Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today was my husbands 30th birthday. I made New York strip steaks, potatoes, and fresh green Beans followed by german chocolate cake. And I didn't have one bite. Obviously. I'm 11 days post op. It was hard. Really hard. I've realized how much celebrations are surrounded by food. Then I took him to a movie. It was the first I think I've ever been to a movie and didn't get popcorn. That was hard too. I know I'll eat steak and pop corn again. But it's seriously like mourning a loss of a friend. Food was a friend. Anyway, hope you can all relate. I know this is worth it. There are just really hard times.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Good job! It's tough to stick to the diet and still be cooking for other people, but it does get easier. I'm almost three years post-op and I have no real problem cooking delicious (aka: not super healthy and usually quite large) meals for other people and eating only a few bites before I'm completely content.

The end result is worth all of the misery.

I hope he appreciated what you endured for him.

I've always enjoyed cooking/grilling.

I simply ceased all that for a two months of time bracketing my pre-op 14 day liquid diet and the 6 weeks after surgery. Staying out of the kitchen made things easier for me.

I simply ceased all that for a two months of time bracketing my pre-op 14 day liquid diet and the 6 weeks after surgery. Staying out of the kitchen made things easier for me.

At first, he didn't want me to. He was so nervous id get sad and depressed which sure, I did but it came and went. He actually has been staying away from sugars/ breads/fast food etc since my surgery day which has been a God send for my recovery and new lifestyle. He's determined to lose some pounds and have this lifestyle together. This was his big 30 so I did want to do something special. He has been very expressive and very grateful. It's nice when people see how hard this is for us especially in the beginning. He didn't get popcorn either! I was going to really struggle if he did. Haha!!! Over all, I woke up today and yeah, I didn't get steak but I'm doin okay! Lol.

You have the right attitude!???? hang in there your gonna be amazed you can enjoy a steak and potatoes but just two to 3 bites. So make sure you choose the best most tender ones. Dig into the middle with lots of juicy flavor! No guilt????

At first, he didn't want me to. He was so nervous id get sad and depressed which sure, I did but it came and went. He actually has been staying away from sugars/ breads/fast food etc since my surgery day which has been a God send for my recovery and new lifestyle. He's determined to lose some pounds and have this lifestyle together. This was his big 30 so I did want to do something special. He has been very expressive and very grateful. It's nice when people see how hard this is for us especially in the beginning. He didn't get popcorn either! I was going to really struggle if he did. Haha!!! Over all, I woke up today and yeah, I didn't get steak but I'm doin okay! Lol.

You did great.

Hang in there and KNOW FOR A FACT that it get's much, much easier.

Skip over the rubbish gloom and doom posts of regret and sorrow. That's a battle for someone else to fight.

Your's is the good fight......righteous in that it will deliver your health and peace of mind.

Easier days are ahead and you'll have that steak and many other tasty items. Everything tastes better in the future, too.....because it's guild free as you are sticking with your plan and getting strong results.

Good days ahead.....even better, too, that he's showing support at a strong level by cutting out the junk himself. Good dude.

@@madisunshine1 great work! I love how you acknowledged your success about going to the movies and enjoying yourself without the popcorn.

I have found success in trying to be grateful for all the steps like that and refocusing my attention of what I have instead of what I do not have.

Of course there is still room to be upset, but then remind ourselves that we are making positive changes. Yay for you (and for your husband, sounds like you support each other!)

I was sleeved over a week before Thanksgiving. I survived with sips of puréed chili I made. My husband also enjoyed it with me. Try to skip all that food and try a healthy version you both can enjoy. Best wishes and happy birthdays!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I LOVE this thread! @@madisunshine1 you're a rock star! You're going to be so successful with your surgery! I'm 3 weeks post op, and I feel like if we can get through these first 12 weeks without giving in to cravings or outside pressures, we can do ANYTHING. And, as time moves along, everything will just keep getting easier.

I had this exact same experience in July!! I was 9 days out and we had a 30th for my husband too - I had nothing at all, naturally, and was sipping Water. I found it OK though, weirdly enough....but I was in a bit of pain from the gas.