Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mother is thinking about filing a lawsuit

So, I have medicaid and, since I've moved down here I have bad issues regarding my rny surgery (bleeding) and my new surgeon hasn't done anything about it.

I got my lab work back from my PCP and my hemoglobin was low as well as a few other things.

I am having some other symptoms and neither my surgeon or my PCP is doing anything.

My mom is thinking about filing a lawsuit and, honestly, I don't think its worth it. It'll take too long, too much paper work but she is so headstrong about it.

What do you guys think?

I think you need to figure out what is going wrong first. What is causing these issues?

I think you need to figure out what is going wrong first. What is causing these issues?

That's the thing, I don't know. I am doing research on my own and I keep getting different things but my doctors literally aren't taking any action and doing anything.

Each day I literally feel weaker and weaker. Last week I had to use my mom's old wheelchair.

Suing is not the answer. If I recall - you were bleeding rectally at one point. That is not normal. I would go to a GI Dr and see if they can run some tests and see what is going on.

Suing is not the answer. If I recall - you were bleeding rectally at one point. That is not normal. I would go to a GI Dr and see if they can run some tests and see what is going on.

I still am bleeding rectally and I've asked my PCP to send me to a GI but she keeps telling me to go to my surgeon. I know suing isn't the answer but she's worried that something really bad is wrong with me and I am going to get worse before anyone bothers to help.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using the BariatricPal App

I think you need to go see your surgeon.. and DEMAND to be seen, and have a scope done... do not leave until he books you in... if you need to be a annoying and rude so be it.... you should NOT be bleeding rectally...

They need to eliminate that it is not serious... it could be nothing... it could be something... but do you want to be patiently sitting around waiting to find out.. what if it is serious? Are you willing to wait till it gets worse to find out.

Go to your emergency department and explain... do you have a health department, or a overseeing at body you can complain to regarding lack of treatment?

I would not just sit back and wait.. this is your body.. you only have one

I still am bleeding rectally and I've asked my PCP to send me to a GI but she keeps telling me to go to my surgeon. I know suing isn't the answer but she's worried that something really bad is wrong with me and I am going to get worse before anyone bothers to help.

Suing isn't going to get you seen sooner! Go to the ER and explain you have been bleeding.

I think you need to go see your surgeon.. and DEMAND to be seen, and have a scope done... do not leave until he books you in... if you need to be a annoying and rude so be it.... you should NOT be bleeding rectally...

They need to eliminate that it is not serious... it could be nothing... it could be something... but do you want to be patiently sitting around waiting to find out.. what if it is serious? Are you willing to wait till it gets worse to find out.

Go to your emergency department and explain... do you have a health department, or a overseeing at body you can complain to regarding lack of treatment?

I would not just sit back and wait.. this is your body.. you only have one

I think that's what I'm going to have to do because they're playing around and keep telling me they are booked into this month for scopes and then this month and on and on. I always get "we'll call you and let you know" um...been waiting since February for that call.

This is just stressing me out.

Go to your emergency department.. explain that you have had wls and you are bleeding.. they will do the scope

Oh lord yeah could be cancer go to your family doctor and let him or her set you up with a GI doctor! That is something to take seriously or the emergency room

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by melbell2222

Go to your emergency department.. explain that you have had wls and you are bleeding.. they will do the scope

I will go again but the last time I went, I told them I had wls and they didn't do a scope, they just did a hemoccult and I wasn't bleeding enough to the point where it showed up.

I still begged them to do a scope and they literally told me to talk to my surgeon.

Oh lord yeah could be cancer go to your family doctor and let him or her set you up with a GI doctor! That is something to take seriously or the emergency room

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm going to see my PCP on the 13th and ask her. I do have a family history of colon cancer. ????