Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think They will not stay at my house. but it is nice that they all volenteered to help me out.

I think I would rather fart in private lol.

Kacee,

I've just been reading through alot of posts- I will be banded on Sep 5th and am very excited. My weight is similar to your starting weight and you seem to have had great success so far! Can you give me any tips?

Thanks,

Sarah Davis

I too live alone. I am planning to do all my house work and shopping pre op. I also will discuss with my doctor about having any prescriptions filled prior to going in the hospital. I am even leaving the dog in the kennel for two days, the day of the surgery and the day after. My family all lives out of town. I fell it would be better to just relax alone. I already figure I would by some nice fresh flowers to come home to and have made arrangements to be off from work for two weeks. I will be having surgery on 11/13 on a tuesday. I will stay home the entire week and then I will take the Mon-Wed off because the following week is Thanksgiving. I figure going back the Monday after Thanksgiving will give me more then enough time off to recuperate. You guys are such support thank you...I know now that I will be fine home alone.

Let me just say I have the best friends in the whole world. I was talking to my friends trying to see if anyone could take me home from the hospital. Three of my friends told me that it is not an issue they were taking a vacation dayfor my surgery. They all told me that I was important to them and they were definitly going to be there for the whole thing. I tried to tell them they didnt have to do that but they were insistant. One of my friends dad called me and told me he would drive me to the hospital if I needed it too. I love my friends. I was just stunned that they offered to do all of that.

What sweet friends you have! Take them up on their offers. It will make them happy to help you and it will be nice for you to have their help!

I did take them up on it. I am just waiting for my surgery date now. One of my friends is taking a vacation day for my surgery and the others are staying the night to make sure I sleep and wake up I dont know how I feel about them staying the night. But I think I am just going to be thankful I have good friends.

Speaking as someone who is 3 weeks post-op today I could have never done it alone. The fact that I have 3 children to drive to school and home too didn't help it. My husband took a week off, and then my mother came for the second week. I was okay by day 9. But those first 8 days were really rough.

I have no idea how on earth you guys have done it alone. I was in no shape to drive home from surgery or even a few days later. You must be pros at having surgery.

-Leena

I dont have kids, never had surgery before. I should be having surgery on a wednesday and I have no choice but to be at work the following monday. I sure hope I do great with post op because I dont really have a choice in the matter. I will be fired if I cant get to work. Luckly I have an office job where I am answering phones and on the computer and a bathroom is close but I just hope I do well.

I think I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. Every root canal and tooth pulled I only took alieve and when I had the cortizone shots in the bottom of my feet and was ok. So I hope HOPE I will be ok.

I have family, a DH, 2 kids and 2 cats, and I love them dearly! I came home from the hospital on Sat morning. I was sooo glad when Monday came and they were gone to work and school. I just wanted to be alone so I could just rest and sleep. I wouldn't drive after anesthesia or if you are on strong pain meds but just moving around the house, you should be fine!

Good Luck!

weight.png

319 July 5, 2007

314 Aug 30, 2007 Surgery:clap2:

289 first goal (hit it 9/25/07!):eek:

274 second goal 12/8/07 (my 47 b-day present to me)