Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"normal" food intake after a fill

Lisa,

You should use caution that you don't become dehydrayed, and you need calories to lose weight, and good nutrition to maintain muscle (protein) so if you need a small unfill don't wait too long. I am still waiting to find my zone.

I have recently discovered my TOM works very well with the bank - mucho restriction. The other 3 weeks a month? Not so good. The .8cc I have in there has been AWESOME especially since last month I had a 3 week period, lol.

But now the weight is creeping back up. I'm scheduled for a fill on Saturday. I'm still going to go slow. I will, of course, tell my "fill hell" history, but I'm hoping for a total of 1 or 1.2 ccs. I'd rather see them in a month because it was too little than 3 days because it was too much. I was in TEARS the Saturday night before my unfil on Monday AM, even though I knew it was coming fast. It was the most miserable I've been through this entire experience. Give me surgery ANY DAY instead of being overfilled ;)

I hate modifying posts here because the new one makes no sense - My first sentence should have said my TOM works very well with the BAND, not the BANK. Though there have been times I've been PMSing where I wouldn't mind robbing a bank or two ;)

Oh my God.... you guys make thinks sound easy, but it is not what I feel! I am ashemed of all of you, I had my surgery July 21st. stayed on liquids for 4 weeks, lost 9 Kgs. had my first fill this past Sat. Aug. 18th... till now I feel affraid of eating... whenever I get the courage to eat, I cut whatever for small tine squres... I hardly finish five of them before feeling the stuck in my stomach.... I don't need to tell you how painfull..... and you can't drink anything, coz it will get worse... OH my GOD.... I keep walking all over the house.. to get some gas out of my mouth and then afterwards, of course I will not go near the kitchen.....

Though some bandsters advised me of drinking some tea or Soup before eating, to relax the stomach... but I still can't adjust to that....

OH pls. HELP.....

I don't care about food as much as for pills to stop the pain that I still have in my neck after the surgery... it is getting a bit better, but still need to take pills that makes you fell the pain of the stuck....

Ah... I am sorry... but I do feel that I need HELP....:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

Maria, have you spoke to your Dr.? It sounds as though your first fill may have been too aggressive. I small amount removed should ease up the eating. What is the problem with trying a small amount of warm liquid (tea for instance) prior to eating a meal?

No one ever guaranteed this to be all fun and games, but you are definitely not getting what you should out of your band. It sounds like you have too much restriction. IF you are taking small bites, and chewing well, you should not be in horrid pain that way. I have NEVER had pain from eating when I eat the way I should. When I get in a hurry and do not chew well, or gobble too big of a bite, it can feel painful, but not on tiny well chewed bites.

Instead of being ashamed of US---since this is YOUR issue---call your Dr. and take care of it! A too tight band can cause serious problems, both with your band, and with your general health.

I don't know anything about pain in the neck following surgery, I never experienced anything like that. I took some pain meds the day of surgery in the hospital, but come home taking nothing more than liquid Tylenol. I cannot advise you on taking pills---other than to discuss that with your Dr. when you call him about being unable to eat properly.

Are you taking in any Protein, in shake form or anything? It will help with energy, and overall healing.

I wish you luck in resolving your problems. They do not however represent everyone with a band---you may be ashamed of me, but I'm not!!!

Kat

I eat, I don't feel full EVER...could I have already stretched my pouch? I'm just really scared and ashamed that maybe I've done something wrong."

Holly- I so feel your pain. I have lost a little bit more but most of my loss was from pre op diet. I too am afraid/ashamed of my little loss. I wonder if I am doing it wrong and am scared it won't work. I seem to be able to eat anything I want in the evening and am taking advantage of it. It makes me so ashamed of myself, like how can I pay all this money (self pay) and not be losing weight, I feel like people around me that know are looking at me like what is the big deal she looks the same.

Anyways, I understand how you feel and I hope with my second fill it gets better.

Please don't panic, or feel ashamed, you just have not reached a point of restriction to help you along yet. Most people require several fills to get to the sweet spot. You will find it---have some faith! You have not failed!

Hang in there---it will happen!!!

Kat

mikesmom - I, too, have been ashamed that I haven't lost hardly anything since the surgery...most of my loss was the pre-op diet and to top it off, I GAINED weight after the surgery. I have to remember that there are a lot of NSV (non-scale victories) to look at....ALL of my jeans now come on and off without unbuttoning...they are usually dragging on the floor! I also have more energy and I don't beat myself up as much as I used to when I have a "bad eating moment". I suck at drinking Water and continue to eat sometimes when I know I'm satisfied.

Hang in there...it does get better! I have fewer bad days now and I "suddenly" lost 5 pounds after not weighing myself for 10 days...try that and see what happens!

I know how you feel. I was banded July 20, 2007 and feel my weightloss is extremely slow. I thought by this time, I would be losing 2-3 pounds a week. It is really disappointing. I have already had my first fill. I have lost only 16 pounds since surgery. I am excercising and eating right, but nothing is coming off!

thanks for the posts...I am glad to know there are others who share the same struggle. I just had a fill two weeks ago, can it be time for another?

mikesmom,

On Sept 6 I will have my second fill, I am praying this will make my stomach small enough to fill with the one cup of food, I am getting discouraged, and want to eat more. I usually am pretty positive, so this is hard to understand, and somewhat disappointing. But lets remember time and caution prevent long term and short term medical problems, which we don't want!

Also, I was banded on June 27, by Dr. Nguyen at UCI Medical Center in Orange, calif. start weight 207 I am only at 194! I am not a big excercise person, but I am making the planned effort. Anyone have any ideas for me?