Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This will be my second attempt vat having RNY Gastric Bypass Surgery.....the first time was January. My surgeon began the surgery and saw a lymphoma next to my stomach....he removed it and sent It out for a biopsy and stopped the surgery.....I have Acute Lymphocytic Lymphoma.it may not have been found were it not for the surgery.....!

I am currently scheduled for RNY on May 3rd, 2016.

I am waiting for my new insurance to approve me for surgery.

I will be having surgery at St Luke's Hospital with Dr Sorensen.is anyone in KCMO having RNY soon?

Good Luck to you all.

I am looking forward to it but have concerns about such a drastic change in my life.... But I AM Excited, too!

I think I have everything I will need pre and post surgery.....

Any advice for gas pain. After my first surgery the gas seemed to settle in my shoulders! Boy it was painful.

I also couldn't poop for days.....any advice? Does Miralax help with pooping?

Love to you all.

My gas bubble ended up sitting on my diaphragm - talk about pain!

Took me mind over matter to lay on my left side (side where the largest port was put in and the most staples were) but once I did and placed all my weight on the side the bubble moved and vanished in mere moments.

My advice is this - take it day to day.

Never give up.

Never think you are in control, you are not.

Follow directions from your NUT.

Don't eat tortillas or breads of ANY KIND.

Eat Protein and a lot of it - as much as u can fit before the full feeing.

Protein Shakes, drinks, bars, etc when you reach solids.

Muscle burns fat so long muscle works against us.

Be happy!

Your about to have your life changed for the better but your brain is going to go thru some serious mind fucks as you travel on this journey.

Thanks.....I will try to lay on my right side (it was in my left shoulder).....

And, good advice all around esp. Take it day by day and don't give up. Thanks!!!!

In the beginning I think I will try "moment by moment"!!!!

No tortillas huh? Will have to remember that. I love tortillas and bagels.....thanks for the advice!

(I'd heard no bread or Bagels but, not tortillas!

Or.....should I lay on my LEFT side?!

This will be my second attempt vat having RNY Gastric Bypass Surgery.....the first time was January. My surgeon began the surgery and saw a lymphoma next to my stomach....he removed it and sent It out for a biopsy and stopped the surgery.....I have Acute Lymphocytic Lymphoma.it may not have been found were it not for the surgery.....!

I am currently scheduled for RNY on May 3rd, 2016.

I am waiting for my new insurance to approve me for surgery.

I will be having surgery at St Luke's Hospital with Dr Sorensen.is anyone in KCMO having RNY soon?

Good Luck to you all.

I am looking forward to it but have concerns about such a drastic change in my life.... But I AM Excited, too!

I think I have everything I will need pre and post surgery.....

Any advice for gas pain. After my first surgery the gas seemed to settle in my shoulders! Boy it was painful.

I also couldn't poop for days.....any advice? Does Miralax help with pooping?

Love to you all.

Poop is always an issue. Senna has proved to be very effective for dramatic and fairly quick relief. Going forward, I'd recommend a glass of sugarless Metamucil daily in the morning. I drink mine slightly warm, and pretty much gulp down a glass a quickly as possible so I don't have to deal with congealed material at the bottom of the glass.

Here's a tip that may or may not work for you as you progress with the weight loss and are dealing with reluctant evacuation. I don't know what percentage of people this will work for, but it does for me and others.

What I do when faced with the inability to create a BM (and the aching need to do so). And, I found this to work after a considerable weight loss, which I attribute to less padding in the butt... Anyway, I find that when sitting on the WC seat, I can facilitate a blocked BM by rolling over on my left cheek, raising up my right cheek of the seat and using my right hand and pushing on the side of my right cheek and lowering my right cheek back down on the seat with my hand still exerting pressure against the side of my cheek. Not to be indelicate, my hand is not near the evacuation point, but rather, firmly planted against the side of my butt cheek. This works remarkably well, as it seems to realign things.

It depends where the gas sits but if ur in extreme pain and I mean take a 350 pound man down to the ground in tears - pain.....then odds are its on diaphragm and it will hurt to breath. Then lay in left side. All my weight pushed into bubble and forced it to move and then it disappeared.