Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people say...

My bestfriend and i just had this conversation. I think its case by case imo if you have atleast tried to lose it on your own (like myself many losses and many many gains) then its different then someone who has never even attempted to do it and just goes straight to the wls option. This was my biggest fear with the surgery is that it would be TOO easy and i didnt want that. Im weird like that lol i feel like if you go thru the hard stuff you come out stronger of a person in the end. But from all that i have read this doesn't seem to be that easy. I wouldnt get mad about it i think people who have not had this surgery dont know that its still on you to make the right choices. But i would agree most ppl the lose big gain huge.

Little tia

My surgery isn't until August but social media is a beast with condemning some people for wls. I personally don't care for FB, IG, and the other sites but I have a FB page due to my son and keeping tabs on him so I've seen more than enough of the snide remarks and it's just pathetic. Most of those people are probably upset because they couldn't afford the surgery and the rest probably have no life so they can invest 12 hours a day to working out and cooking meals while the rest of us are barely able to carve out 45 minutes to dedicate to our well-being. Kudos to you all that have successfully achieved your weight goals or are actively working on it with the help of wls. I can't wait to say I'm a wls successor and tell the miserable haters to stfu!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

My favorite reply to personal questions is, "why do you ask?" I put a puzzled look on my face and listen intently. After they stammer for a bit, I just excuse myself and walk away. Sometimes I say, "ohhhh, I see" before walking away. I definitely dont answer their question.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I just got back from a local fair and while I was walking past some booths and had a Medifast consultant tell me that my doctor is wrong for having me do wls and that it is a crime that insurance will cover surgery and not her multilevel marketing scheme, I told her thanks but no thanks and that I am going to go with my educated doctor on this. A few booths down I ran into the Wrap booth and of course they hollered at my big rear end to come over and listen to their speech about how I could avoid WLS by using wraps on all my problem areas, I laughed and let them know that according to science I can't target fat loss and that I will be perfectly fine following my doctors orders, of course they disagreed. I went past 2 more booths on my way out and had the same thing happen, I felt like I had a multilevel marketing diet plan target on my back, they all pretty much told me the same thing about how their diet was the only diet and they all had 1 common enemy and that was WLS. They all had stories about how surgery fails and I just shook my head and walked away.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

...I felt like I had a multilevel marketing diet plan target on my back, they all pretty much told me the same thing about how their diet was the only diet and they all had 1 common enemy and that was WLS. They all had stories about how surgery fails and I just shook my head and walked away.

This is the basically same tactic the "abstinence-only sex education" people use. They rely on fear and ignorance to make a case for their dangerous ideology. :angry:

Edited by Fredbear