Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low to no energy

How far out from surgery are you?

Edited by mistycal

This is a topic, I saw over and over on this forum. This forum helped me prepare so much (maybe too much sometimes). But because of all I read here, I knew I was going to have to work hard getting my Protein and water/fluids in so that I didn't find myself in the ER getting an IV.

Just work hard trying to reach your goal everyday. Sometimes, I know I didn't get it in early on, but close enough.

Of course, go to the ER if you are that dehydrated, but start working on your goals.

You are probably on mushies by now, make those calories count. Follow the plan.

You need to make sure you are getting enough Protein and Water dear, good luck :-)

Sent from my SM-G900FD using the BariatricPal App

Is this normal I am feeling really sluggish I'm taking my B12 Vitamins thinking about going to the Er after work

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

How are you doing at getting in your Protein and fluids?

Most DSers don't take B12 so I doubt it's that. (That's more RNYers). Sounds as if you may be dehydrated. That's more common early out.

Edited by Postop

I feel ya. I was sleeved on September 28 as well. I have been killing my Fluid and Protein goals all along (almost 70 grams of Protein and 80 oz of Water per day now ), but some days I am just worn out. Today happens to be one of those days. I walk about 2 miles every day, and I usually have to take a nap afterward (or at least take it easy). I'm just trying to be patient, especially since my recovery has been going pretty well in all respects.

Be patient.....it takes awhile to get your energy back. As long as you are getting your Water and Protein you will feel a little better every day.

I remember it was about 7 weeks before I felt somewhat like myself again. I remember that because I went to Las Vegas for 11 days at week 7. I had to be very on purpose to stay hydrated and get my Protein but i felt pretty darn good and walked all over the place.

I came back and had lost 11 lbs during that period.

Be patient and be good to yourself.

Keep moving,

Make sure you are on top of all the recommended supplements. Multivitamin, probably Iron, Calcium, etx

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Get your Iron levels checked ASAP.

You're early out. Drink your Water. Drink your Protein. Sip and Stop. Sip and Stop. All day. Every day.

As always, follow-up with your surgeon first and foremost. If you're not feeling right, call him.