Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi gang, I'm officially in my first real stall - have stayed at roughly the same weight now for just over a week. This isn't a fun feeling, especially after losing close to a pound per day for about the first month after surgery. (I'm almost through 7 weeks post op now). I know everyone says "embrace the stall" - easier said than done haha :)

Never the less, I have had some victories I want to report. I'm proud of myself in them:

1. I ran 1.2 miles without stopping last week. It took me 12 minutes but I didn't stop. The last time I remember being able to do this Was 14 years ago. (!!!!) A goal I have for myself is to eventually complete a marathon race, this is the first step and I'm jazzed.

2. I exercised 6 of 7 days last week. Yahoo.

3. Last night when I got home from work and picking up the kids, I very very badly wanted to eat. I had already eaten dinner more or less. But I WANTED more. Instead of going in the house when we pulled in the driveway, I immediately put the kids in the stroller and we went out for a half hour walk in the dark. When we got back, I no longer wanted to eat - at least not nearly as much. It felt like a victory and I was proud: attempting a healthy coping mechanism in place of my old standby, Snacks.

4. I'm off all my medications now (save for vitamins). No bp meds, no more metformin, no more triglycerides lowerers, no more psych meds. It feels good. I'm hopeful.

Anyways, thanks for hearing my cheers.

Any encouragement on my weight stall is much appreciated! I'm half way to goal right now and I want to stay on the path.

Keeping away from sweets, snacking, and eating too often feels like my biggest hurdle at this point. I have to admit though, fear of failure is creeping back in for me already. Not my friend. Not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats - and the fact you went walking instead of snacking tells you all you need to know. Also, stalls do end.

You are human, and you may slip up. You have proven however that you can choose a healthy alternative. I have tried to walk the straight and narrow path and have been successful for the most part. It was hard for me to accept when I slipped up, until I realized that I was just adding too much pressure on myself. Now I make every effort in the days following a slip up (successfully, thank God) to avoid starting a pattern.

You are doing great!

I hit a stall too!

I just think we need to address your choice of vocabulary. "Small" NSVs? These sound pretty big to me!

Congratulations, and Embrace the Stall!

Thank you friends. Your encouragement is helpful. Another victory I discovered today is that my body get percentage has dropped about 10% since surgery. I feel pretty happy about that as well.

Hoping the path continues.

I actually sent my food logs to my nutritionist today - asking for feedback. I'm expecting some constructive advice and or encouragement from him. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches