Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 year veteran slowly gaining weight.....HELP!

Almost everyone that I know that has had this surgery has put weight back on within a couple of years. Main excuse is they are not committed enough to stay on a maintenance diet.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using the BariatricPal App

Almost everyone that I know that has had this surgery has put weight back on within a couple of years. Main excuse is they are not committed enough to stay on a maintenance diet.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using the BariatricPal App

Are you talking about the DS?!! My understanding is that it is the very best there is for maintaining and keeping the weight off.

Let me add my 2 cents here. Anything worth having is worth making time for. Although supplementation is great, getting quality Protein in is key. I hate cooking by all means. Therefore, I suck it up and do all of my meal prep on Sundays. I'm 6 years out. Started at 385 and now fluctuate between 173 and 177. I'm currently working to hit my goal of 160. I attribute it to ensuring I get quality Protein in and having something accessible throughout the day. Plus I bust my tail at the gym. Do I indulge? Hell yeah. On the weekends I may go to IHOP with kids or enjoy a naughty meal at the movies with the family. Life is about balance and finding what works. When I gained 20lbs at year 5 I knew I was at the point where I had to put in work just like my thinner peers. Surgery is a tool not the solution. You over eat, you gain. You under eat, you stall. Also remember, consistency. If you're looking for that over night weight loss that you had in beginning, hang it up. It's time to go to work. Be consistent, throw the scale out and trust the process. You will see the results.

With Love

BariatricButterfly