Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to stop weight lost.

My weight is getting too low. How do I stop it? How do I gain weight to have energy and feel healthy? I know this his sound crazy. But it's getting out of control. I never suffer for any eating disorder. Trying to push food but it hurts, and I vomit. A get crazy dumping with sweets. I'm hungry but I can't eat enough. 115lbs /5'6'/ 1 year out.

Definitely talk to your Bariatric team.

My surgeon is noted for creating very small pouches. This restricts my meal size significantly even though I am 34 months post-op RNY surgery. When I spoke to my nutritionist about this issue, she recommended that I increase the number of meal. Eat small meals but eat them as much as five times a day. The problem you are experiencing may also be caused by a stricture.

@@foodfighter78, you definitely need to eat more. Have you seen a nutritionist yet? Have they discussed any possible Vitamin or mineral deficiencies at this point? Have you seen a Psychiatrist? I think you were worried about weight regain at one point. Eating frequent small meals is a given but are they high nutritional meals? As someone who has a very small pouch myself as James mentioned. I am 5'6" and was down to about 119 pounds. I made up in my mind I didn't want to be sick or dead for the sake of being skinny. I gave myself permission to gain some weight back. I did this by seeing a Nutritionist and she made a meal plan for me. Even with one visit I learned how to eat frequent small portions that have higher calories. I am now 122 pounds, feel much better and look much better. This is at about 1700 calories per day for me. Ex. Instant oatmeal with fresh banana, a potato with salmon, fruits in between, crackers, cheese-itz's are small and high in calories, adding butter to your potatoes as a fat. I have had complications as well surgically but I work with what I have. This is just an example of how you may help yourself. Also, discussing this with your Bariatric surgeon including a reversal may be necessary if it can't be fixed. Good luck.

Edited by Trayjay33

@@foodfighter78, you definitely need to eat more. Have you seen a nutritionist yet? Have they discussed any possible Vitamin or mineral deficiencies at this point? Have you seen a Psychiatrist? I think you were worried about weight regain at one point. Eating frequent small meals is a given but are they high nutritional meals? As someone who has a very small pouch myself as James mentioned. I am 5'6" and was down to about 119 pounds. I made up in my mind I didn't want to be sick or dead for the sake of being skinny. I gave myself permission to gain some weight back. I did this by seeing a Nutritionist and she made a meal plan for me. Even with one visit I learned how to eat frequent small portions that have higher calories. I am now 122 pounds, feel much better and look much better. This is at about 1700 calories per day for me. Ex. Instant Oatmeal with fresh banana, a potato with salmon, fruits in between, crackers, cheese-itz's are small and high in calories, adding butter to your potatoes as a fat. I have had complications as well surgically but I work with what I have. This is just an example of how you may help yourself. Also, discussing this with your Bariatric surgeon including a reversal may be necessary if it can't be fixed. Good luck.

thank you! I'm working with both a nutritionist and a psychologist, today was good day I try to eat more, even had Pasta, Greek yogurt, and finally some shaved meet with olive oil and lemon. I was able to keep it down. I need to let myself gain some weight and be ok with it. Because I had surgery to have a healthy life with my kids and husband.

@@foodfighter78, you definitely need to eat more. Have you seen a nutritionist yet? Have they discussed any possible Vitamin or mineral deficiencies at this point? Have you seen a Psychiatrist? I think you were worried about weight regain at one point. Eating frequent small meals is a given but are they high nutritional meals? As someone who has a very small pouch myself as James mentioned. I am 5'6" and was down to about 119 pounds. I made up in my mind I didn't want to be sick or dead for the sake of being skinny. I gave myself permission to gain some weight back. I did this by seeing a Nutritionist and she made a meal plan for me. Even with one visit I learned how to eat frequent small portions that have higher calories. I am now 122 pounds, feel much better and look much better. This is at about 1700 calories per day for me. Ex. Instant Oatmeal with fresh banana, a potato with salmon, fruits in between, crackers, cheese-itz's are small and high in calories, adding butter to your potatoes as a fat. I have had complications as well surgically but I work with what I have. This is just an example of how you may help yourself. Also, discussing this with your Bariatric surgeon including a reversal may be necessary if it can't be fixed. Good luck.

thank you! I'm working with both a nutritionist and a psychologist, today was good day I try to eat more, even had Pasta, Greek yogurt, and finally some shaved meet with olive oil and lemon. I was able to keep it down. I need to let myself gain some weight and be ok with it. Because I had surgery to have a healthy life with my kids and husband.

@@foodfighter78, I'm glad to hear that today was a better day for you. The scale going down can get addictive. But remember the alternative of continued weight loss possible G-tube, etc. it's not worth it. You will be fine and you have good reasons why you did this surgery just remember them.

Today I'm on 1800 cal, all good calories, healthy foods, I made the mistake to weight myself tonight. 118 lbs my head it's spinning now. If I keep eating would I gain too much? And gain all my weight back? How do I balance?

Don't focus on numbers. I know it's not easy but I feel a lot of us after surgery focus on that too much. Go with what your medical team has decided and at next check-in let them advise what to do next.

Today I'm on 1800 cal, all good calories, healthy foods, I made the mistake to weight myself tonight. 118 lbs my head it's spinning now. If I keep eating would I gain too much? And gain all my weight back? How do I balance?

Hi, Like the previous poster said, continue to work with your Bariatric team and take their advice. Discuss a healthy weight range with the team. I weigh myself the same time of day in the morning when I weigh in. Some people should only weigh in at the Nutritionist or Doctors offices. You should discuss the issues with your Psychologist and Nutritionist including what to do when you feel like weighing yourself and your anxiety. I'm happy you had another day that you were able to eat more. You are doing a wonderful job turning things around! If you think about it, it takes a long time for people to regain ALL of the weight they lost after surgery. Your concentration might be to continue eating healthy so you can start living and enjoying life again. The balance will come before you know it. [emoji4]

Have you had an upper endoscopy? After a year of horrific nausea every time I eat, my endoscopy revealed a large Anostomotic Ulcer, which is thought to occur in upwards of 16% of RNY patients. My dr. never suggested that I go for the test. My own research led me to ask him for script to have the endoscopy.

I have 3 endoscopes with balloon enlargement. Because of strictures. My weight is going up trying to eat more. But I'm still around 1200 one day I got to 1800, all healthy calories. It's weird that I already got 3 lbs tho. From 115 to 118. I don't understand if it's a real weight or I'm retaking Water for whatever reason. Drinking about 48 oz of water.