Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Vet's

Hello Vet's. I'm reflecting on my Birthday. I'm curious of where you are at in life now. How often do you think about being a surgery Patient?

I identify as a health nut/gym rat. This has become my passion. Just a normal way of life.

I still check in on Bariatric pal. But I spend the majority of my time in Body Space. I'm not motivated by weight loss anymore. I've moved on to other fitness and nutrition goals.

I've lost friends and a close family member due to my weight loss. I have gained new friends. They have the same interest in health.

I feel I'm continuing to be my best self. I don't want to settle in feeling my old fart age. I don't feel my age today.

OK Vet's. What is life for you like at this point?

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I don't feel much like a surgery patient anymore, but health and fitness are still definitely front and center for me (luckily!) Not for the absolute love of it, but for the sheer purpose of keeping the weight off. Don't get me wrong, I love feeling healthy and strong, but it takes a lot of work!

I am also totally comfortable knowing that this is my life now. I can't say I've lost friends or family because of the weight loss. If anything it's made me a happier, more confident person, thus being pretty fun to be around. I like that aspect of me, too!

For now I feel like I got this. Until I don't. And when and if that time comes, I'll deal with it using the nuggets of knowledge I've aquired over the last 2+ years. I know I'm in it for the long haul.

I don't feel much like a surgery patient anymore, but health and fitness are still definitely front and center for me (luckily!) Not for the absolute love of it, but for the sheer purpose of keeping the weight off. Don't get me wrong, I love feeling healthy and strong, but it takes a lot of work!

I am also totally comfortable knowing that this is my life now. I can't say I've lost friends or family because of the weight loss. If anything it's made me a happier, more confident person, thus being pretty fun to be around. I like that aspect of me, too!

For now I feel like I got this. Until I don't. And when and if that time comes, I'll deal with it using the nuggets of knowledge I've aquired over the last 2+ years. I know I'm in it for the long haul.

The confidence and being in a happy place in life is huge. You have always been great support. Nice that we started the same time. Glad your still around

Hurrah!!!

But don't think things can't change if you don't stay vigilant.

Just read here for a while and you will see plenty of whoopsies.

A bad month and things go south. I'm guessing it's everyday for us. Just keep trying is my motto. Everyday. Most are good

Some are not

@@Julie norton

I get that none of us are exempt from weight gain. I've just made nutrition and working out my lifestyle. I still weigh myself in the morning. I just don't think about my surgery anymore.(the thrill of watching my weight go down is gone)

I'm getting my motivation from living at the gym, I like being a bad ass at my age. lol Its become my addiction. I don't think of myself as a surgery patient anymore.

I plan to participate here when I can. I just don't feel like part of the group some days...Life has just moved on.

Hello Vet's. I'm reflecting on my Birthday. I'm curious of where you are at in life now. How often do you think about being a surgery Patient?

I identify as a health nut/gym rat. This has become my passion. Just a normal way of life.

I still check in on Bariatric pal. But I spend the majority of my time in Body Space. I'm not motivated by weight loss anymore. I've moved on to other fitness and nutrition goals.

I've lost friends and a close family member due to my weight loss. I have gained new friends. They have the same interest in health.

I feel I'm continuing to be my best self. I don't want to settle in feeling my old fart age. I don't feel my age today.

OK Vet's. What is life for you like at this point?

This is a timely post as a fellow Scorpio, my birthday is next week. I still identify as a WLS patient. I have restriction at most meals so kinda hard not to.

Like you and Babbs fitness is on the main stage of my life. If someone had asked me 5 years ago I would never have believed my current reality. I am motivated by body composition and set goals like fitting into a certain dress or looking a certain way. I find that if I do not constantly have a new goal, I get complacent and backslide.

Since surgery, I've gotten married. Grateful to have wedding pictures in a dress that I was proud to be photographed in and would never have thought it would be a strapless dress to boot.

I feel blessed to have had surgery and to have maintained my loss. I still attend my local support group a few times a year and stay on here as a way of giving back. Now, I live life and don't hide in pictures or avoid social situations anymore.

Don't even think about the fact I had WLS...just go about my daily routines day to day.

During that "Learning" phase with the Lap Band, I have adapted to new ways of eating, along with new foods.

Not to mention the foods I have given up such as meat and bread (flour based) products... Some on my own, some because the band won't let me eat them anymore.

But it's all good

As long as my band functions as it has since my last fill over 5 years ago, hunger and portion sizes limited, I have very little concern about gaining any weight back.

There are a lot of things I do that would push many peoples buttons on this forum...so I don't mention them lest the newbies and those still learning get sidetracked

Only thing I do think about day to day is Protein, Water, exercising and eating the healthiest foods I can.(when I do eat)

I start every day with a wholesome Protein smoothie I make in my blender, mixing in fresh fruits, etc.just as I did since surgery.

I have many friends who have not had WLS that focus on the same principles I do, so I pick up on things they have learned, and vice-versa.

One thing though, most times I have forgotten what it was to be overweight...not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

I weigh usually daily just to keep my head in the game. I am officially a vet today as I am 18 months post and about 15lbs from my dream weight. I check in but quit posting for a while as I was frustrated with the mindset of some folks about how some of us respond.

Glad to see Jenn is still checking in. I miss some that don't check in at all anymore :/

@@erp

Congratulations on your marriage. I'm right there with you on setting goal. I'm trying to get my body fat percentage down. I love seeing the results I'm getting from strength training. Who knew I would be athletic at this age...lol

@-B52

Life is day to day and normal for me. It is not how I was living before surgery. I'm thankful for that. ;) Living with my health in mind is my daily life now. Having adventures because I'm healthy feels amazing.

@@jane13

Congratulations on 18 months!

I just don't feel the need to rescue anyone. Its really not my place. I choose what I read and respond to. I'm taking what is valuable and ignore the rest. I'm thankful to the vets here that helped me along the way. I like that the newbies still have that excitement and high from learning and seeing their weight loss. Life is just different after years out. It feels great that this is just normal life.

I just feel vigilant. I weigh daily. I just keep telling myself to respect my sleeve. I don't know if I will ever not fear gaining the weight back. Does that fear ever go away? Only time will tell. I don't want to regain, it scares me.

Yes. Life is soooo different years out... I think it is hard to understand if you haven't lived this life for YEARS.

I'm also happy to see the joy of newbies. I just think posting pictures of weight loss at 2 weeks out might be a little too much too soon, but that is just the bitch in me!

My life is as normal as can be. I'm just a regular housewife/retired nurse who works on our dairy farm, babysits my grandkids, goes on date nights with my husband (whether he wants yo or not :P ) and takes theater trips with my girlfriends. I barely think about being a WLS patient during my day to day routine. My previous support group and now this forum are really my only connection to my surgery.

I quit measuring and tracking my food almost 3 years ago....I'd been living and eating "right" for so long it's just became second nature. I also don't see my therapist regularly anymore. I never did go to the gym or add any extra exercise. I'm just really active and walk as much as possible. Probably 5+ miles every day. But in general, my life is basically the same as it was before surgery. I'm just thinner and healthier (both mentally and physically) which makes all that everyday stuff easier.

Edited by Dairymary

@@BestDayEver

Not wanting to go back to our high weight keeps us on track. I don't fear it because I live life being health conscious. I love this way of life.