Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banding set for August 27!!

Hi everyone,

Is anyone experiencing spasms around where the banding would be running up your throat? They last a few seconds but are tough! Also is anyone else nauseous? I think I am getting scared at this point.

Advice please! What foods is everyone eating? I think mine are making me nauseous.

Thanks!!

Jody

I was very nauseus the last two days. I have had dry heaves too. Today I took some Maalox and threw it up. I read that nausea can happen from dehydration and that we are supposed to keep sipping Water all day. I started doing that this evening, and I am feeling much better. An earlier post here said that her doc wasn't concerned when she threw up once and had nausea. Just try sipping Water and get it under control quick.

Thanks everyone! Candle, I am having trouble having any Soups or Protein drinks. I think it is because of what Marilyn said. i am dehydrated. I am going to sip my way through the day and keep track.

Thanks Everyone!!

Maybe you could try some of that drink they give to little kids when they are sick and dehydrated .... pedalight.

I have been waking up with my mouth watering, and nauseous-really bad.Last night was better. I slept propped upright on my couch and felt some relief from previous nights. Late at night and early mornings are the worst for me.I called the nurse and she told me I may have to come in and have Fluid removed from band. I was under the impression there is no fluid until 1st fill. Anybody else feeling like this or know anything about this? I am also upset that I still need pain meds.:help:

I am feeling the nausea. Which means my Protein Drink won't go down so now i am starting to feel real tired. I thought the bands were empty also when they implant them. Good luck...I seem to be feeling the same way.

Hey Jody,

I get these things that are like single hiccups. They hurt, so luckily they're not a whole bunch of them like when you get the hiccups. Maybe they are a type of spasm like you're describing. I get mildly nauseous occasionally. My roommate thinks it's because I'm pushing myself too much. I've been trying to do a lot of walking and she says I'm doing too much too fast. I really don't know. I just know that I get to feeling pretty crappy in the early afternoon and have to lay down and nap awhile, and I feel much better when I wake up. Are you getting plenty of rest? I don't see how these folks have surgery on Monday and are back to work by Thursday. My hat's off to them. I haven't really been eating much. Just some Tomato Soup blended with cottage cheese w/ some unflavored unjury added. Haven't had anything that just really knocked my socks off in the yummo department. I looked through the recipes here, but a lot of them just sounded like too much work for me right now. That egg drop Soup sounded like something I could handle, I just need to figure out if I'm supposed to have the egg part...Anyhoo, hang in there, I think you're just fine. Get plenty of rest, Protein, and sip, sip, sip those fluids.

Kat,

That is probably what I am feeling. I actually called the Dr yesterday. They told me that this is all normal and that the 1st 2 weeks after banding is really tough. The nurse told me to focus on the fluids. I can't imagine going back to work. I am taking next week off as well.

I think I may have over done it today. Who knows....this is a long haul at first huh??

Jody

hi all, I'm doing really well, i do have those little spasms occasionally, like where i think the band would be, port incision hurts the most! i seem to be able to eat more then i thought i would, no nausea, only once at the hospital after liquid pain medicine. went to work friday, tired easily should have stayed home, have the next four days off! i have been eating mostly yougart with Protein powder, blended Soups with Protein Powder and sugar free popsicles, also applesauce or other fruit sauces! not really hunger but not really full either? still takeing pain meds in evening and at bed time, slept the first 3 nights upright on the couch, i'm now able to sleep on my belly or left side in bed!!! take care all!

weight.png

I had a big accomplishment last night – my first decent night sleep!! I can finally lay on my side which made all the difference! My tummy has been too bloated to attempt laying on it. (that's how I normally sleep)

We went to Walmart today and did a few errands - I was out and about for about 2 hours, on my feet for most of it. I had to take a nap the second we got home. It was a little too much. I also commend anyone that goes back to work in less than a week!

Luckily, I work from home but I'm sure after 8 hours on Tuesday, I'm going to be wiped out!

PS. For those nauseous - some times a small sniff of rubbing alcohol gets rid of it for me.

In the hospital, when I was having trouble, they gave me a few alcohol swab packets and it helped almost every time.

Can't hurt to try. That's the worst feeling ever! I hope you guys get over it soon!

Hello to all my Aug 27th friends! How are you all doing? Today is Saturday, just 5 days post op. I am hoping to hear from all of you soon and to see your progress and to share notes.

Dr. Lopez said to stay on Clear Liquids for one week, then move to non-clear liquids for week 2. I called the office and told them I was really dizzy after just walking a short distance. They said it was the lack of Protein and they said since it's day 5, go ahead with phase two and introduce creamed Soups and Protein Drinks. So, I did. I was so scared to do it though! I took a Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup, put it in the blender for about five minutes. Then, I strained out all the left over little pieces of mushrooms! Totally paranoid! Hello! I was able to eat about 1/2 cup. I enjoyed two more small Snacks out of it, and I still have another portion left in the fridge. What a cheap date! A can of soup lasts all day long!

AND, the hunger I was feeling over the past few days is completely gone with the soup. It was enough to do the trick. Really. I feel like a new woman.

Other than that, I did have an incident where I sat up fast in bed and did an accidental 'crunch', which resulted in a very sharp pain around my port. Probably pulled a stitch a little. Freakin' ouch. Also told the nurse about this, she said it's normal and everybody does it. If it hurts only when I move in a certain direction, no biggie and it will heal. If its constant pain no matter what position I am in, then I should see the doctor... she also said unbearable pain. Not much room for that port to really go anywhere, and it's stitched to the muscle sucurely. Also heard that after a month or so, you wont be able to feel the port at all. Only if you feel it from the outside.

Other than that, all is well! I think I've lost a little over 10 pounds already. Yeah! As long as I can get to goal within a year, I'm happy!

Can't wait to hear from all of you!

Dana

Oh yeah. I had the same thing. It's gone now, but it hurt to take a deep breathe. Like my ribs were bruised or something. My surgery was at 4pm on Monday, and I was walking down the hall by 8pm. I think that helped a lot with the gas. I barely have any gas and I only had a slight shoulder thing for a few minutes. When it happened I JUMPED UP AND STARTED MOVING! haha...

Hi All-Hope everyone is well today. I'm fine. Still needing to nap each day. Yesterday went running errands for like 6 hours, which was a big mistake. Didn't get my nap, or my Protein in the way I should and I was was sick sick sick for several hours. Then only way I felt worth a crap was to lay perfectly still in the recliner. Better today. Had some yummy cream of mushroon Soup w/protein for lunch. After my nap I fixed a vanilla Protein Shake. Not as gassy today. Still have that stupid pain up in my left shoulder. Walked around at Walmart and Kohl's today. Not for 6 hours like yesterday thank goodness. Learned my lesson there!! Well that's all from KY today. Best wishes to everyone for a great night sleep and an even better tomorrow!!

What a weekend! My nausea and stomach pain was so awful,that I went to ER . I was told that we all heal differently, and that its not unheard of for people to experience this 2 weeks post op. Just got home and need to relax. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery!!!