Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my surgery date scheduled FINALLY!

After months of battling with my insurance and freaking out because they won't cover any of it, my grandparents are loaning me the money and I got my surgery date scheduled for October 5th! I cannot wait!!! I am so excited to start this new journey in my life and finally be able to live my life and not let my weight keep me from the things I have always wanted to do. One of the NSV I'm looking forward to is being able to shop wherever and maybe wearing a bikini for the first time. AHHHHH

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

As I said in your other thread, I was also self-pay in the US and borrowed a ton of money from a loved one to do it (I was open to traveling to keep costs down, but the people in my life I rely on for support and advice were resistant. I DO NOT mean they are correct or that the way I did it is the better way. I just mean that in my case it was the simpler way to accomplish this part of my goal).

In retrospect I would have borrowed twice as much...we borrow so much to buy houses, if we are able and if we choose to, or cars, or whatever...this is your body and your life, and I totally get funding it any way you can.

There is a steep learning curve to every part of this-- to recovery, to living with the sleeve, to helping it help you best. I'm sticking to my surgeon's program but I still make mistakes -- but I keep telling myself there's no mistake I will make twice! Each one has consequences that are too memorable - and I don't mean in a way you should scrapbook - for you to risk repeating.

I know I say it in every post but I am so glad I took this step. It is helping me approach so many areas of my life in a more positive and productive way, maybe because it all but forces you to put your healthy self first (or suffer soon after).

You'll also find NSVs all over the place, not just the ones you're anticipating now. I could try to list them all but it would take forever

I am October 5th too! I managed to get my insurance company to cover it though. Way to go grandparents!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches