Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something kinda fun that I just found.....

I get carried away sometimes, thinking, dreaming of my new slim self....found a web site where you can create a virtual model of yourself at varying weights--so fun to see what the future holds!

I just had my first fill--2 cc.s and man oh man, am I ever restricted! Hardly eating anything--so this weight better leave my body quickly! ;)

oh that website is www.myvirtualmodel.com if you wanna see the new you!

And just being nosey the other day at work and wanted to see what the band and the port looked like under xray--had a pal take a few pix so I could see and the radiologist came by while we were looking at the films and didn't know what it was (I work at a very small hospital), so i was giving him a little info on it, etc.....when this cocky surgeon sidled up to us and asked us what it was, etc.. then he said, "who's belly is this?" and I said mine and he said "is this a bariatrics thing?" and I said yes and he looked me up and down and said "well, it didn't work!"

I could have pounded him with my fists, but I jsut walked away. Then wished he would hit a deer on the way home with his shiny new car. What a

jerk! I am down 32 pounds since Sept 2!

Wish I could think on my feet and had come up with some snippy but to the point come back. I have thought of a million since then!

Oh well, he will eat those words one day!

or hit a deer with his shiny car........ ;-)

32 pounds!!! Congratulations, girl! That creep will be eating his words in a very, very short time. Hope someone else is around when he notices!

Kim, I did the model for my weight - that is NEAT!

And the radiologist you work with, what a jerk! Some people dont care if they hurt anyone by their words. If he WOULDVE been smart, he wouldve asked you tons of questions, since this banding IS a happening thing.

Im with Marie, 32 pounds in a little over 2 months is fantastic. And now with major restriction, loooooook out!

He (radio.) may not even recognize you the next time he sees you!

Kim, I did the model for my weight - that is NEAT!

And the radiologist you work with, what a jerk! Some people dont care if they hurt anyone by their words. If he WOULDVE been smart, he wouldve asked you tons of questions, since this banding IS a happening thing.

Im with Marie, 32 pounds in a little over 2 months is fantastic. And now with major restriction, loooooook out!

He (radio.) may not even recognize you the next time he sees you!

You could always reply. yes, i'm fat, but i get to lose weight. ugly is forever. ;)

You could always reply. yes, i'm fat, but i get to lose weight. ugly is forever. ;)

ROFLMAO............................. only YOU would think of that!!!!!

You just have to wonder what someone gets out of being that mean. I guess he is a miserable, unhappy person and he won't be satisfied until everyone else feels as bad as he does. I'm going to be busy all evening thinking of things you could have said. But he's not worth it.

Congratulations on the fabulous weight loss. Living well is the best revenge.

Nancy

DUH!!!! He's a DOCTOR and he had to ask YOU if this is a bariactric thing?!?!? I guess he only treats snotty noses! LOL!!!

Thank you all for your nice words of support! I really could have just cried when he said that--he is a surgeon, but doesn't do anything new or different from the time he got out of med school. We don't have a very creative surgical team--so if anyone around here get's in a real need for anything other than an appendix they go to Green Bay.

I wasn't surprised that they didn't know what it was. I have been answering questions left and right since I got my band. I had it done in Green Bay and that is a 2 hour drive from here.

But what a jerk......

That was fun! I even called my hubby in here to check out my "potential". He was like "cool" then went back to watching TV.

Kimberly, people like that you just have to stay away from. They want to pull you down to thier levela nd you can't let them. They're unhappy and they want everyone else to be unhappy with them. Stay above the crowd and don't allow them to pull you down. Your a sweet heart!

I bet he said that because he did not have a clue what he was looking at or about the fabulous procedure that you had. So, to cover his ignorance, he made that stupid comment to end the discussion. Duh. I am with Leatha, omigod, I laughed so hard at her comment. What a fun lady. Don't give him a single minute of your thoughts, you move on and plan for glory. Maybe someone else will be patient enough to explain to him about your surgery so he can be educated...maybe his head is too full and there is no room left for any knowledge. But, more importantly, you are thriving. You go, girl. Now, how would you spend that quarter you would get for shining his bald head???? LOL. What a hoot. Enjoy your success!!!!