Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lotion for loose skin

My PCP mentioned that I should use lotions/oils to help with loose skin, such as the type that pregnant women use. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I've lost 36 lbs so far and thank God so far skin still tight but I have 65 more lbs to go for goal. Sleeved 1 1/2 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Unfortunately there really is no way to prevent loose skin. Firming creams can only temporarily mask when there is just a little bit of extra skin but most of us have way more than what can be helped with creams. You will most likely have to have plastic surgery to remove excess skin or simply learn to live with it. Some people don't mind the excess skin.

I am using Bio-Oil on my skin which can be purchased at Walmart. Kind of expensive but it is helping with the incision marks; I am using a recumbent bike and stationary gym for the tightening of the skin.

I use coconut oil on my skin. so far things are going pretty well. my favorite thing is to float the jar in my warm bath and then when I dry off to rub the hot oil all over. it is pure bliss, and my skin stays soft for a long time.

There is nothing you can apply to your skin that will show any real difference in the looseness of your skin if you have hanging folds after losing a large amount of weight. You're pretty much going to have to go to a cosmetic surgeon for surgery - either cutting off and/or reshaping - if you want real, lasting results.

Most lotions will help with the appearance of dry/distressed skin. Moisture and certain additives makes skin plump up and look less wrinkly, but it won't fix or tighten anything that is really hanging, so don't waste your money if you have serious issues with skin folds after losing weight.

But do stay hydrated, use something that provides deep moisturizing properties (I use olive or coconut oil or just regular lotions depending) and work on building muscle as it helps fill out your skin better.

Thanks everyone for the great answers! This helps!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches