Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 8/13 - NOT doing well

I've been banded about 3 months and what I didn't go through was not worth mentioning. Ripping pain like yourself for days on end, I couldn't even stand up straight, then it would go and then come back. I had to get a prescription for my scars as they got infected. I've over eaten and had blockage after blockage, (not good and certainly not clever). But, at last I'm begining to learn and listen to my body. I'm nearly 40llbs down and feel AMAZING! My self worth is through the roof, my sex life is awsome and I'm generally a nicer person, I don't have to do battle on a daily basis with my food demons! I can't beleive how much time I spent battling mentally with food! It has not been an easy ride, I have had moment were I would have ripped that band right out if I could have. You will get there, it will be okay and you're going to be fine. Get over to see your doctor re your scars and time will heal you inside and out. The very best of luck

I've been banded about 3 months and what I didn't go through was not worth mentioning. Ripping pain like yourself for days on end, I couldn't even stand up straight, then it would go and then come back. I had to get a prescription for my scars as they got infected. I've over eaten and had blockage after blockage, (not good and certainly not clever). But, at last I'm begining to learn and listen to my body. I'm nearly 40llbs down and feel AMAZING! My self worth is through the roof, my sex life is awsome and I'm generally a nicer person, I don't have to do battle on a daily basis with my food demons! I can't beleive how much time I spent battling mentally with food! It has not been an easy ride, I have had moment were I would have ripped that band right out if I could have. You will get there, it will be okay and you're going to be fine. Get over to see your doctor re your scars and time will heal you inside and out. The very best of luck:clap2::clap2::clap2:

So I went to Dr. this week .. and here is the scoop..

I had esophogram and it was cool! BUT the drink was literally trickling in.. Not like twas supposed too... So nurse said "Oh, u must have some fill in your band!".. and she took out 2 cc's of fluid!! So b/w that and my stomach being still swollen....

GONE went the chest pains. So, that cured one problem.

Nerve pain will be there for a while. Don't wanna take pain meds.. cuz constipated enough.. but i'm learning ot live w/ it and some parts have gotten a little better.

Cuts that I thought were infected.. ha haha. ALLERGIC reaction ot the steristrips made them all puffy.. and hot and nasty looking. Since she took them off I'm fine.. The 2 w/ puss cleared up in 2 days!

Constipation is the name of hte game now.. lol. But i'm on mushies and eating a LOT more than I should be.. So i'm hoping that will help things move. Along w/ the stool softeners and laxatives and milk of mag... and fibercom.. not helping yet. but one day on it. so i hope i hope i hope.. cuz it's agony.. lol.. Never udnertsood when pple complained ab. it..

So that is me in a nutshell now.. feeling better now that 2 cc's taken out! forsure!!

thanks for all your responses!

Pemy

I am so glad your feeling better.

I have never had surgery before, never even been in a hospital before and am more woried about what I dont know then what I know.

WoooHooo, sounds like that visit to the Dr. not only helped with the physical pain, but with the mental panic we all hit, when something is not right now!!!

Used to be when I felt a bit nauseated, I figured I had a bug, or had eaten something that did not settle, now, I panic, and think it is my band!!! How silly!

I bet with a full 2 cc's gone you WILL feel better! Wow! MY DH is allergic to most adhesives, he can relate, they thought his appendix incision was infected, and it too was the dermabond and adhesive they used!

I am so glad you turned the corner, and are on the road to feeling better! Now on to the good things!!!

Kat