Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any New Hampshire newbies?

Just started the process to begin my journey. Anybody else from southern NH area just starting out?

Sent from my K010 using the BariatricPal App

I live in southern nh and had my surgery on Monday!!! Where are you having yours?

I'm going to the Obesity Treatment Center at CMC in Manchester. How did your surgery go? and where did you have it done?

That's where I had mine, they are amazing and have a great program. My surgery went great, still a little sore and having trouble getting all my fluids in but it gets better everyday :). How far along in the program are you?

Just went to my info seminar and submitted initial paperwork. They said they would call beginning of next week to schedule first appts. I'm so excited...nervous, but excited. lol Can you tell me what the initial intake appt. was like? Do they weigh with all your clothes on? measure you? how long is appt? I'm at a BMI of 35 with clothes and my primary told me to grab a sandwich and large Water before my appt. if it was in a johnny. lol

Also, what do they accept as a supervised diet for insurances that require it? I have Anthem and they require 6 mos. That would be the only thing that would be holding me up in the process that I can see.

Going to my first of two support meetings on Monday

That's where I had mine, they are amazing and have a great program. My surgery went great, still a little sore and having trouble getting all my fluids in but it gets better everyday :). How far along in the program are you?

How are things going for you? I hope all is well????

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

Hey everyone im in boston...you can read up about me before and up to know...i was sleeved on 3/21/16

I'm going to the Obesity Treatment Center at CMC in Manchester. How did your surgery go? and where did you have it done?

Going through CMC also. We are you in the process? How are you doing?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I'm still presurgery. My date is Aug. 2. Done with all my requirements though, so if I can answer any questions for you, feel free to ask. I start my 2 week preop in 4 days and meet with the anesthesiologist for presurgical work up then as well. I am getting RNY done with Dr. Wu.

I'm still presurgery. My date is Aug. 2. Done with all my requirements though, so if I can answer any questions for you, feel free to ask. I start my 2 week preop in 4 days and meet with the anesthesiologist for presurgical work up then as well. I am getting RNY done with Dr. Wu.

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I have to lose a total of 22 pounds of which I've only lost 8 since April. It is truly a struggle. Other than the weight loss I've completed all my requirements but I have to be compliant for 6 months so I can't go any further until end of September. I really hope to lose 10 more pounds by end of August.

I have not chosen a surgeon yet I was leaning towards dr. Catania.

How long did it take you from completing all your requirements including the weight loss until your surgery date?

I didn't have to lose any required weight due to a low BMI. But when I finished all my requirements I had to wait 3 weeks to get an appt. with the surgical coordinator, Dr. Snow. She went over that all my tests were ok and I had all the info she needed to pass on to the Dr. My surgeon is Dr. Wu, mainly because he had the first available surgery date. They are both amazing surgeons with extremely high credentials, so I was fine with whichever one had the soonest opening. From Dr. Snow's appt., it was 3 weeks for my appt. with Dr. Wu. He happened to have been on vacation the week of the 4th of July, so it probably could have been sooner, I'm not sure. After my appt. with Dr. Wu, they submitted to my insurance for approval. I have B/C B/S and I got my approval letter within 4 days. At my appt. with the Dr. they gave me my surgery date pending ins. approval along with a list of appts. with preop. nutrition, hospital preop, anesthesiologist as well as post op appts. It was very organized. My surgery was scheduled approx. 4 weeks from appt. with Dr. Wu. It depends on hospital availability at the time. Good luck with everything!! I'm sure you'll do fine. Keep me up to date on your progress and feel free to ask any other questions.

I'm so sorry I never responded to your posts, I feel horrible. For some reason I never saw any of these posts come in until I got a message today.

I'm so happy things are moving forward for you!! Sounds like you've done a lot of work to get to this point. It's amazing how fast the time goes.

I was in the program for 6 months before my surgery and now I'm 4 1/2 months post op.

If you all have any questions please let me know. I promise to check in more to see if I've missed anything rather than wait for a notification :)

I'm so sorry I never responded to your posts, I feel horrible. For some reason I never saw any of these posts come in until I got a message today.

I'm so happy things are moving forward for you!! Sounds like you've done a lot of work to get to this point. It's amazing how fast the time goes.

I was in the program for 6 months before my surgery and now I'm 4 1/2 months post op.

If you all have any questions please let me know. I promise to check in more to see if I've missed anything rather than wait for a notification :)

Not a problem! How are you doing with everything?