Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honestly why r men A****? 5days post op

@choicemun I found that with my husband ... when I brought this same issue to his attention ... he felt extremely bad ...

Said he's used to eating "with" me ... that he didn't realize what he was doing ... Since that lightbulb went off ... he got a lot better about it ...

Though now, I'm 9 months out ... and it doesn't bother me anymore ...

Men are creatures of habit ... and eating WITH your spouse is a habit ... doesn't matter what the food is ...

I don't think he's doing it to be a jerk ... its just what he's known and what he's used to ....

Not defending ... just trying to offer a different perspective ...

Good Luck !! :)

This thread is great for the newbies that are recently post dealing with this kind of issue. I think all of us talked to our SO and hoped the "got it". Some do, some don't. Keep talking, use the thread hear as a reason to bring it up - even if the are being angels and not tempting you with food.

I am one of the lucky ones, hubby has ate a lot better with me from the start. I never had the "don't eat in front of me conversation" with him or adult son. They ate as usual, I just ate (drank) what I was supposed to and moved on. My soft food started day 3, so I was eating yogurt, scrambled eggs, etc when they were eating KFC, burgers, hotdogs, etc.

We were living in a RV for the first 2 weeks post so we were eating 'easy' meals. I did my pre-op/post-op in a 25' RV with food cooked on the grill or quick cook type meals. Maybe that's why it was easier on me. I also staying moving and wouldn't stay around the food :D

I'm sorry you feel like you aren't being supported :( I worry a lot about my hubby not being as helpful as I need as I get started on my journey. I had a big conversation with him on why I wanted to do it, that I'd need his support, etc etc and his response was literally "OK". That's it. I mean, I guess it's better than no response (which is what I got when I brought it up 2 years ago). But I put a lot of thought and research into this before I decided on actually going through with it, so I think I was hoping for more. Eh.

I hope things improve for you! :)

Oh how I hate the "OK" after telling him how you feel about something! And when you ask what does "OK" mean, all you yet is it "it means I get it" lol men we really are not from the same planet.

I hope you do get the support you need and that it all works out for you too.

P.S. Tell me you are Canadian we need to be friends? ????

I'm sorry you feel like you aren't being supported :( I worry a lot about my hubby not being as helpful as I need as I get started on my journey. I had a big conversation with him on why I wanted to do it, that I'd need his support, etc etc and his response was literally "OK". That's it. I mean, I guess it's better than no response (which is what I got when I brought it up 2 years ago). But I put a lot of thought and research into this before I decided on actually going through with it, so I think I was hoping for more. Eh.

I hope things improve for you! :)

Oh how I hate the "OK" after telling him how you feel about something! And when you ask what does "OK" mean, all you yet is it "it means I get it" lol men we really are not from the same planet.

I hope you do get the support you need and that it all works out for you too.

P.S. Tell me you are Canadian we need to be friends?

Not Canadian, but geographically close :D (I'm in New Hampshire, about 4 hours south of the border).

Men really do see things differently. I just hope I get more feedback later in the process and he's willing to help me when I need it.

I'd simply go over to him, sit by his side, reach over and take his burger - then I'd lick the entire outside of it.

As I set it down and walked away, I'd tell him that you aren't able to eat like that anymore and his eating it front of you is as considerate as what you just did. That'll be the last time you have that discussion :lol:

I have found through my many, many years on this planet that most men suffer from "HGS"--Hanging Genitalia Syndrome.

Gravity is the cause. Over years, gravity's force pulls on the male hanging genitalia, which in turns pulls on all other cells of the body--mostly certainly the BRAIN.

Years and years of this constant downward pull of a man's brain cells damages them and the brain cells rot and die.

This makes any intellectual thinking almost impossible. Also lost is attention span and most if not all romantic sensibilities.

So, my female friends. Remember and try to be compassionate with the men in your lives. The "clods" that they can be at times is not all of their own doing...

IT'S GRAVITY!