Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Health alliance connect in Illinois

Hi, my name is Taylor and this is my first post. Does anyone have Health Alliance connect in Illinois and get approved for the sleeve procedure? If so, how long was the entire process and what requirements did you have to meet? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi, my name is Taylor and this is my first post. Does anyone have Health Alliance connect in Illinois and get approved for the sleeve procedure? If so, how long was the entire process and what requirements did you have to meet? Thank you!

Hi I am in IL as well and my husband has HAC. We were told he has to do 6 months of nutrition with the PCP. I had a friend who started it last September and she is currently 20 days post opp. So not much more than the 6 months.

What program are you going through? I have found that makes the difference

Sent from my SGH-M919 using the BariatricPal App

Hi I am in IL as well and my husband has HAC. We were told he has to do 6 months of nutrition with the PCP. I had a friend who started it last September and she is currently 20 days post opp. So not much more than the 6 months.

Thank you and nice to meet you. I have my first appointment at Memorial weight loss and wellness center on the 27th. I'm going with the sleeve. How far along is your husband in the process? I know, I'll have to pay for the nutritionist and behavioral people out of pocket and I believe there is a $300 surgeons fee eventually!

Thank you and nice to meet you. I have my first appointment at Memorial weight loss and wellness center on the 27th. I'm going with the sleeve. How far along is your husband in the process? I know, I'll have to pay for the nutritionist and behavioral people out of pocket and I believe there is a $300 surgeons fee eventually!

We are with Memorial as well! You shouldn't have to pay for the nutritionist or behavioral. He just started but I am 3 months in. I am probably having surgery in October. I was told they did away with the $300 surgeons fee but haven't updated their videos yet. I wondered the same thing so I asked them.

That is great news!! Lol!! I really hope, I don't have to pay any or much for the nutritionist and all. I'm not working full time right now so... I bet you are so excited! Are you doing the sleeve procedure?

That is great news!! Lol!! I really hope, I don't have to pay any or much for the nutritionist and all. I'm not working full time right now so... I bet you are so excited! Are you doing the sleeve procedure?

I just verified with my friend who also did memorial and she didn't have to pay anything out of pocket and she has hac.

I'm probably doing rny. I'm currently 365.

Did you ever hear back on your quote for Health Alliance Connect? We just got my husband's official quote and now memorial is saying he has to pay both nut and lcsw (Behavioral health) Still trying to figure this out but the price they are quoting seems so high!

I went on 4/27 and was billed $109 to see the behavioral health person. The medical eval was no charge. She did tell me that future appointments would be a lot less. The quote states that physical therapy is no charge as well as support groups and surgeon visits. As long as you meet with a NP there is no charge but will be one of there is one with a PA

I'm sorry, you did say that you got the quote.. Lol

We were quoted $400 for behavioral and $180 for Nut

What?! That cannot be correct for one 60 minute visit. Perhaps they mean altogether... I also have the fee sheet fro

Memorial that lists what HAC will cover, what they want and all possible fees for initial visits and all follow ups

Hey, How are things going with you? I had a 3.5 meeting to go to that cost me $77 and the the $109 at my initial appt. I have an endoscopy on 5/17...

So far so good! I have completed 4 months of the medically monitored weight loss part. My husband has 1 more video to watch before he gets his first appointment with LCSW. I spoke with her last Tuesday at group and she was just as confused as we were on the insurance paperwork. Apparently she has worked with many HAC patients and none of them are reporting getting any bills. We recently discovered Springfield is charging patients something different then their satellites are. I have been doing this for 4 months now and not once have I received a bill (I also have Health Alliance but mine is medicare/medicaid)

That's good to hear! I have an upper GI test tomorrow at 6:15 in the morning. Hoping I sleep through it. Lol.. I was told they would bill me for the wls stuff.. Oh well!

If the Upper GI is like the test I had years ago you have to be awake and swallowing barium so they can check for reflux. But my husband had one a few years ago that was a scope where he was in a twilight sleep.

I was told I don't have to have that test.