Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone she'd some light on this topic? I'm only a month in and I'm certainly not drinking any alcohol for a whole. I'm asking because I do like a cocktail every so often. What has been your experience? When did you dabble in alcohol again? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

I'm five weeks out and used to have wine nearly every night with dinner. Since surgery, I don't find the idea of a glass of wine the least bit appealing, which I never expected. I'm going to wait until my sleeve thinks more of the idea.

This surprises the heck out of me, BTW.

No intention nor interest to ever drink again. It has no nutritional value. My surgeon said no and I'm ok with that. I doubt a cocktail once in awhile would make a difference when you are further out.

too bad no drinkers ever answer it's question.. it's always somewhat judgy when people respond to this question. i would also like to know, as I plan to drink still when I'm further out.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

That was a judgement call. I used to drink but since the surgery I have no desire. Is that better suited to you?

I had a glass of wine when I was 6 months out.

too bad no drinkers ever answer it's question.. it's always somewhat judgy when people respond to this question. i would also like to know, as I plan to drink still when I'm further out.

'Scuse me, but I definitely would call myself a drinker (as opposed to a nondrinker, which I definitely am not).

I am a sleever that drinks. I was allowed at 3 months and I am four months out now. I don't have the same interest in drinking I use to. I used to drink every Friday and Saturday. 2-3 drinks a night. I think meet the definition of social drinker for a women. But that has really changed for a number of reasons. 1.) You really should avoid any carbonation. I took a sip of beer and it didn't feel good. I am not a big beer drinker so no big loss. But did use to like rum and Diet Coke.... That is out too. At bars I have tried skinny margaritas and did fine. You probably need to be willing to try new things to find something low cal and no carbonation. 2). You can't eat and drink so when your out there is a window when you can't drink alcohol. That lowers your overall consumption.... Which is good we are trying to loose weight right? 3.). Because I am focus on weight loss I limit for that reason as well. 4). It goes to your head faster so I limit for that reason too. With that said I DO enjoy an occasional cocktail. Now the disclaimer.... Follow your doctors orders and plan. Alcohol consumption is empty calories and hinders weightloss Third. There is a correlation between WLS and developing new addictions to things like alcohol. Be careful. But I am sure you already knew that.[emoji57]

Edited by ocgirl15

I am allowed alcohol, I think I had my first at about 4 months out.

At my 6 month appt my doc asked what am I having for alcohol. Not if I'm having it, but what am I choosing. He just wanted to make sure it is a low calorie choice and obvi not excessive

I drink prosecco, which is fizzy. My doc approved.

The big thing is that you must avoid the super caloric, sugary drinks! Margaritas (unless skinny type), creamy type stuff, etc. That's where you can get into real trouble and your losses will be compromised.

Eta I'll be 2 years out in September.

Do you drink? Why didn't you answer the question then.

Sent from my SM-G920I using the BariatricPal App

I'm 6 months post op and had my first drink yesterday and that one drank felt like 3 or 4 , I was too nervous to drink another thinking It would of made me have to crawl to the passenger seat of the car lol, everyone is different, just sip slow and see how you feel , everything taste different to me after surgery and more potent , best wishes to everyone

I had my first drink around 6 months. I can slowly drink a few whisky and ginger ales. Your belly will let you know. ????

Glass of wine one month out on Christmas , I only drank half of it. I've had about 3 half glasses of wine since. I really don't go out anymore so no desire to drink . Doctor told me you can have a drink but be very careful as it hits you quicker. And that it does !! I went from smoking and drinking to going to the gym instead or go on a hike. I feel 100% better ! And really don't miss it

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App