even if I was uncomfortable trying to sleep. I wouldn't have cared what my doctor(s) may have said, I chugged it. But I was absolutely miserable, and mouthfulls of codeine made it all go away.

I think everyone does what they feel they need to do to keep the healing process moving. Which looks out over the many months and years to come when we all struggle for that healthy BMI. At 276 lbs, I was BMI 41 or so, but I will never weigh myself, because the scale can be misleading, so to speak. I'll wait for my doctor visits and let them weigh me and give their assessment. At 1,000 caloriers a day (and usually less), I know I'm losing, no matter what my scale says.

Sorry for the blabber.

God Bless Us All,

greg

I'm 7 days post op, and like you say, things get better every day, i've lost 13lbs so far, but can't feel it clothes wise yet as i'm still very bloated from surgery, hoping to make some potato & veg Soup later from the liquid stage thread, i'll let you know how it goes.

Toots2,

Bloo, I feel your going to get through this just fine and it is important to try to eat your shakes. Your body is going through a little shock from the procedure and it will be a little bit to get used to the new you. Remember on the movie "The Abyss with the liquid air :confused: " you will adjust. In your journey do not forget you also need Vitamins along with your Protein shakes. I have a Vitamin pack that is Gel and would allow you to get what your body needs:

Listed are the contents:

----------------------------------------------

Min Pack (100% RDI of Vitamins and minerals)

http://www.mygelfusion.com/gelmedia/supp_min.pdf

This tastes just like a flinstone Childrens Vitamin and is liquid. I pray you will recover quickly. Everyone will see this new you inside and out.

God Bless,

Ronnie Thompson

Broken Arrow, OK

Stacy73, Thanks for the tips! and wish you the best too..

toots2, I will take it right now! as you said "why suffer needlessly?" thanks sweet

gmccon, LOL you cracked me up there! thanks for the good laugh, wish you the best dear and stop cheating ;).. and good decision on not weighing yourself! let the doctor do that

Darragha, in Dubai (The Emirates hospital) by Dr. De Bruyne Christiaan..

Sipgel.biz, :confused: Thanks dear, I forgot abt the vitamins! I will ask the doctor abt that on sunday when i take out my stitches. I am sipping banana milshkae, it has Vitamins and stuff but i also will ask the doctor if i need more of that

thanks guys, i love you xxxx

wish you all the best

Bloo