Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Challenge! Go for the Gold!

Woohoo! Way to go Dawn on the new weight! You rock!! A new decade is something to Celebrate. I know you'll have a great run tomorrow.

Speaking of runs, I got in 4 miles this morning. I'm slated for EIGHTEEN tomorrow morning and, to be honest, this is the first one I'm scared about. 18 miles just seems like a really long way. It's funny -- I've not been intimidated by this marathon training at all until this point. 18 miles. Geeze!

Betty, I'm going to research some walks for us and see if there's one you might want to do with me. When I'm recovering from PS this spring, I'll have to take some time off running, but a good walking goal might be perfect....Particularly if it brings me to the PNW!

Julie, Great idea! I'll do some investigating also! Who else wants to join us? The Alan and Betty Lodge is open!!!

Dawn, you are getting verrrrrrrrry close to that magical # of lbs lost!!!!! We're alll holding our breath - so hurry up so we can breath!

I did'nt go to the gym this morning or walk to the movies this afternoon. Had an emergency dentist appt - all is taken care of and it's off to NIA in the morning!

Hi guys...

the run was tough this morning... started out great, but after 8km I was tired... who knows. I think I went out too fast, and my son woke me up at 4:00 so I was a little short on sleep.< /p>

Oh well... some days are like that. Have a great day alll.

DAwn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/160/148

I made it through my 18 miles uneventfully and kept an 11:15 pace. Anything under 12 min for that kind of length is just fine by me.

Didn't think I'd die at any point either, so that's a coup.

Dawn, I'm sorry you had a tough run -- part of the sport, I guess.

Julie, I just don't get it. How can you run for over three hours straight? And not get injured or worn out? It is just mind-boggling that running 18 miles could be uneventful. When is your PS? How long do you need to heal before you will be allowed to run again?

Thanks for sharing your details, Dawn. My son woke me up at 3:00 and I couldn't get back to sleep. (It didn't help that I went to bed at 1:00!! So I'm pretty exhausted, but I'll try to get in 8 k in your honor.

Yeah, Betty, I hear you! It looks like we are in this battle for LIFE. Thankfully the band has given us enough ammo to make significant progress. It seems more difficult to be consistent when the rewards are not showing on the scale. My fitness goals must be independent of the scale. We must remind ourselves of ALL the reasons we do this!!

Julie, I just don't get it. How can you run for over three hours straight? And not get injured or worn out? It is just mind-boggling that running 18 miles could be uneventful. When is your PS? How long do you need to heal before you will be allowed to run again?

I know, Boo, I don't get it either. I know a big component of it is not running too fast for my fitness level. If I run at a 9:30 pace or even a 10:30 pace, I simply cannot run more than 3 or 5 miles, respectively. But if I slow it down to an 11:30 pace, I haven't found my limit yet -- it's somewhere past 18 miles! Hopefully it'll be past 26.2 miles, haha. It can be hard not to "over run" in the first 5 miles or so, but if you can force yourself to slow down and know you're in it for the long haul, adding distance really just isn't that much of a challenge. Who knew!

My PS is November 8th. My marathon is November 4th. I know that's pushing it and I don't care. I just want it done. It's mostly a work-timing thing. If I have PS on November 8th, I can take 2 weeks off and the end of my 2 weeks puts me into Thanksgiving weekend, which essentially gives me 3 weeks off. It's a huge surgery, so I need as close to 3 weeks as I can get.

Normally I would only be taking 6 weeks off running, but since I'm planning inner thighs for 6 weeks after the outer thighs, I probably won't really be running again until the spring. I hope to do a walk with Betty before then though. So, this winter it'll be Dawn that we're cheering along to half marathon victory! Speaking of half marathons, I have another one a week from today in Queens. I'm going to intentionally run it slower than I ran the last one. It took me longer to recover from the Chicago half than it did for the 18 miles I did yesterday. I feel 100% from yesterday already, where it took me about 3 days to feel completely normal after Chicago.

I'm at work because we've got an INSANE case going on, so let me get to it. (Have I mentioned how much I hate working weekends?!!?)

Have a good day, all.

I got in 5 miles this morning at a 9:45 pace and I had to go to the doctor before work, so I had to get up SUPER early on a Monday. I want extra gold stars for that one, ok? Wink.

Headed to Delaware on business today. Catch yall tomorrow.

Julie and (?) Boo, Dawn......????? I found a 1/2 marathon or 5K walk/run in Portland on April 6th, 2008..................

(Albertina Kerr Centers Race for the Roses) check it out! ................so Julie - is that approx 13 miles? Do you think I would be able to train and do that? Julie................you'll have to be my trainer and help me work out a training schedule.................I can also ask them to help me at my gym or maybe I can find something online. When we were in NYC, Alan and I walked all day (of course with rests inbetween) - I think I could do it????? That sure would help me increase my fitness goals!

Tracy - you are doing awesome and you look great in your update photos!

All you runners blow my mind - I'm excited about the walking training and increasing my times - so I can brag too!

Julie and (?) Boo, Dawn......????? I found a 1/2 marathon or 5K walk/run in Portland on April 6th, 2008..................

(Albertina Kerr Centers Race for the Roses) check it out! ................so Julie - is that approx 13 miles? Do you think I would be able to train and do that?

Betty, that's PERFECT!! April 6th -- I put it on my calendar. Wonderful! Yes, I have NO DOUBT you can do it. You're going to be so happy! I can't wait to start our training. I won't formally train for it until Feb, but we'll start talking strategy soon.

I'm in trial in DE this week and work is insane, so I'm not around much until the weekend.

Hugs to all.

Two days ago it took such effort to run. I calculated I was running two minutes slower per mile. The joy was just NOT there, and I was only doing it out of obligation. Thoughts filled my head of quitting, and I considered changing my exercise plan. (I'm still thinking of switching it up a bit.) Then. last night I strangely hit a new high.

While I was running, a phrase came into my mind. It is actually something referred to at church and it was "Lengthen your stride." (Put more effort into your service) Well, I realized that was a running reference and I began to stretch out my stride. After concentrating on that, I timed my third mile at 8:53 (a new record.) So, we'll see if tomorrow's run will bring me a faster pace and a more joyous experience.

Other than that, I think I'm ready for the iPod and some company. I guess I've thought out everything I can and now I'm sick of myself!! Haha!

So Dawn, I can totally relate to a bad day here and there.

Betty, the run/walk sounds fun! I'll be in New York that week.

Oh yeah, Julie, good luck on your case! It is awfully nice to see you check in to talk to us, even with a gigantic, stressful, time-consuming case on your schedule!

Oh no, Betty! I can't abandon Boo if she's in NY that week! Can we pick another 1/2 marathon? I'm really thinking that's the right length race for us. There are something like 300 per year in the U.S., so it'll be easy to find one, maybe even the next weekend. Let me look into it.

Julie...............We will definately find another one! I talked to my Mah Jongg friends and they're wanting to "train" with me (2 others) and maybe even join us in the 1/2 Marathon. We'll see what we can find. I'll keep looking. Boo, maybe you'll be able to join us in it also.................another time??????