Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hard time parting with the fat clothes....

i have donated everything except 1 pair of pants and 1 dress. those are going in my 'comparison' pics when i hit goal.

i do have all my old t-shirts though, they are great to work out in. i still have tummy issues (visual) and cant stand work out tops that "fit".

I am having trouble deciding what fits and what is too big. Everything before was so tight that I feel like if there is any extra room at all in my clothes that they are too big when maybe, just maybe, that is how they are supposed to fit????? I guess I have to get used to how things are supposed to fit properly instead of packed in.

I do not want to be one of those (we all know them) who goes down a size about 15 lbs too early (not a good look) or one of the people that wear the fat clothes too long and look frumpy. ARGGGHHH I guess this is a good problem to have huh?

Oh I LOVED my shoulder pads! They always ade you look thinner. I've still got a lot of stuff in my closet that has them....

Kacee....just between me and you, I like shoulder pads, too.

Maybe not as gargantuan as in the 80's, but they've always been a staple of finely tailored clothes. And especially important for the really overweight woman, who can tend to get really round-shouldered.

Someone told me that if you keep clothes that are too big then you make it easier for yourself to wear something comfortable in the unlikely event that you gain weight again. So if your skinny clothes ever start to feel tight your only option is to get the weight off instead of slipping into the fat clothes that you saved. Makes sense to me. I'm not there yet, but as soon as my clothes are loose, they are out the door... just like the fat that went with them.

OMG I not only still have my fat clothes, well I still wear them. I am still wearing size 24 pants when I can fit into a 16. I was only banded in March and I just can't get it into my head yet that I don' t need to wear that stuff anymore. It's so mental for me. I mean...it hasn't been that long since I HAD to wear that stuff! Someone slap me. :wacko:

"OMG I not only still have my fat clothes, well I still wear them."

ha ha, me too, isn't it crazy? all that time spent wishing i could wear other clothes, and now a hold back. All my big pants I have to belt own with a belt that practically goes around me twice! I have 1 pair of pants that fit me, but of course, i have no idea what size they are because back in the day, I thought they were too big and I cut the tag off them! (some kind of denial, I guess) At least I got rid of all my pregnancy clothes (except the expensive pair of pants I plan on passing to my sister someday or some other "worthy" plus size woman. I also have a shirt, God knows why I have it, that is a 4x, it looks like pajamas on me! The other day i tried on a size 20 shirt and that fit, so I don't know why I hang onto it. I am hoping to get some new clothes after Christmas, I was at Walmart and was going to buy a shirt, but then realized, I had the 4x picked out (perhaps my brain needs to start losing some fat, haha) and that also, In a couple of months, no matter what fits me now won't fit me later. I ddon't have a lot of money, so I can't afford to keep buying new clothes, so I guess until someday, I will wear my husband's (when I'm thin enough and have enough money - Oh the dream!)

<p>I JUST broke down and ordered a couple of shirts from Lane Bryant (I do like their stuff)....but bit the bullet and ordered size L instead of 1X. No clue as to if they will fit, but if NOT, they'll go into the closet to be tried on each week until they do! Also got two shirts this weekend...one in a 1x and one in a 14-16....the 14-16 DID fit....exactly (no wiggle room, but it looked GREAT!) so it's another one I will stick in the closet and try each week until it is a LITTLE looser. I'm one of those people who NEVER wore things tight or figure hugging (even when I was thin, because of my thighs), so I am just used to things being worn out, hanging down, etc. Maybe I can re-think myself and get to the point I can wear something that actually FITS my figure......ooooooooo....there's a hurdle......</p>

I do however warn anyone spending money on new clothes on the way down. Over the past year, I could name a few things that were simply a waste of money, because they didn't fit for too long.

But, what a wonderful problem to have experienced hey? :confused:

Oh I know how this one goes. I just bought new jeans for school, a pair of 9/10, a 12, a 13, and an 11/12. Yet, I still want to wear my sixteens. I go to pull on the new jeans thinking "These things aren't going to fit!" Then they do! I also have basketball shirts that are XLs. They swallow me whole but I don't want to part with them because they have all kinds of memories attached to them and they can't really be replaced. They are tournament jerseys and team shirts. Even my few Ls are a little big but not big enough to get me worried about having to get rid of yet. But I just think that I don't want to get rid of my clothes because of all the memories I have attached to them. I suppose I will just have to make new memories in new (small) clothes.