Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm allowed to have crackers, and I'm on the pureed and soft food stage. My NUT told me to pick a cracker that will dissolve easily, like a saltine or Breton cracker. It basically turns to mush in your mouth, and then I chew it to death. It's a good thing for me to have now to put things on, until I can move to the raw fruits and veggies stage. I like the sound of using cucumber slices and can't wait to try that. But to echo others, every plan is different so follow the one that has been set out for you.

What does everyone mix the tuna with? Or egg? Or ground chicken?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Some ideas:

Nothing (plain tuna or get the flavored tuna packets)

Avocado

A dab of real mayo

Aioli (I have some flavored aioli from Stonewall Kitchen that is really good.)

Lowfat gravy

Tzatziki sauce

Pesto

Salsa

Bruschetta sauce

I mix dill relish and the juice into my tuna with some regular mayo . It cuts the sugar that I used to use in my pre op days of using sweet relish . Also the flavor packets of tuna are awesome bc they don't need to be refrigerated and you can throw them in your purse for traveling . You can also do a mix of boiled eggs and tuna and get more Protein in

What does everyone mix the tuna with? Or egg? Or ground chicken?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey! I raised and showed--and judged poodles for years. I love the standards-silvers and blues.

Anyway, I digress---anytime for poodle talk! :)

I just add lemon go tuna. and lots of it.

Keep posting and let us know how your journey is going. I know it will be joyful since you have poodles! POODLES RULE!

Prayers going up.

@@LipstickLady I love ham salad! It's something my Nana used to eat and I often get it at the deli. I've never made my own but will some day!

It's SO easy. I throw some ham in my mini food processor and buzz it a few times. Then I add a generous plop of mayo and sweet relish and a dash of vidalia onion. Buzz it again to desired consistency and use as a spread during your puree' days or as a chunkier spoonable salad when you can have soft foods.

I have been known to use lighter sodium spam but I won't admit that out loud.

My soft foods includies two saltines in my diet plan which is surprising given how restrictive my nut seems in comparison to others.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches