Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is your weight loss going?

I had my sleeve mid-October and have lost about a pound a day since surgery. I'm happy with those results, however I know others that have lost 15-20 lbs 7-10 days out. I'm just curious to see what the norm is.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It depends on your starting weight. It is not typical to lose 15-20 lbs only 7-10 days out. I don't think there's a norm. Everyone is different. Don't compare yourself to others - it'll drive you crazy! Congrats on your loss so far - that's awesome.

There really isn't a norm. I never lost as fast as a pound a day, even though I started out at 50+ BMI. If I had lost that fast I probably would have been crying with joy and gratitude. Even though I never lost that fast, I still managed to lose over 200 lbs and get to a normal BMI, so how fast or slow I lost at the outset really ended up being irrelevant to my long term results. Good luck!

I'm 19 days out and have lost 20 lbs but feel like I should be losing more. It starts freaking me out because I took a loan out for my surgery and went through the process and feel like is this? Am I done loosing. It just makes me a wreck.

I'm 19 days out and have lost 20 lbs but feel like I should be losing more. It starts freaking me out because I took a loan out for my surgery and went through the process and feel like is this? Am I done loosing. It just makes me a wreck.

Your weight loss is great but your unrealistic expectations will set you up for failure in whatever avenue you take in life. 20 lbs in 19 days is awesome, and many here wish they had that type of weight loss despite doing everything right. Take it day by day, focus on Protein and Water intake, journal what you eat and exercise a little every day, and the weight will come off. Congratz on your weight loss rate.

A pound a day is excellent! Of course you're not done losing! Stay with the plan. Stop stressing about the scale!

This is the beginning of a long life change. Sometimes you just have to trust the process. Go with what your doc says for 6 months and then reevaluate if things could be changed a little.

I'm thinking if we could have done this weight loss by ourselves , we would have by now in our life.

It was hard for me to eat differently from how I had, but truly , you can develop new healthy eating habits.

Ps Water and exercise also seem to be the other pieces of this WLS puzzle.

Good luck and keep going!!

Surgery August 23rd. I'm down 36 pounds. I started at 37 BMI.

I started at BMI 36.

I lost 14 lbs in the 14 days of preop (not just liquids, but shakes and salads)

Last weigh in (last week) I was down 33 lbs in 29 days, including preop.

Day 18 and 16lb down including 1 week pre op diet. BMI was 40 now 36

Congratulations to everyone on the loosers bench !! whoottttt