Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So yesterday at work, we had a staff meeting and sitting on the conference room table were two boxes of Dunkin Donuts. No one wanted to take one but I knew everyone was eyeing them. I went into the kitchen and brought back a bunch of knives and said these were for those interested in half a donut..or a quarter. I then proceeded to start to cut away a piece for myself and one of my colleagues said the following: 'Sure, just eat a little piece...spoken just like the size 2 that she is'. She meant it in a lighthearted way...not nasty at all and as this woman was a recent hire, she did not know me at any other size (btw...I'm not a 2) and just presumed I was a dainty eater and wouldn't have a problem with a piece of donut rather than the whole thing.

Like I said in the topic title, this is the payoff for me. I want people to know me as I am now, and not as I was. The obese person I was before is hopefully dead and buried. I like this version of me so much more. It's not just that I look better...it's that I feel better, I'm more positive, more outgoing, more comfortable in my skin, etc, etc.

No...life is not perfect. Weight loss has made my life easier but I still have issues, worries, concerns. It's just easier to deal with this stuff when my size is no longer a factor.

This exchange yesterday gave me the hope that the size I am now will be forever, my new normal. :)

That is great! Thank you for sharing.

Congrats and what a great feeling. I am still in the "OMG I almost didn't recognize you, you've changed so much" phase. I am enjoying it, but can't wait to be at the phase you are at!

Enjoy!

pam

That's the phase I am hoping for soon. I am still getting the "are you, ok?" questions...

I absolutely love your post.

Great story and such a funny reaction from your coworker.

Great strategy to suggest the knife for doughnuts. I've never considered doing that.....a portion of a doughnut vs the whole freaking thing at once.

So glad to be past that mess, too.

Must've felt good to (likely) be the only one not agonizing over the temptation of the donuts. Pre-WLS me would've grabbed two of them and felt guilty about it later. Now you could set a tray of freshly iced donuts straight from the fryer in front of me and I wouldn't be any more interested in them than I would be a slice of white bread. Pretty amazing since donuts were a trigger food for me.

I face the donuts every day, too, because of where I work (at a college dorm with a tray of fresh donuts laid out each morning in the dining hall). I walk right past them and get hard boiled eggs and fruit instead :D feels good!

Must've felt good to (likely) be the only one not agonizing over the temptation of the donuts. Pre-WLS me would've grabbed two of them and felt guilty about it later. Now you could set a tray of freshly iced donuts straight from the fryer in front of me and I wouldn't be any more interested in them than I would be a slice of white bread. Pretty amazing since donuts were a trigger food for me.

I face the donuts every day, too, because of where I work (at a college dorm with a tray of fresh donuts laid out each morning in the dining hall). I walk right past them and get hard boiled eggs and fruit instead :D feels good!

Outstanding !!!!!

Close your eyes. Take a deep cleansing breathe. Remember.

How's that feel????

Aaaaaahhh Haaaaaaa moment.

:)

So yesterday at work, we had a staff meeting and sitting on the conference room table were two boxes of Dunkin Donuts. No one wanted to take one but I knew everyone was eyeing them. I went into the kitchen and brought back a bunch of knives and said these were for those interested in half a donut..or a quarter. I then proceeded to start to cut away a piece for myself and one of my colleagues said the following: 'Sure, just eat a little piece...spoken just like the size 2 that she is'. She meant it in a lighthearted way...not nasty at all and as this woman was a recent hire, she did not know me at any other size (btw...I'm not a 2) and just presumed I was a dainty eater and wouldn't have a problem with a piece of donut rather than the whole thing.

Like I said in the topic title, this is the payoff for me. I want people to know me as I am now, and not as I was. The obese person I was before is hopefully dead and buried. I like this version of me so much more. It's not just that I look better...it's that I feel better, I'm more positive, more outgoing, more comfortable in my skin, etc, etc.

No...life is not perfect. Weight loss has made my life easier but I still have issues, worries, concerns. It's just easier to deal with this stuff when my size is no longer a factor.

This exchange yesterday gave me the hope that the size I am now will be forever, my new normal. :)

Wow! I can so relate to that. Well said.