Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery 2 yrs ago and have had no support but the book as there are no supports system where l am

Well there is but no one posts very often and not about what they r feeling or doing

So l thought coming here might be different

I have only the dr but she doesn't know very much about after care support

Still can't eat any more then 3/4c of food at a time

I am sorry to hear you have no support system where you live. Do you have specific problems that you would like to discuss. I am 3 years post-op RNY gastric bypass surgery. I have written a couple short articles about my experience in the "Weight Loss" phase and the "Maintenance" phase. Here are links:

http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf

http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery2.pdf

On your profile, you show that you lost 280 pounds. That is a great amount of shed weight, congratulations.

Congratulations on your success!

According to my surgeon, I should never be eating more than 1/2 cup of food at a sitting.

Welcome to BP!

I am sorry to hear you have no support system where you live. Do you have specific problems that you would like to discuss. I am 3 years post-op RNY gastric bypass surgery. I have written a couple short articles about my experience in the "Weight Loss" phase and the "Maintenance" phase. Here are links:
http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf
http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery2.pdf
On your profile, you show that you lost 280 pounds. That is a great amount of shed weight, congratulations.

Hi James, I'm 68 and starting my journey. My scheduled bypass surgery date is June 20th, 2017. I just discovered your information on. The bariatric pal app. I have read every word and thank you for sharing your vast information. I will refer to this along my journey. I have so many questions about Vitamins, how to eat, what to expect. Do you have any information out there how to approach eating right after surgery. All of your great recipes sound like I May have to wait for awhile after surgery to start. Once again, if you have more information, please tell me where to get. Thank BigTee.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches