First Time Dating... Ever

I'm creeping up on 30 and I've literally been on like, one date. He was this seemingly badass guy. I got there and watched him play some stupid basketball game, then we watched freaking Planet of the Apes with a bottle of wine I brought and when he went for it at the end I shut him down with an awkward side hug. I was mildly disgusted.

Am I a total b***h? I was just so put off.

I had sex when I was maybe 275lbs? But I just wanted to have sex for the sake of saying I'd had sex. I've never done it at a healthy weight or really a healthy mentality of what a good guy is like. I just wanted someone that wasn't going to reject me because of my weight. He'd seen pictures and stuff of me before blah blah, so I knew he wouldn't reject me for how I looked. The whole situation ended up being a mess and I had to threaten to call the police to get him to back off, so neither my sex nor dating history is awesome.

Are there any inspiring learned-to-date-after-surgery stories out there?

14 hours ago, hurricanerin said:

Are there any inspiring learned-to-date-after-surgery stories out there?

I was married and my wife left me for another guy so I had to figure out how to start dating again in my 50s. I pretty quickly found that there isn't much of a market for old fat guys -- it was almost impossible to get a date. I was pretty damn lonely and depressed. After I had surgery and lost weight (about 90 pounds so far) it was suddenly much much easier to get dates. The first several were nothing special. I recently started seeing a woman who makes me feel like I'm 17 again. When she smiles at me and holds my hand I feel all warm inside. I'm pretty sure she's feeling it too.

Edited by CalGuy64
  • Like 1