Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seminar done, now wait for an appointment for surgeon consult

Hello fellow bariatric pal users,

My name is Jen, and I fairly recently decided to go on this journey again. I went through the process a few years back and chickened out. So here I am again AND ready for this to happen. I chickened out of the first time because I thought my step mom's problems had been from her bariatric surgery. Come to find out, it wasn't. So here i am.

I live in the Inland Empire, and I am going through my insurance which is United Healthcare. My surgeon will be either Dr. Krahn or Dr. Chin from Western Bariatric.

I had my informational seminar last night which is required, so now i await my consult. Just wanted to say hello to everyone, and maybe ask a couple questions.

I have already decided to go with roux en y for my surgery.

Questions:

1. Whats one or more things you wish someone had told you on this journey of weight loss?

2. whats been the most difficult thing for you?

3. How do you stay motivated after the first year?

4. Do you take Vitamins, and what do you take?

Thanks so much all, i hope you all are having a wonderful day or night. :)

Hi! I'm brand new too. I know your post is a little old, but I'm also having my surgery through Western Bariatrics! I went to the seminar last night!

Could you tell me about your process? Any advice?

im with western bariatric (CA) as well my process is going good very close to getting a surgery date soon hopefully

i did most my clearances i have the cardiac (april 10) and psych (may 2) visits left then surgeon is going to

submit for my final approval and hopefully schedule me for surgery !

good luck!

I still have one month of required weight management left but all my clearances are finished. I have the "nutritional evaluation" this week, so I hope I hear something about getting a date! Are you having your surgery in St Bernadine or Parkview?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!