Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Exercise Challenge

alright Guys,

i Am Needing Some Major Motivation Here. I Have Not Exercised In The Past 3 Days. I Was Doing Sooo Good. I Have Just Been So Darn Lazy, And Need To Get Back On Track. I Want To Reach My August Challenge Goal.

thanks For Listening Guys.

Good for you, Sweety!

I wish I could say that I put in some time today, but I did not. I was going to go for a bike ride, but I was stupid and put a donut in my mouth and it got stuck like nothing ever before. I'm just now feeling better and its dark out, so no bike ride tonight. That was the most horrible "stuck" I've ever had and NEVER want to go through that again as long as I live!

Tomorrow is a new day and I will get my time in then.

love The Positive Attitude Stef. You Are Right, Tomorrow Is Another Day. The Good Thing About Having That Donut, Is That I Bet You Won't Have Another One Anytime Soon. I Have Been Getting Stuck, And Even Pb'ing For The First Time. I Guess That Means My Fill Is Working For Me. I Still Feel Like I Can Eat Too Much, But I Am Going To Give This Fill Some Time. I Am Realizing Just How Slow I Need To Eat, And Chew, Chew, Chew. Hope You Have A Great Week.

wow, everyone is doing GREAT. I walked 60 min this weekend, but that is it! I am off to the gym tonight, another 60 min. so that is a 120 to add on. I am not sure I will make my goal for I leave for the beach on Saturday for a week, but I will be walking!

I will be checking in.

(UGH...my TOM makes me want to just stay in bed!)

Monthly Total = 1600 Minutes

30 minutes bike

stef: my sandels are a brand called "KEEN" I got them just before I went to zion. Whats really cool about them is they have closed toes. They held up really good hiking. I put about 30 miles on they while I was in zion and my feet still feel fine. I do have some TEVAs but I only use they when I am at the beach or river. I don't know how they would hold up hiking I know they are built strong.

well I got to my goal yesterday hiking. I hiked from 6:00am to 2:45pm with 65 min break. I went to the top of san gorgoneio mountain 11,501 feet above sea level. it was the first time I did since the 11th grade.

I think for september I am going to set my goal a little lower because I have a big trip at work planned and I won't have as much time as I did in august. I am still going to shot for one hour a day, but I think it will be hard.

anyhow keep up with the hardwork everyone.

Monthly Total = 1660 Minutes

60 minutes bicycle

Name…………Goal in MinutesCompleted…..To Go

MM………………..750 …………..627…………..123

Ja9va………………960…………...735…………..225

Captain Danbo……2700………..…2750…………-50

Sweetie…………...1000…………...870…………..130

huntersmom………300…………….170…………...130

Stephanie42767…..1860…………1660…………..200

Farmmomto2……..480…………….380…………..100

Beckiet……………400……………120…………...280

Suzzzie……………705……………290…………..415

Dawneb……………600…………….0....................600

Cbm818…………...600……………..0……………600

Dakota1984………1000…………….0……………1000

Captain D: WOW :omg: you look fabulous!!!! What GREAT places you have to hike! I'm envious :)

Sweetie: I am now having trouble getting off my butt!! I haven't excercised since last Saturday! My parents came in for a visit and while I wasn't sedentary, I didn't do any real exercise AND didn't watch my calories...AND the scale shows it! Back on the bike today!

Stef: YES! TOM just takes ALL my resolve. While my parents visited, so did TOM! SO I have sub-zero motivation. I was feeling pretty low about it, then I read you guys' posts and well...time to suck it up! I guess I just feel like I had surgery almost 3 monts ago and I only have 7.5 pounds to show for it. :(

Monthly Total = 1780 Minutes

60 minutes bicycle

30 minutes elliptical

30 minutes swimming

Monthly Total = 1930 Minutes

2 1/2 hours bicycle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I exceeded my goal! YIPPEE! I've never excercised this much in my LIFE! My neighbor just told me I am "wasting away", God love him! He and his wife and kids are SO NICE...we are blessed with good neighbors.

The funny thing is that the more I excercise, the more I WANT to excercise. Not so much the elliptical, recumbent bike and toning stuff, but I still do it...but I just LOVE riding the trails at the park on my bike. And it has increased my well-being so much, too. This is a fantastic stress-reducer! Almost zero "blah" days any more! YEAH!

I have 7.4 pounds to reach my first mini-goal (199.8) by next Friday. Not real sure if that is do-able, but I'm going to try. The funny thing is that even if I don't, it's okay because my body fat percentage is dropping like a ROCK with all this excercise and SWEATING. So I figure I must be adding muscle and dropping fat, so my weight isn't going down very fast right now. This week was good, though...I lost 3.2 pounds and 2.4% body fat. I guess when your body fat starts at way over 40%, it's easier to lose that aspect of it. I'll take it, though! "Healthy" for a woman my age is 23% to 34%, and I'm at 36.4% body fat now. My ultimate goal is 25%.

I've rambled...sorry! Have a great weekend everybody!

Name…………Goal in MinutesCompleted…..To Go

MM………………..750 …………..735…………..15

Ja9va………………960…………...735…………..225

Captain Danbo……2700………..…2915…………-215

Sweetie…………...1000…………...870…………..130

huntersmom………300…………….170…………..130

Stephanie42767…..1860………..…1930…………..-70

Farmmomto2……..480…………….380…………..100

Beckiet……………400……………120…………...280

Suzzzie……………705……………290…………..415

Dawneb……………600…………….0....................600

Cbm818…………...600……………..0……………600