Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!!!! Struggling like he## today on pre-op

:help: We've been on vacation since July 19. First the good news....we're with our regular beach group--lots of fun people, we're in the same huge, gorgeous house on the beach that we've rented for many years, the weather has been fabulous, the ocean has been beautiful. We've had amazing meals, luscious beach drinks and the most delicious, exotic Snacks. Heaven on earth.....for 11 days. August 1 began my pre-op diet. I did okay up until TODAY. I mean, I struggled a little but found solace in a smoothie place up the road that puts in protien boosts and in a small seafood shack that makes wonderful broths and Soups. BUT....TODAY. It's our annual Farewell pizza Night on the beach. :hungry: We do it with friends that we made who rent the houses in around us (they have been coming here for years also). So, there's about 50+ people. Each couple develops a pizza recipe....we grill them on the beach, everyone makes their version of Sangria and the teens are in charge of making Cookies and brownies. Even though I picked up a quart of excellent seafood broth....I'm miserable. MISERABLE! I just can't take it. Everyone in our house is putting together their pizzas, sangria and treats. My 22 year old son and my husband are in charge of our contributions.....with recipes I came up with. I just don't know what I am going to do!!!! Honestly, I never thought it would be this hard.....I am literally going nuts!!! So, I figured I'd sign on and bang on my keys with the hope that somehow, someway, I'd find the strength to get through the night.......

I'm STARVING, I'M FAMISHED......I WANT PIZZA, SANGRIA and my daughter's chocolate CHIP MACADAMIA COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought I'd say this but I can't wait for this vacation to end tommorow!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :whoo::whoo::angry:angry I know all the mind games I can play but I just can't do it.....I JUST CAN'T.

Try and focus on the beautiful scenery and the friendships. Look towards the long haul. Next year you'll feel so much better and you'll look great!

It is evil, evil, evil. I made many such posts trying to negotiate my way out of doing it. I never stopped protesting (did you have to do it? My liver isn't enlarged.). I had a few transgressions but kept to it mostly. I tried to think about my liver etc. but eventually I just told myself that I had to suffer to earn the band.

One good thing is that it so hard, it makes the post-op period easier.

Judi- you CAN do this! food does not control you. YOU control the food. You want this band, you want this to work. Fight with all you got!! We are rooting for you!!!

HI

I had a pizza party with my favorites planned on the 6th day of my 10 day preop. I would not have scheduled it but it was of a house guest's wish, It was at my house and was by far the hardest day of the preop. I just chatted alot with the guests and moved from group to group. I didn't eat pizza although I did eat a bagel. My surgery was on Aug. 1 and the surgeon said my liver looked great. I am now 4days post op and feeling fine. Not I have only liquids but don't crave anything yet.

Stick to it as much as you can.

Oh gah and the worst part is that it's not just the food you want, it's the social interaction they'll be having with each other! They turn food into a great social get-together, which isn't normally a bad thing but is really awful for you to endure.

Look... this isn't recommended but if you really get desperate and find yourself unable to stand it any longer and have food in your mouth, you can chew it and spit it out. Looks disgusting? Yes! But it's better a weird lump of food hidden in a napkin than one breaking up your pre-op diet. And maybe the taste of it in your mouth will help you resist more.

Thanks all....I did survive! I think the worst part of all of this is that I was not at all prepared for how I felt! Seriously, I just did not expect it!!! But, I managed to deal with it.

We're headed home in the morning. I have to convince myself that I will NOT be eating an entire pound of strawberry Swizzlers (as I usually do) on the 13 hour trip home!!!

Hey.... before I leave, I'll be sure to warn everyone to expect a GODDESS to return in my place next year!!! And, won't they be shocked when the GODDESS will be ME. I'll be my husband's TROPHY WIFE!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for the support....I knew I came to the right place!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!! I'm headed home! Good bye my last FAT VACATION!!! Hello NEW ME!!!! Only 6 more days until I am WITH THE BAND!!!

Judi, you are awesome!!!! I am so proud of you!! If you got through that torture, you can get through anything. You WILL be the Beach Bash Goddess next year!

Hi all.....

Thanks again for your support during my little meltdown!!! Surviving that pizza party was a major accomplishment!!!! Whew...I don't want to do that again!!!!

Like I said, I just wasn't expecting to feel that way at all. After that, all of a sudden, I started second guessing my ability to live through this pre-op thing! There were moments on the 12 hour drive home that I wanted to grab the twizzlers out of my daughter's hands and the popcorn off of my son and the pretzels off of my husband and throw them out the window. Then, when they bought a huge vat of french fries at a rest stop.... I imagined myself jumping out of the window on to Rt 64 and running through the traffic yelling and screaming! Imagine the news reports...."Obese woman with a deep tan and a sun burned nose causes major backup on Route 64. Video and interview with the tanned but not toned runner at 11...." But, inspite of all of that....we all arrived home in one piece.......:):):)

As soon as we got home....the first thing I did was run to the grocery store to stock up on some treats that might help me through....sf popscicles and Jello and ingredients to make good stocks (broth)--vegtable, seafood, chicken, beef and french onion. As soon as I walked in the door from the store, I put a popscicle in my mouth, gave fair warning to my family that they were not allowed to have my treats and then I started cooking the stocks for my gourmet broths. The house smells heavenly, my anxiety over being able to make it until Friday has lessened and I feel like I am doing something 100% for myself for the first time in 30+ years!!!! Of course, I still have not unpacked a thing.........:cry

Thanks again!!!!

:P:p...."Obese woman with a deep tan and a sun burned nose causes major backup on Route 64. Video and interview with the tanned but not toned runner at 11...." :bounce::bounce:

roflol!!!!!

you are too funny!! I hate to say it, I can picture it cuz I feel the same. I feel like yelling and screaming and ranting.

My foster son chose this weekend to come home from sleepaway camp They get one a summer out of the 8 weeks there. So i of course was busy making his favorites, for Breakfast lunch and supper.. and sitting around talking, w/ a lot more food around than I anticipated. And then my husband.. (super supportive :)) wants to know if I can cook for my foster son why not for him... so ..

But thank goodness the first week/ weekend is over.

NOW, i get to look forward to a WHOLE week of :whoo:SHAKES!!! woo hoooo :clap2::clap2:

rather boo hoo.. lol..

But good for you!! you made it through a vacation I'm impressed.