Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op liquid diet

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So listening to the same brain that got you in this state instead of listening to your surgeon is smart! Instead of getting pissed off about how the surgeons have different requirements how about doing what your told and then dealing with it. I'm on my 3rd day preop diet and although there have been tough moments they pass. If I'm giving into the negative mental pity party I'm screwed before I even have the surgery. Our biggest battle is the psychological one and if our mindset sucks then this experience is going to suck. A dr. told me yesterday to focus on doing this one day at a time like recovering alcoholics and drug addicts do. I also focus on the prize. Plus I want my surgeons job to be easier since he's going to be digging around my innards. And I see this as the natural consequence of being so damned over indulgent all those many years. Quite frankly suck it up and get over yourself. You have a chance at a whole new life and if that doesn't make you happy no amount of weight loss will either.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

So listening to the same brain that got you in this state instead of listening to your surgeon is smart! Instead of getting pissed off about how the surgeons have different requirements how about doing what your told and then dealing with it. I'm on my 3rd day preop diet and although there have been tough moments they pass. If I'm giving into the negative mental pity party I'm screwed before I even have the surgery. Our biggest battle is the psychological one and if our mindset sucks then this experience is going to suck. A dr. told me yesterday to focus on doing this one day at a time like recovering alcoholics and drug addicts do. I also focus on the prize. Plus I want my surgeons job to be easier since he's going to be digging around my innards. And I see this as the natural consequence of being so damned over indulgent all those many years. Quite frankly suck it up and get over yourself. You have a chance at a whole new life and if that doesn't make you happy no amount of weight loss will either.

Day #1 pre-op diet... the struggle is real... but small sacrifices for the end result...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

Hey 165B445

You have know idea what some people's struggles are. I know all about taking it one day at a time, so before you spout your mouth off you should try and find out what people's problems are. I get low blood sugar and if I don't eat I get very faint and will throw up so maybe you should just keep your mouth shut. I am doing the best I can and think I am doing s pretty damn good job.

Sorry that should've been directed at jackh

You know what your right I don't know what people's struggles are especially when they don't post them. What I do know from all the reading and listening to podcasts that I have is that unless we follow the instructions to the letter the chances of long term success aren't good. And if your issues with the pre op diet have to do with low sugar then why wouldn't your surgeon or nut be willing to modify it? But I also know thatr my head can make all kinds of excuses if I let it. We have to be brutally honest with ourselves if cheating is because of a legit issue or is just because we want the damned pizza, cheese, whatever. I am honestly sorry if I made any assumptions about your situation but honestly as I peruse these forums I'm seeing tons of belly aching over bs. If we don't at least try to have the right mindset and approach to this then what's the point? If we don't challenge some of the crap that goes on in our heads then who else will? Hang tough man, you can do this. I've never met you but I got faith in you. I'm not here to stir people up but to challenge them, us.

I accept your apology and thank you for the encouragement. I wish you all the luck in your journey also. I understand the getting in the mind set for after surgery but here is my issue with that also. From everything I have read you can still eat whatever you want after surgery in moderation so this whole argument about getting ready for after surgery to me is BS. I do plan on being very successful after my surgery, but I also know that we have to live a little. I did mention my trouble to the surgeon and he said that I would be fine. Jackh please except my apology for snapping at you. I am one week out from my surgery and I am ready to be successful the rest of they way. Again good luck to you.

If I were mentally, emotionally and physically strong enough to "suck it up", I wouldn't need surgery myself. I am bedbound and housebound so cannot exercise, or even walk but a few steps a day, because of severe fibromyalgia and cfs. That's why I am having surgery. I also have a bowel condition and severe IBS D. Everyday, what I eat is a struggle because of the effect it has on my body. Yes, I am weak and yes, I am reaching out and whining. Because I am alone, no one understands and I am sad. So I came here to ask for help. I did not get fat from being indulgent, I got fat because I can no longer move. I haven't posted all of this because I didn't think I had to.

@@GinaCampbell Hang in there. We all know how miserable the pre-op diet can be and it sounds like your situation may even be worse than most. At least being housebound means you can't go out to get foods you shouldn't. Seriously though, you have to hang tough. Do NOT give up on getting the surgery just because you are struggling with the pre-op. It seems like you really need it. Just focus on making it through each day. Don't think about how many days you have left and allow yourself to get overwhelmed.

Hi Gina, This is jackh in a different account. I apologize if my post upset (as it obviously did) you. I'm sorry for the medical struggles you are going through. My post wasn't directed at someone whose obesity was caused by the kind of medical issues you have. I too am weak but I'm really trying to psych myself in a positive direction with this whole thing. I'm sorry for not being as supportive as you might need because that is what should be going on here is all of us trying to be supportive. I'm a drug and alcohol addiction counselor who runs into a lot of excuse making in my clients and I've run into tons of it in myself as well and I've been conditioned to confront it in myself and in others. So I'm sorry for being too blunt and harsh without knowing the real struggles that people are going through on here. I don't want to be a source of distress for you or anyone else and really want to be supportive. But I also know that sometimes the best support comes from not what we want to hear but what we need to hear. And just venting to vent without looking for solutions and then becoming willing to apply those solutions will get us nowhere because if nothing changes, nothing changes. And for me I know that change I must or die I will. So most of what I post is really directed at my own tendency to bs myself. And if it applies to anyone else then cool but if not then take what you need and leave the rest. I wish you well and I hope and pray that the surgery really helps you with these medical issues and whatever else you need help with.

Hey Bmo094, no apology necessary brother! I can be downright snappy sometimes too. Just ask my wife. It's all cool and good in the hood. I wish you all the luck and blessings that are going to come from your surgery and this new way of life were all blessed to have a chance at. Hey if we cant take out our frustrations to one another on here then who else can we take it out on? If I tried that with my wife she'd kick my ass! You take care and keep up the good work.

No apologies needed.

Hey 165B445

You have know idea what some people's struggles are. I know all about taking it one day at a time, so before you spout your mouth off you should try and find out what people's problems are. I get low blood sugar and if I don't eat I get very faint and will throw up so maybe you should just keep your mouth shut. I am doing the best I can and think I am doing s pretty damn good job.

Hey Bmo094.... I didn't start the post your venting about, your barking up wrong tree/post... pls re- read that person's thread.... I know my struggles!!! Never said I know or claim to know anyone struggles... I know I had a heart attack 3yrs ago with open heart surgery at age 40 for a WOMAN!!!! and I'm on day #3 of this pre-op diet and I'm angry too but I'm not the one judging anyone struggles... have a blessed day...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

I understand and you know what? Whatever you decide will be ok as long as you make sure you are at peace with your decision. During the pre op diet, I almost quit. But then I reminded myself why I started the journey and what sort of future I was going to have if I didn't get the weight off. Had my surgery April 28. It is NOT easy. The post op liquid diet is terrible. But you know what? Pay attention to all the wonderful positive minded posters on here who are further out post op and all of their little victory stories. Good luck !