Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Overeating? and PBing

Well I think I will have to make sure if I am Foaming I get to the bathroom to PBing so I dont sliming. lol see I used all the new vocabulary I am learning. Love you all.

This has been great information for me. I feel like I have been "over eating" this week. I have pb'd once or twice, but for the most part it stays. I have been very afraid of stretching my upper stomach. I have been very good the last couple of days with eating high Protein and low carbs.

2 weeks until I get a fill. Yeah!!!

Foaming is when you're either stuck or nearly to the top of your stomach...you know one bite too much. You're esphogus starts to produce more saliva and because your pouch is full it has no where to go but up. It's light enough that you don't really PB but, if it keeps up you could end up doing that. Literally you get the foamy bubbles up into your mouth and have to spit it out. Sometimes the food will move down and it stops but, if you keep swallowing the saliva/bubbles you will end up pbing. I take it as a warning and start pacing around to help the food move down. Some foods just don't sit right and this will happen. Not everyone gets it but, usually most have it at least once until they learn what their limit is :D Sometimes it happens not because your stomach is too full but, you've eaten something your tummy just doesn't like. For me it's pork...it's a no no lol

I completely and totally agree with you on what foaming is. I think you described it beautifully. I would have been much more graphic so it's probably good that you explained it. :) I had to restrain myself on the "sliming" bit. Graphic isn't always better, at least that's what people tell me time and time again. Then they repeat it for a 3rd time. You'd think they are trying to make a point or something.

If you ask docs what causes foaming they will tell you that when saliva and snot (post nasal drip) mix you'll PB foam. Ask ANY banded person and they will explain it as above. I think docs need to be banded for just a month so they understand our challenges and understand foaming. Heh...

Well I think I will have to make sure if I am Foaming I get to the bathroom to PBing so I dont sliming. lol see I used all the new vocabulary I am learning. Love you all.

Awwww, you make the experienced bandsters proud!! :)

I have been very good the last couple of days with eating high Protein and low carbs.

2 weeks until I get a fill. Yeah!!!

I can see that!!!! 22lbs gone FOREVER! Never to come back!

Congrats, it's not easy without a fill for most!!!!!

I was banded in June. This PB thing happens a lot to me. Sometimes even with Water. Any suggestions?

It sounds like you have too much in your band, and may need a bit out

Can anyone tell me what are the signs of a stretched pouch? I'm assuming you CAN stretch it without having any PB'ing or sliming? I've had one fill of 3cc's last month, banded may '07. I've never had anything stuck or pb'd, but I am finding myself returning to old eating habits and eating carbs till I'm a little uncomfortable. I now feel bloated even when I wake up in the a.m.

This week I overate. I have done this one other time since surgery...

And this time I didn't feel it coming. At night I can eat pretty much anything without restriction, so I had a small steak dinner from steak out.. 6oz sirloin, small salad, baked potato, and roll.

I ate 75% of the potato without any dressings on it, all of the steak...and all of the salad. I need a fill! :tea:

But I was laying in bed and all of a sudden, the food was regurgitating. Wasn't a typical PB, it's something I've done most of my life if I overeat, but I was confused that it was able to come up with the band. I threw up about 1 plastic cup worth of food (I had one next to the night stand from the other night). But during and afterward, I felt a hard knot where the band is, it felt like I had so much pressure on it, it was definitely not happy and I definitely over ate!! I wish I'd felt it while I was eating..

It lasted into the next day... It felt like I was cramping on my side, and then last night (2 days later), I couldn't sleep on my stomach, it still felt bruised.

This week I overate. I have done this one other time since surgery...

And this time I didn't feel it coming. At night I can eat pretty much anything without restriction, so I had a small steak dinner from steak out.. 6oz sirloin, small salad, baked potato, and roll.

I ate 75% of the potato without any dressings on it, all of the steak...and all of the salad. I need a fill! :)

But I was laying in bed and all of a sudden, the food was regurgitating. Wasn't a typical PB, it's something I've done most of my life if I overeat, but I was confused that it was able to come up with the band. I threw up about 1 plastic cup worth of food (I had one next to the night stand from the other night). But during and afterward, I felt a hard knot where the band is, it felt like I had so much pressure on it, it was definitely not happy and I definitely over ate!! I wish I'd felt it while I was eating..

It lasted into the next day... It felt like I was cramping on my side, and then last night (2 days later), I couldn't sleep on my stomach, it still felt bruised.

The band is only a tool, and one can learn to sabotage it, it looks like you have. What you have described as a small meal above in fact is a huge meal, you should be looking at cutting it in half. In the meantime if I were you, I would be going on liquids for 2-3 days to give your bruised stomach a rest.

Does anyone get a pain on their side after eating... sometimes I think this happens if I have eaten too much... and I don't think it is gas... was wondering if this is something that happens to others....

I to get that pain in my side. I must eat to much regularly. I get that pain a lot. I have cut my portions down. They must still be to big.

I also seem to be able to eat almost anything in the evening. I went on a carb craze yesterday. A whole week of being so careful with my carbs, and then yesterday I just kept eating them. Sabatoge!!!! I don't know why I do this to myself. It was girls night out and I even ate bread pudding with Carmel sauce on it. So this morning I gain weight. I am so frustrated with myself. :)

I have a week and 2 days until I can get my first fill.

I am getting so board with the things I am eating. If anyone has any suggestions for easy low carb, but yummy meals, let me know.

I am getting so board with the things I am eating. If anyone has any suggestions for easy low carb, but yummy meals, let me know.

I stick to very low carbs, about 20 or less daily. I don't do it for weight loss issues, I'm on 600 calories a day and that provides for plenty of weight loss. I just feel better with few carbs.

But when I do eat them I don't fret about it, I just run them off. If I want a cookie, I have one but I run it off within an hour or two of eating it.

It's worked well for me.

A friend of mine knows how to cook unlike me and the other day she was sweet enough to make my favorite dinner (my fav that she cooks). Orange Roughy fish with mango salsa (no sugar, the tiny bits of mango were just right) and spaghetti squash.

I didn't run the mango or squash off, I figure I burned those carbs from barfing for the rest of the night due to being stuck from eating too much and too fast.

Sheesh... before the barfing it was sooooo good!