Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok- please no negative comments!!

Saying that, I am in week 3 and I have gained a little weight. I know we shouldn't watch the numbers on the scale, but I didn't think I would gain. I am weighing twice per week. I am in mashed Protein and yogurt, averaging about 500 calories, 30 carbs and 60 Protein with 64 oz of Water.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm also in week three and not gaining, but stalling. The advice I've seen is increase Protein (60 is on the low side for our diets) and increase Fluid. I'm not big on replacing all my refrigerator with low cal everything (mayo, cheese, etc) so I am careful when I eat actual foods. My calories increases by 100-200 in this stage because of that. I am going to add another shake or yogurt in the evenings and see if that helps.

Good luck to you too.

Are you exercising at all yet? I'm just walking and slow jogging to be safe now- but maybe some exercise could help move you along?

I'm in the exact same situation. I am just shy of 3 weeks post-op and have been stuck for 8 days. Actually up a pound or two (just fluctuating right there). I know it's normal, but it's so frustrating to hit a stall so fast after surgery, I hardly got to enjoy the initial weight loss before it stopped. Just tying to be patient, and working the plan.

After RNY gastric bypass surgery, the most important elements are meeting your Protein, Fluid and Vitamin daily requirements. Exercise is important also. Generally 30 minutes of walking each day. food is secondary because your body is converting stored fat into the energy that drives your body. Weight loss is achieved by meal volume control. At 3 weeks post-op that should be 2 onces per meal, 3 meals per day. Just be a little patient and let the magic happen.

I, too, am at 3 weeks and have stalled. I have been averaging about 65 Protein, definitely getting enough Water, and walk at least 6 miles per day and go to the gym three times a week for 40 minutes. My calorie intake has been no higher than 700 per day. I haven't lost a pound in about ten days:(

Don't over do it on the exercise people! Your bodies just had surgey. They are healing and also adjusting to the low calories. 30 minutes 3-4 times a week is plenty. The stalls or gains may be caused by doing too much and your bodies not getting enough nutrition sending it into starvation mode. If you are not over eating, then do not over exercise either. I had a 3 week stall when I started working out. When I slowed down only doing 30 to 45 mins on weights and or walking then I started to lose again. But, I'm 10 weeks out now and I haven't lost anything this past week again. I'm okay with it because I know I could be doing better with my Water intake and Protein too. I didn't think I would have to watch my diet so much after surgery but I am still very glad I had it. The reason being... I do not constantly think about food. Fatty high carb and sugary foods make me extremely nauseous just to think about them now. Surgery has changed my way of thinking when it comes to food. That is my solution! :) Things will start moving again, It's all good!

And on day 14 the stall was broken. Ok, maybe on day 13, as I was down .5lbs from the lowest weight over the last 13 days, but I didn't believe it. Today, I was down an additional 2 lbs, now I am beginning to believe.

Just thought I'd update you as I know I am always curious what others are experiencing. While it was frustrating, I knew that I was working the plan, and clothes were starting to fit much better over those 14 days, and that things were going as they were supposed to. But it's still definitely a frustrating experience. I'm sure there will be more stalls, and I hope they get less frustrating as time goes by. For me, the worst part was that I only lost weight for 10 days post-surgery (albeit 17 lbs) prior to going into a 14 day stall. When the not losing period was longer than the losing period to-date, it was hard not to be disappointed.

I also lost 45 lbs in the 6 weeks prior to surgery (with no stalls), so that may play a part in my experience as well.

Thanks for the update! I am still at a stall. Saw my PA yesterday because of a ER visit and she said it was normal. I guess I will just take it day by day. Glad to hear it has passed for you @! Hopefully it will for me too!

Thanks for the update! I am still at a stall. Saw my PA yesterday because of a ER visit and she said it was normal. I guess I will just take it day by day. Glad to hear it has passed for you @! Hopefully it will for me too!

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process. Everyone stalls, and almost every one stalls about three weeks after surgery.

As others have suggested, just make sure you are getting in enough Protein and Fluid. If the numbers on the scale are driving you crazy then stay off the scale!

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall