Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got 5 cc's today at TLBC

Sounds like a great plan and I'll mark it in my calander. Just let me know where.

Had my first fill today....

Cindy

howare u doing todau have u eaten yet

Hi Peaches: Bi Polar is something I am not familiar with except my brother in law has been diagnosed with it some years ago. Any chance that as you loose weight the medication might be eliminated? In any event, the loss of weight and increased self esteem should help you a lot. I know it has for me alread. As I see the weight slowly going down (1/2 lb per week) I feel pumped.Doddie.

Cindy and Donna that sounds great Oct 28 .Could we make it for 12;45. I would take a change of clothes to work and change there. Anyone else is welcome to join us too. There is Swiss Chalet off the 401.Maybe Cindy Knows somewhere else to eat if you don't want to eat there.

Hi Peaches: Bi Polar is something I am not familiar with except my brother in law has been diagnosed with it some years ago. Any chance that as you loose weight the medication might be eliminated? In any event, the loss of weight and increased self esteem should help you a lot. I know it has for me alread. As I see the weight slowly going down (1/2 lb per week) I feel pumped.Doddie.

Unfortunately, its two medications that I will have to take for life. One pill is an anti-depressant and the other med is an anti-epileptic medication which is also used to control Manic episodes. Bi-polar meaning TWO.. UP and DOWN.

It is not caused by feeling poorly about ones self, but rather is a chemical imbalance in the brain, usually hereditary. My father, my father's mother (Gramma) and my daughter have it as well. Left untreated it can be quite devastating to the individual and the family.

I was diagnosed at 34 and am now 52... life is much more on an even keel when taking meds. so I don't mind. Much better than the alternative right? Also, the combination I am on causes very few side-effects so I am very, very :):D lucky in that regard.:):D

Loriely and Cindy D. Date and time is fine as well as swiss chalet. Do you know what exit I would get off at coming eastbound on the 401. Looking forward to seeing you. xo D

I'll be coming in off Hwy 28 so I'm not sure Donna - no issues with eating today - may be a bit of restriction and think it has made a bit of a difference, but I find weekends so hard to tell - the proof will be next week when I'm back at working trying to cope with some of the changes and damands that will be the real test.

Cindy

Cindy and Loriely we are confirmed for the 28th then. I will check with some local durham girls and see if they want to come as well.

Hey,this is a little off topic but...

I noticed a lot of you (if not all!) went to Dr. Yau for your lap band. I'm actually considering him right now, and was wondering what you thought of the whole experience! I'm from the US, so I would be probably flying/driving there. Which leads me to my next question...it sounded like a lot of you aren't fans of driving to Toronto, is there bad traffic or something? I've never been so I wouldn't know! Thanks!

Depending on where you are from driving in Toronto might be either difficult or a piece of cake. Dr. Rau is on the east side of Toronto so you would be driving through the city - the SWLC is in Mississauga, on the west side of the city and just off the 401. That might cut off about 45 minutes of the drive depending on your time of day.

Have you checked out both clinics? Both seem to have equally competent surgeons, but checking out both would be advisable. Good luck, and am just wondering why you would be coming to Toronto from the US (welcome anyway - there seems to be just about as many head to the US from Canada).

Cindy

Hi there and welcome.

I am also not in Toronto and did not have to drive as I flew in from Alberta to have my surgery with Dr. Cobourn in Mississauga. I did drive through Toronto many years ago on the 401 and that was enough for me! LOL only smokes can you say traffic!! Although I am sure it is worse at different times of the day and night.

I just wanted to say that there are also many of us who had surgery with the Surgical Weight Loss Center. It was minutes from the airport (maybe 20 min. by cab.) There are a couple nice hotels to choose from as well as a place where if you travel alone you can get care from the nursing staff at I think it is called Heritage House. (very reasonable prices) So check them both out for sure. You won't be sorry you did.

Good luck on your journey!!

Best solution to either clinic is to take a taxi. To the TLBC, is is a flat rate of $44 dollars cheaper than renting a car and having to park it. Subway is a great way to get around as well but I am lazy and take a cab.

I am from Vancouver, BC and I don't think there is anywhere in Canada that is worse to drive in. We have no such thing as freeways so it is stop start all the way no matter where you go.

Welcome to Canada, whichever clinic you choose the doctors are excellent.

this all sounds great. I cant wait for my first fill on Oct. 1st as I have been eating just too much I have actually gained back some of the 16 lbs I initially lost. i just cany wait to feel restricted. will be a great feeling again. just cant wait!

Hey,this is a little off topic but...

I noticed a lot of you (if not all!) went to Dr. Yau for your lap band. I'm actually considering him right now, and was wondering what you thought of the whole experience! I'm from the US, so I would be probably flying/driving there. Which leads me to my next question...it sounded like a lot of you aren't fans of driving to Toronto, is there bad traffic or something? I've never been so I wouldn't know! Thanks!

Driving in T. O. is only a problem for ME as I am a whimpy driver in BIG cities... you may not be like me.

Depending on where you are in the States you may feel :ocomfortable on expressways etc. Both W/Loss Lapband clinics are easy to get to and all you have to do is MAPQUEST them both for step by step directions. EASY-PEASY

That being said, I would recommend TLBC and Dr. Yau's team. MOST of his staff have HAD the LapBand themselves for many years. They are great, a wee bit cheaper than SWLC in Mississauga(adjacent to Toronto). I do beleive that Dr. Colbourn from SWLC does NOT take American patients (? I don't know what the logic for that is?) but Dr. Yau does. As I met one lady who comes up from FLORIDA for her surg and fills. She flies from Miami to Buffalo NY and then rents a car and drives from Buffalo to Toronto.

Good luck in whatever you decide.