Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Challenge! Go for the Gold!

Julie,

I was checking your times and let out a great hooray... when I found out!! You should be soooo proud. I am jealous and can't wait for my turn too. Tell us all about it. You rock!!!!

Have a great week everyone!!

Dawn

Banded April 4, 2006

Montreal

358/163/148

JULIE!!! Your time is UNREAL! Just over ten minutes/mile for 13 miles??? That is crazy/fantastic! Are you sore?

I'm wiggling/stretching my ankles in anticipation of a quick recovery from my accident. Reading about you and Dawn has me itching to run!

Too skinny ladies??? Now that thought has not even crossed my mind.

Congrats, everyone! Every day we make an effort toward a goal is a success!

Hi all,

No... I am not too skinny for sure, just needed to move this weight around a bit. It doesn't seem to want to go anywhere, but it will (wink).

I had my best 5 km ever this morning. It was tough... let me tell you. I use the nike+ipod (without a nike shoe) and I downloaded my stats the other day. It was then that I noticed that I always get progressively faster. I thought... I must have a lot left to do that, why don't I try going at that pace, not all out, but a steady fast (HR 170ish) and I'll see if I can maintain it. Sure enough I did. Now it wasn't as fun as it normally is... this was work today, but, I did it a PR (and on the Nano with the Nike+ Lance Armstrong congratulates me).

so... today I ran 5km in 28:55 which is a 9:19 pace per mile!!!

I hope you all have a great day. Still waiting for details Julie!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Motnreal

358/163/148

Holy crap, Dawn -- a 9 minute pace? Good lord, I can't even see you that's so fast!

OK, details about the race, let's see. Well, there were 10,000+ finishers, so it's a pretty big race. It felt like a big deal with all the people, the medical stations, the bands, all the organization that went into it. We went to the expo the day before, which was really fun. I bought a lot of crap I don't need, but wanted. Example -- a t-shirt that says "the race starts at mile 20." Love that. So, the morning of the race, we got up at 5:30 and were at the start by 7. It started on time and the first 3 miles were truly a warmup. I was running with my SIL and a close friend and we ran together for the first 10 miles. My other friend met us at several points along the course to cheer us on, which really motivated me. The last 3 miles, I full on sprinted because I saw that we had a shot at finishing in under 2:15. I felt GREAT until mile 11 or so. 3 miles is a lot to sprint, so I didn't feel very good for the last mile, but I knew what I was doing and I knew I could finish at that pace, so I did -- and with 32 seconds to spare! At the finish line, I cried a little. It just seems so monumental from where I sat a year ago. My stomach was a little wonky for the rest of the day, but nothing severe -- just a little unsettled. I would have been 100% fine if I'd not pushed myself at the end, but then again, I guess that's what a race is for.

Overall, it's a race and a distance I would do over and over again. It's long enough to be a real challenge, but not so long that you can't function/need substantial recovery. I ran 9 this morning, for example, and that was fine.

Thanks for the details Julie... it will be helpful for me when I do my half. When is your marathon?

Today is a break day for me. Tomorrow is 30 minutes with speed intervals (yep those kill). I am really hoping to be down on my weigh in on Friday... keep those fingers crossed for me.

Hope everyone is well.

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/163/148

I had a great run last night. Instead of my usual course and routine of checking the time after each mile, I ran wherever I felt to. I wasn't worried about speed or distance, just the experience. It felt great to run the hills again. When I got home, I knew I had run 70 minutes, but didn't check distance. I don't want to be so concerned with my time that I forget to just freely run. That is how this all started, just finding the freedom to actually run.

Of course, I'll be back to pushing my speed and distance tomorrow night, but it is nice to change things up.

It is very fun to read about everyone else's plans.

Betty, did you get the fill? How are you doing?

Hi everyone,

Boo... sounds like a great run. I am a big believer in taking time for fun running. In fact I incorporated a fun run into my schedule. On Sundays I run just for me- whatever amount I want. Some weeks it is a full 5 km, a few weeks ago it was just a k and sometimes it is more of a hike and site seeing tour.

I am glad that everyone is well. Today is my speed work day. It was rainy and windy (gusting to 50 k,), but I went out for 30 minutes. I feel good now and am relaxing with a well deserved cup of coffee!!!!

You guys just blow me away! Julie - so proud of you - what a joy you must feel with all you have accomplished this past year.............just terrific - I'm crying with joy with you!

Dawn send me that invitation to (is it Facebook)! You rock...........

Boo - even with your sore ankle you push and push...............you guys are such an inspiration to this wanting to stay fit Grammy!

I'm just holding on with my weight - I am finding it hard right now to even maintain (I am up about 5 lbs this summer) with the ups/downs with my fills.................I'm hungry and don't have the umph that I did in the beginning when I was so constant with "eating right". My exercise routine has not been "up to snuff" either! I still get in 3/4 sessions a week - but not the 5/6/7 that I was doing along with some of my marathon gym days! As you can tell - I'm a bit down on myself and need some

GOOOOOOOO BETTY'S!

Got a fill on Thurs and I was minus over a full cc of fluid..............so they are a little worried that I might have a leak somewhere!!!! They filled me back up to where I was supposed to be filled and I now do have some restriction (not a lot????). I have an appt to get it checked again in a couple of weeks......................so I'm a bit worried. It may be that the NP that did the fill the other time did not put in as much as she thought (she was new to me)..............I like and know the NP that I had this past time and will make sure it is she that does the next check/fill.

Hi Betty... sorry you are having a struggle with those fills... It must be hard to find the right amount of restriction if you are losing Fluid.

Facebook is cool. The link to sign on, which will work for anyone is Facebook | Welcome to Facebook!

If you want an invitation, I will need your email address... you can pm it to me. This goes for anyone else too.

I hope you are all having a great thursday.

Tomorrow is my weigh in and I tell you that scale better be good to me!!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/163/148

GOOOOOOOOO BETTY!

Betty, you're going to do fine. I predict you don't have a leak and that you're just in an adjustment phase where you realize how much work maintenance is going to be. Ugh. Would setting a long term fitness goal help -- like maybe an Avon Walk, or a mini-triathalon? I find that if I'm working toward a goal like that, life feels less like a diet.

Dawn, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and the scale gods tomorrow. I know you'll do great. I think you're already thin though....

Boo, how's the ankle today?

Hey Betty! Thanks for checking in. When things are not going so perfectly it is a crucial time to check in and let the rest of the group know. We have been great supporters of each other "through thick and thin."

I do know that different fill techs can achieve different results. The last time I was in to get a fill, the nurse showed me how someone could make a mistake and lose Fluid as they withdraw the needle. It really is such a miniscule amount of liquid, yet can render the most extreme results in our hunger and appetite.

My ankles are getting better. It is strange that I injured the right one, and two days later the LEFT one began to hurt!!

Now there is just one more thing to add:

GO BETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT, YOU HOT GRAMMY!!!!!

GO:clap2::clap2: :clap2::clap2: :clap2:FIGHT:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:WIN:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hey Betty! Thanks for checking in. When things are not going so perfectly it is a crucial time to check in and let the rest of the group know. We have been great supporters of each other "through thick and thin."

I do know that different fill techs can achieve different results. The last time I was in to get a fill, the nurse showed me how someone could make a mistake and lose Fluid as they withdraw the needle. It really is such a miniscule amount of liquid, yet can render the most extreme results in our hunger and appetite.

My ankles are getting better. It is strange that I injured the right one, and two days later the LEFT one began to hurt!!

Now there is just one more thing to add:

GO BETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT, YOU HOT GRAMMY!!!!!

GO:clap2::clap2: :clap2::clap2: :clap2:FIGHT:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:WIN:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thanks all for the "pep's"!!!!!

Damn it all - this stuff never ends - (until we end that is!!!!)! I guess I have to realize it's a lifetime of dealing - as if I didn't know!

To the gym tomorrow morning!.................and then maybe get in a walk to the movies in the afternoon. Our weather here changed overnight! 85 deg on Wed and today woke up and it was fall and cool and overcast - the sun didn't even do a peek...............darn, guess those days working in the yard are almost over.

Julie - Good idea to have a "plan".............I'll have to invesigate a planned walk (or something more than I'm doing now and start "training" like all you "buffers").

Well,

I am hoping that everyone is well. Boo, I hope your ankle heals. Betty... you can do it, what are you seeing at the movies?? (no theatre here).

Well, my news... the scale finally moved. Now I will tell you that I always round up so... my new weight is 159.8... so my ticker will be 160, but I am just so happy to have seen a 5 there.

Today is my day off and tomorrow is 14.5 km

Have a great Friday!!! Thanks for all the support.

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/160/148

12 lbs to go!!!!