Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

have i failed before ive even started?

in the past month ive really tried to eat better and stick to not eating fast food and soda, ive gone 1 month now without fast food but have had two diet cokes in one month. i know that 2 sodas in one month isnt bad but im not suppose to drink soda period. if i cant stick to it now how will i stick to it after surgery? am i going to fail? i seem to stick to things for a while but then i tend to slip as time goes by. i just dont want to sabatoge things. am i set out for failure?

andrea

Hi. My surgery is on August 6th and Im struggling with my pre-op diet. One thing we must keep in perspective is that the band is just a tool to assist in weight loss. Basically, we have to change the way our minds see food. You know, all those bad habits that we've have learned for just our entire lives, must be discarded & replaced with new, healthier habits. :hungry:At times I feel I will fail. When u find yourself getting back into old habits, just take on old picture & reflect on how dissatisfied you were with your health at that time.:whoo: Almost immediately you will realize food is not worth shortening your life for. Sorry I dont have a quick fix for you, only because there is no easy way. Gotta get in the brain & think differently about food or it's almost guaranteed that you will fail.

I don't think that your two diet cokes will have caused any problems at all- My doc had soda's on his preop diet, and even post op, so don't worry. I haven't had anything post op, just because of what I have read on this forum about stretching the pouch.

Keep your chin up, and don't look at this as a failure. If I was in your shoes, and feeling that way, I would probably use it as an excuse not to go through with it, so please keep positive. One little slip up is not the end of the world- but try not to head into the i've done it once, what difference would twice, 3times etc make- thats when a minor slip up becomes a big stuff up.

I have my initial consult in a few days. I understand how you feel about not sticking with things after a while. I am just so fed up with my body right now that I know if given the right tools can be successfull. This battle that we fight is an angoing one. It didnt start with the surgery so it certainly wont end there. Stay possitive because your mind can and will play a large part in how you make it through.

well yesterday i gave in after 4 weeks and ate mcdonalds. i feel so ashamed and like i failed now i want more and i knew this would happen. i did well for one month then caved. i hope i can get back on track. its hard to stay away from this stuff when you know that you can physically eat it.

in the past month ive really tried to eat better and stick to not eating fast food and soda, ive gone 1 month now without fast food but have had two diet cokes in one month. i know that 2 sodas in one month isnt bad but im not suppose to drink soda period. if i cant stick to it now how will i stick to it after surgery? am i going to fail? i seem to stick to things for a while but then i tend to slip as time goes by. i just dont want to sabatoge things. am i set out for failure?

andrea

I had to give up soda 6 months ago at first it ws hard but i got used to it and felt better for it, after 8 weeks of post op I have had a sip and it felt like a had a carbonation festivel going on in my stomach-needless to say didnt like it so soda is no longer appealing! I agree with the other writer we have to plan to be a dieter for life this is just a tool, no weight melts away, i have worked for every pound so far. I do feel that I crave sweets less often and ,many of the obsessions with food have faded but if I dont stick to the diet I doont do well and i dont feel well.....prepare yourslef psyhcologically for a new life and be your own xciting phenomenon! you can do it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches