Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Sick of the Liquid Diet

I had GS surgery on 9/13 and I've rebounded so much better than I ever thought. No real pain to speak of, or any complications. Between the two weeks before and the last five days I'm sick to death of these Protein shakes and this liquid phase. I've enjoyed some SF Jello and pudding here and there and some Tomato Soup and broth but I am so ready for some other food!!!!!!! I can't take it anymore lol!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yeah, it gets old, but it's for the best. It's more of a prescription than a suggestion because you're healing. Your time for real food will come soon enough.

I'm also a 9/13!!! Hi, you are quite fortunate...for the gas and bloating I have had are most frustrating. I've also been up and about more than I or even some others, thought I would be. That part is good! Good luck with pureed food stage--I'm so looking forward to making some good healthy fresh veggie /protein blended Soups as Autumn arrives!

I had GS surgery on 9/13 and I've rebounded so much better than I ever thought. No real pain to speak of, or any complications. Between the two weeks before and the last five days I'm sick to death of these Protein shakes and this liquid phase. I've enjoyed some SF Jello and pudding here and there and some Tomato Soup and broth but I am so ready for some other food!!!!!!! I can't take it anymore lol!!!!

I had RNY on 9/13 myself, and i feel your pain i am tired of liquid diet as well. pureed meat dont sound good either. But we got this...today on my diet plan i can start having eggs and refried Beans even lowfat cottage cheese....something different to look forward to....

Sent from my SM-G360T using the BariatricPal App

I'm 9/15, clear liquid only. I'm confused how to reach 800 calories??

I was told not to count calories at that stage. If you're allowed Protein shakes - that's really the only calories you'd be getting. Are you getting any Protein?
Yes, 1 shake a day at least, it's about 33g protein and 200 calories. There's no way I could get in 4 of those to meet my 80-100 protein goal.

That doesn't sound possible with clear!!!

I don't think it is. It'd be like 50+ popsicles lol.

I'm 9/15, clear liquid only. I'm confused how to reach 800 calories??

I was told not to count calories at that stage. If you're allowed Protein shakes - that's really the only calories you'd be getting. Are you getting any Protein?
Yes, 1 shake a day at least, it's about 33g protein and 200 calories. There's no way I could get in 4 of those to meet my 80-100 protein goal.

Keep trying and do the best you can! Protein is critical to healing and weight loss! Just keep sipping! You will feel so much better when you're able to meet protein and Fluid goals!!! Hang in there @@rolosmom7 !

Thanks. I'm asking for some applesauce (SF) to be permitted to help swallow meds. I have an extremely strict surgeon, but I don't see how the applesauce could hurt 5 days out?

Hopefully can get a 2nd shake in tonight.

I was sleeved on 9/13 and dr says full liquids until 9/27. I cannot get enough Protein in at all and am very weak. I feel fine as far as pain goes as there is none of that. I just cannot do anything.

I have eaten yogurt, drank shakes and sipped tea all day. But seriously what can you do for weakness. Feel like I have been drained of everything I have.