Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've started my pureed's and it says that I can eat tuna fish, can this be eaten with crackers or is that a no?

I've started my pureed's and it says that I can eat tuna fish, can this be eaten with crackers or is that a no?

I would say no. I eat mine with a fork or spoon.

I would have to say no

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

When in doubt, call your bariatric team. They have the guidelines from your specific plan.

Generally speaking: no crackers on pureed.

But:

Every plan is different. Call and find out what's on yours.

As noted above, check with your surgeon's team to see what their specific requirements are. Some crackers, like saltines, are basically mush by the time they get to your stomach and should be ok. They were recommended by my team for settling any minor stomach queasiness early on, but then we didn't have discrete liquid, puree, and soft stages - they were all grouped together and we progressed as we could tolerate things, so check with your team to make sure.

You definitely should ask your doctor, but my doctor (and from what I've read most doctors) discourage eating simple carbs like crackers in the early days. I was told you can eventually eat them in moderation once you're in maintenance, but introducing simple carbs in the weight loss stage is going to get you hooked back on the carb craving train and you'll possibly slow your weight loss if you eat things like that regularly when you're just a few months out from surgery and still trying to lose.

1. Are you planning to puree the cracker?

2. Are you allowed to eat nutrition-free, high carb, high calorie foods like crackers, the kinds of foods that made you obese in the first place, in your puree phase?

If you can answer both questions a confident YES, then go ahead. If not, seek guidance from your bariatric team.

They gave me a book but it said nothing about eating or not eating it. Today is day 3 that I haven't been able to eat anything and this morning Water made me sick, But thanks I'll try to get a hold of my doctor again.

I have seen some plans that allowed crackers with things like tuna other potted meat. It seems like a strange allowance because it's just empty calories, and you're so limited in the early stages it would just keep you from getting enough of the good stuff in.

I was not allowed cracker and still not allowed crackers at almost 11 months out. But every surgeon has a different plan. Now I really watch my carbs because those types of food make me crave more carbs. As soon as your plan allow you to have cucumber that's a great way to eat your tuna and still have that crunch. Now I couldn't imagine eat my tuna with cracker. This taste so much better. Good luck!!!

I was not allowed cracker and still not allowed crackers at almost 11 months out. But every surgeon has a different plan. Now I really watch my carbs because those types of food make me crave more carbs. As soon as your plan allow you to have cucumber that's a great way to eat your tuna and still have that crunch. Now I couldn't imagine eat my tuna with cracker. This taste so much better. Good luck!!!

Oh yes - cucumber rocks, but really love red pepper strips with tuna or chicken salad now. Crackers suck! :D

@@SilentBotts there is not much that i can have, for the last 3 days I haven't had anything because it just comes back up and today Water started making me sick. They gave me zofran to see if that will help with it.

@@libby43 I didn't even think of cucumber thank you

TOO EARLY for cucumber. That's not a soft food or puree'. According to my surgeon, no fruits or veggies with tiny seeds because they could get stuck and fester in your staple line. I don't know how true that is, but...