Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Final tests Echocardiogram and Stress Test

At the hospital right now getting the last of all my required testings. Echocardiogram and a Stress test. They just put the IV in me to get things started. They gave me a glass of ice Water to start the injection to work and they'll call me back in 45 min. Do the first part of the stress test at a resting state then inject me again and test me at an active state. (How active can you be without morning coffee!) I have a foot fracture so they will be doing part 2 with a stimulant to make my heart be in an active state. Then I go for my echo. 3hrs for first test and shouldn't be long at all for my echo. After this I'm off to the dermatologist! Long day...

Anyone else out there have any testing to do today?

I had my surgery back in August, but I totally remember how insane my schedule was in the months leading up to surgery. There were just so, so many things to do to prepare! Sometimes I had multiple appointments a day, several times a week.

Today I had a therapy appointment at noon, then I have a physical therapy appointment at 3, and then a bariatric support group meeting at 6:30 this evening. It's a busy day for me too. I feel your pain. :)

@@claddagh66

Good luck with your tests today! I just had a nuclear stress test last week. It's a whole lot of waiting around and the drug they give you to increase your heart rate without exercise only last a couple of minutes and then everything is back to normal.

Hope all goes well so you can put this stuff behind you!

I had my surgery back in August, but I totally remember how insane my schedule was in the months leading up to surgery. There were just so, so many things to do to prepare! Sometimes I had multiple appointments a day, several times a week.

Today I had a therapy appointment at noon, then I have a physical therapy appointment at 3, and then a bariatric support group meeting at 6:30 this evening. It's a busy day for me too. I feel your pain. :)

Holy cow your right! Your day is just as crazy as mine was today! I don't mind all the running around usually but it's so so cold here. The last thing I want to do is run around and be outside! Good luck to you at all your appointments today!

@@Djmohr

How did your nuc med test go? Have you gotten your results? Are you ok?

Yes that Med they gave me was horrible!!!! I so hope I never have to do that again! I got nauseated and flushed and a headache! The rush itself lasted about 5 minutes but the lingering feeling lasted for a good 45 minutes. She said some people get hit pretty good and others it doesn't affect them at all. So weird.

Thanks for writing to me???? Glad today is done! And this also makes the last of all my testing!

I never had a stress test but did have an EKG done. I remember the weeks leading up and scheduling everything in 1 day because I hate dragging in out. It was, uh, a loooong day.

@@jj7481 your so right about that! I take it your insurance/Doctor didn't require one? I've had lots of EKG's. They're simple. Lay still-done. Love it. Probably the simplest test to get. Just with cardio I had to have an EKG, chest X-ray, stress test and an echocardiogram! Crazy! I sometimes get flutters in my chest and my husband will run an ekg on me just for safety precautions. (Fringe benefits) lol. I am allllll done! At least I better be! CrZy thing is my insurance isn't asking for all of this! My doctor is!

How far out are you?

@@claddagh66 no ma'am, neither required anything more than an EKG. Granted I'm under 40, have had no heart issues, etc.

Wow that's great in both instances! Thanks for the ma'am. Love manors. Where ya from?