Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When can I have peanut butter?!?!

Hello,

It's day 6 for me now and I just want to know when can I have Peanut Butter again? It's not on my list. Did I miss it? Did they forget it? Is this a noon recommended item?

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

Peanut butter has a lot of calories and fat and often sugars so it's something you need to be careful with and limit. Try PB2 though - you get the Peanut Butter taste and better macros.

Hmm. Can be high in sugar but natural Peanut Butter tends to be lower. It has Protein as well. I think the consideration is the delivery device.... can't eat crackers or celery or apples or bread, all stuff you eat Peanut Butter on.

If you're just looking for the flavor you could try adding PB2 or some peanut butter into a shake. I drank peanut butter shakes like they were going out of style.. it's my fave flavor!

As far as it being safe, I mean.... aside from the sugar content it's not a no, in my book. Could always call your surgeon's office and ask!

Hmm. Can be high in sugar but natural Peanut Butter tends to be lower. It has Protein as well. I think the consideration is the delivery device.... can't eat crackers or celery or apples or bread, all stuff you eat Peanut Butter on.

If you're just looking for the flavor you could try adding PB2 or some peanut butter into a shake. I drank peanut butter shakes like they were going out of style.. it's my fave flavor!

As far as it being safe, I mean.... aside from the sugar content it's not a no, in my book. Could always call your surgeon's office and ask!

What brand are the peanut butter shake you drink? I will try them, I just want the flavor. Since I was a kid I'd just get a spoonful of peanut butter and eat it as is. Lol I'm weird

I like Matrix Peanut Butter Cookie flavor. I would buy it on line. You can add PB2 to any vanilla shake you like. Many people like Premier which you can get at costco, Sams Club or Walmart.

I preferred the Matrix brand or Nectars. For premade Muscle Milk or Rocket Fuel are okay. I get them already cold at the local convenience store.

What are you going to have Peanut Butter with?? You can't have bread and eating it all by it's self is clearly not worth it. At three months out I had some with apple slices but I stopped craving for it and dropped that habit too.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I don't eat Peanut Butter with anything. I like it by itself

I relied on the Quest Peanut Butter flavor Protein powder for my shakes immediately post-op. Totally satisfied the Peanut Butter craving for me. Highly recommend since you are so early post-op and it's a better choice than actual peanut butter at this stage. They sell individual packets at GNC by the counter.

I am 10 months out, at goal and normal BMI. Peanut Butter is MY favorite!!! I started eating peanut butter when I hit goal and haven't lost any weight since. Not an ounce! Stopped eating it for week and lost 2 lbs. in other words do not touch the stuff until your at goal and starting maintenance and then only in moderation. Might as well call it STALL butter!!!!

want to know when can I have Peanut Butter again? It's not on my list. Did I miss it? Did they forget it? Is this a noon recommended item?

The Great Peanut Butter Panic of 2016.

Why not just call your practice's RD to ask about it? I can't imagine that it's 'forbidden' by your practice.

I eat peanut butter happily, calories and fat content be damned. It fits into my food plan because I limit the amount and include it in my food tracker as I do everything else that goes in my mouth.

As Lucy said, "It's so tasty, too!"

I am 10 months out, at goal and normal BMI. Peanut Butter is MY favorite!!! I started eating Peanut Butter when I hit goal and haven't lost any weight since. Not an ounce! Stopped eating it for week and lost 2 lbs. in other words do not touch the stuff until your at goal and starting maintenance and then only in moderation. Might as well call it STALL butter!!!!

Oh wow! I'm going to look into peanut butter Protein shakes maybe even research PB2. I just had a moment

I'd just ask your team about it. And if it is okay at some point, I'd try to find one of the organic peanut butters that minimizes the sugar. For me, the fat is okay since healthy fat helps to drive a low-carb diet, but the sugar is what would be the problem.

I eat real natural Peanut Butter myself, with just peanuts nothing added. PB2 has added sugar. and I eat it with a spoon!

But I second the PB Protein shake suggestion! Syntax Matrix PB Cookie is the BOMB!!!!! Quest is a good second.

Almost three years out and at goal for two years and I still drink my Matrix PB Cookie! And make Protein mug cakes from it too... search for the recipe!