Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on Friday and have been messing up ever since. I was in so much pain the first couple of days that I couldn't eat hardly anything. Today and yesterday I have truly F@#ked up. I have been eating everything but the kitchen sink. I still haven't been able to eat much, but I eating things that I know I am not suppose to have. I ate mashed up peas yesterday and 1/2 cup of fried rice from the Chinese rest. today. Can someone please help me !!!!!!!!!!!! I did not go through all of this for nothing. I have 60 lbs to lose and and my first 2wk follow up is Wed 8/29. I don't know what is wrong with me.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHelp:help:

Hi maddog

This is one of the questions, I myself who loves to eat, cannot answer. I had to loose 10 pounds before I would be concidered for the surgery and I went home and ate like a gallon of ice cream. What the hell is wrong with me? Not only did I not loose the weight but I gained more and it kept getting putting off. I find out my surgery date tomorrow but loosing those 10 pounds was a killer. Its all mental, I dont know why we do those things. I think you might be testing yourself to see what you can get away with as a new bandster, just my thought. You may be seeing exactly what you CAN eat.

For the sake of all your hard work getting to this point, I would have a long talk with yourself and get your head straight. I feel your pain.

Kerry

Hi Maddog,

Maybe you should work with your dietician. I did that to keep myself in check and it's help tremendously. It holds you accountable. I also make sure I write everything down and figure out my calorie, fat and Protein intake each meal. You are right when you say you didnt' go through all of this just to fail. It's hard and no one said it would be easy but you made the decision to have the band now make the decision to eat healthy. This is a life changing surgery if you allow it to be. Start fresh, today is a new day. Forget about what you ate yesterday and start eating healthy again. Eat what they recommend and you will see the pounds fall off. Good luck.

If you have a dietitian that you have to work with, call them or make an appt with them to see what you can eat. I am 8 days out from my surgery and I hardly want to eat at all. I've had Water, sugar free popsicles, chicken brother, and a tad of cream of wheat for dinner. See what it's ok for you to eat, but do it now. Don't wait. If you fix the problem now, it will be much easier come a week or two from now. Best of luck to you.

OK.............. get a grip......... take it one day, one meal at a time..... YOUR BAND NEEDS TO FORM THE SCAR TISSUE!

What ever you do................... DO NOT EAT CRAP THAT MAKES YOU PUKE........... get a box of popsicles and keep one in your pie hole UNTIL YOUR DOC ok's the next stage......... DO NOT SELF SABOTAGE you are ALMOST there!

I was banded on Friday and have been messing up ever since. I was in so much pain the first couple of days that I couldn't eat hardly anything. Today and yesterday I have truly F@#ked up. I have been eating everything but the kitchen sink. I still haven't been able to eat much, but I eating things that I know I am not suppose to have. I ate mashed up peas yesterday and 1/2 cup of fried rice from the Chinese rest. today. Can someone please help me !!!!!!!!!!!! I did not go through all of this for nothing. I have 60 lbs to lose and and my first 2wk follow up is Wed 8/29. I don't know what is wrong with me.

Maddog2005

You fell of the horse - now pick yourself up and get back on..

Eat the foods the doctor told you to eat, you need to protect your band during this healing stage - eat cream of ck Soup (healthy request) made w/skim milk (that is if your doc allows - mine did)

I agree - you didn't do all this to fail - Only you can do... So Just Do It..

My best to you..

Maddog2005,

Hey - don't give up! I was banded on Saturday, August 18th and I thought I was feeling the need to eat as well. But, I kept a vivid picture of how small my stomach really is now and that made me realized that I had to follow my doctor's orders to avoid up chucking.

I have been drinking lots for juices and eat lots of fruit popcicles and when I feel that isn't enough I drink some warm chicken broth.

Hang in there - we are in this together and I know we can make our goals.

Why or how do people follow their pre-op diet so well and mess up post-op diet?

Before you didn't have control but now you do.

I'm sorry I dont mean to be mean but honey you have realize this is your last and final straw with weightloss.

Honestly I think some hospitals are too strict with their just liquid pre-op diets.

I really like that I can still eat food with my pre-op diet.

I've lost nine pounds in a week just by eating the Protein Shakes for Breakfast and two frozen diet meals and sugar free pudding or popscicles for a snack.< /p>

You have to be more assertive and attack the fat!

You can do it!

Dont beat yourself up for what you did in the past. Throw out any bad food in your house and only buy food that is on your diet. If you only have that food around you (sugar free pudding, coolaid, yogurt) then you wont be tempted to go for the fried rice. You cant control the past. Forgive yourself and move on. Try to get the temptation out of the house by only having the food you are supposed to eat around. When you go out, plan about what you can buy on the road that will be healthy. Go to Starbucks and get a caffeine free latte or herbal tea. Get chicken Soup if you go out and tell them you just want the broth. You can do this! You are a strong person and have the power to do well on this. It will be ok. ;)

Hey Maddog,

I just realised that I too have been messing up with the post op - AND I thought I was being good - misread the directions!!!??? How stupid is that? It makes me wonder if I did it on purpose???? I've just emailed the dietician in a panic and told her everything I ate . I'm hoping for a response soon, so that I can figure out what to do now. I went off Clear Liquids too fast,and onto mushies - kind of skipped the whole opague drinkable stage, AND I also jsut got banded last week. I am now worried about slippage, about not having set up the scar tissue or ridge or whatever is suppoed to be happening during this phase because until about 15 minutes ago I had no idea about it. From one of the posts on another thread I learned that solid food makes the stomach work - which while its healing and the band is settling into position is ,like, a bad thing..I feel really stupid. I was pretty haphazard abut it because I thought that if my stomach was tolerating what I was eating then it must be OK??? apparently not so..