Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting 2 week liquids soon... has anyone started planning for this yet?

what's your plan?

Edited by Candygyrl

I start liquids 6/17 but may wait until 6/20. Surgery date is 7/1. I have began purchasing my Jello, chicken broth, Popsicles, and Protein Meal Replacements. So I should be good to go. I've started bringing items to work so I don't have to worry about not having it once I start.

I've been stocking up at work as well. Items I have both at home and work are:

Protein powder (just at home as I'll make what I need at home and bring with me)

Protein 2 o Water

Bone broth

Premier Protein shakes (As of today I can't drink them because I'm on a clear liquid diet but will be able to drink them 2 weeks post-op)

Tried to make homemade Jello last weekend but it turned out horrible. Probably the juice I used. If my 2nd attempt fails I'll have to go buy some sf Jello from the store. I am trying to avoid aspartame and stuff like it but will have to cave if I can't get my own concoction right. :)

Will probably attempt to make protein popsicles too...or at least sf ones.

The most important thing to plan for is what to do when you feel hungry. Plan on how to distract yourself and work out a plan for head hunger.

The food you stock up on doesn't matter that much, the games your mind plays on you are the real challenge.

Great plan @@determinedtolive and congrats on your June surgery! Hope all is well thusfar

@Outsidemachine thanks for the tip. I've heard about head hunger and I guess I won't quite understand it until I experience it? I think of it in terms like when I restrict certain foods from my diet but crave them like crazy. Its mental.

@@PRINCESS2218 that's exactly what I'm doing!!! Meal prepping for the next 2 weeks. I messed up though. I didn't buy sugar free popsicles and Jell-O. Its cool, I can eat them now pre-op but I understand post op I should stick to sugar free items.

I was going to wait until Monday... but I started today. I'm officially 2 weeks pre-op!!!! I made a fruit smoothie this morning-- strawberry, banana and blueberry. Added a little Water. Yum! At work right now... having a chocolate Protein shake, will have a Jell-O in an hour sipping plenty o' Water in between will have another Protein Shake about 3:00, and another smoothie when I get home.

I think I 'm good with clear and full liquids. I stick to what I like. I'll probably get the flavorless Protein by powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury to add to my foods post op. Won't be able to eat as much. Currently drinking about 8 oz, of smoothie or Protein Shake each meal. Post op that one 8 oz protein shake might last me the whole day!!! I need to start working on a post op food list for once I'm in the pureed and soft food phase. I hate cooking... So for now, I'll stock up on baby food so I'll at least have my sides and a few Entrees and use the next two weeks finish purchasing my post op clears and fulls and set the stage for the puree and soft phase.

amazing... how the time flies!