Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did I make a mistake?

atontor, on 24 Oct 2016 - 14:59, said:

NJ Mom, on 24 Oct 2016 - 14:43, said:

atontor, on 23 Oct 2016 - 09:05, said:

We all been there especially in the first few days weeks after surgery. We have to prepare mentally as well and keep moving forward and remember why we did the surgery. It's definitely a change of lifestyle. I'm 17 months postop

HW 340 CW 200. I passed my goal weight of 230. I'm starting the gym again to reach my new goal of 190 or 185. Be strong. It's worth the struggle in the beginning. I added some pics to maybe help. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1477227592.971086.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1477227611.033104.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1477227663.157556.jpg

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1477227708.427639.jpg

We all been there especially in the first few days weeks after surgery. We have to prepare mentally as well and keep moving forward and remember why we did the surgery. It's definitely a change of lifestyle. I'm 17 months postop

HW 340 CW 200. I passed my goal weight of 230. I'm starting the gym again to reach my new goal of 190 or 185. Be strong. It's worth the struggle in the beginning. I added some pics to maybe help. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1477227592.971086.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1477227611.033104.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1477227663.157556.jpg

You look really, really great! Congrats on your success :)
Thank you NJ MOM

How are you?

atontor, on 24 Oct 2016 - 14:59, said:

Doing good, just waiting for Nov 9 for my sleeve to get done! Mentally and physically preparing...

NJ Mom, on 24 Oct 2016 - 14:43, said:

You look really, really great! Congrats on your success :)
Thank you NJ MOM

How are you?

My surgery is next Tuesday, and today is the first day I've really started feeling nervous I HATE being nauseated!!! Do the anti-nausea meds not work? I pray you start feeling better really soon. I know right now you feel down, but I hear all the hope you have for your life and future. You got this!

Thank you all for yalls input to the original post!! I'm 6 weeks away from surgery and my anxiety about food is really getting to me. I have been in this, "eat everything I can cause I can't eat it again later" phase and it's killing me mentally and physically. I get no joy out of eating (which was partially in my ideas of eating everything) and after I do, all I want is to curl up in a ball and sleep. I know this isn't a healthy choice, mentally or physically, but I can't seem to find the will power or strength to get my sh*t together. I passed up having surgery last year so my husband and I could buy a house for us and our two kids. Now this year I know I'm not giving up anything for my surgery but realistically I'm giving up my enjoyment of life. I know when I drop the weight, I'll be much better, but this is hard and I'm stuck. Any advice?

~MSHigginbotham

My surgery is this Thursday the 27th, so I really can't give you any advice. The only thing I can say is that I know it will get better. You are so lucky to have gotten this surgery at 22. Before you know it you will be smaller and even more beautiful than you already are. Right now just focus on healing and getting through this tough time... before you know it you will be able to work out and you will start putting on those new clothes and being able to go out feeling 100% proud of your new body and confident as every 22 year old young lady deserves! I am 39 and I wish I could have done this at 22. This phase shall pass and you will be so glad you did this in the end. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Let me make a suggestion being it seems like a few of you could use some extra support. In May 2016 a number of us from this site with upcoming surgeries started a "Private" group on FB. It was only for people who were having surgery in June, July and August. We closed the group at 50 people to keep it somewhat small. We have been through the entire journey together and we support each other on a daily or weekly basis. When we all had our surgeries we used a phone chain for a family member to contact the group administrator to let us know that the patient was out of surgery and doing well or had complications. For many of us it was our life line. Being most of you are recently having or have had surgery it might be worth one of you to start private group (by the way a second group started following our group). It's way better than posting on here and it weeds out the bullshit. Best of luck to all of you. Let me just say my surgery was 3 1/2 months ago and I had a very difficult time at the beginning but I promise you the weeks go by and you adjust and it really does get better. Let me add my stats...

Height 5 8'

HW Feb. 2016 282 lbs

SW July 14, 2016 252 lbs

CW 10/24/16 210 lbs

Total loss 72lbs!

And yes everyday when I look in the mirror or walk out feeling like a million bucks it reminds me why this was so worth it!

Thank you all for yalls input to the original post!! I'm 6 weeks away from surgery and my anxiety about food is really getting to me. I have been in this, "eat everything I can cause I can't eat it again later" phase and it's killing me mentally and physically. I get no joy out of eating (which was partially in my ideas of eating everything) and after I do, all I want is to curl up in a ball and sleep. I know this isn't a healthy choice, mentally or physically, but I can't seem to find the will power or strength to get my sh*t together. I passed up having surgery last year so my husband and I could buy a house for us and our two kids. Now this year I know I'm not giving up anything for my surgery but realistically I'm giving up my enjoyment of life. I know when I drop the weight, I'll be much better, but this is hard and I'm stuck. Any advice?

~MSHigginbotham

Yes I will tell you it's a fact that people that lose weight before surgery do much better with their journey and with keeping the weight off. So you do not have to have a food funeral bec eventually it will take a lot less to fill you up but you certainly can still taste most things, in moderation of course. Best of luck to you. I lost 30 pounds before my surgery just reducing my carb. intake, this helps prevent complications during and post op of the surgery. Best of luck!

My surgery was Wednesday. Had quite a bit of nausea but think it was due to the dilaudid they were giving me for pain. First real dayof trying to get all the Protein in and it's hard to do! It's nice knowing I'm not alone on this journey and other folks are having similar issues!

I understand. I got sleeved the 24th and had hernia repair and it was really really tough with nausea and vertigo. Everytime I raised my head I about fainted. I have had a hard time wrapping head around being in constant state of starvation and supposed to heal from major surgery. Today was better. I know we r having hormonal fluctuations as well so I guess that is some of the depression. Also maybe we associate food with comfort and our comforter is no longer able to be there for us. I can't say this week ai would advise anyone to put themselves through this but maybe next week I will change my mind.