Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Exercise Challenge

GOOD FOR YOU, MM! That is an amazing distance! You are so much faster than I am! I don't think I could even BEGIN to keep up with you!

Question: You went riding on the streets? How was it? Are your streets asphalt? (As opposed to brick or concrete, whatever...) I ask because our streets here are asphalt, and with the heat what it is, the asphalt just magnifies it horribly! So I haven't tried that yet. But I guess as fast as you go, you get quite a good breeze going! YOU ROCK!

Hi Stef :) Thanks for the encouragment...I needed to read something uplifting tonight as I am having a terribly emotional day! You brightened it up for me :drum:

Our streets are asphalt, but I'm in Wisconsin and I live 3 miles from Lake Michigan (where the 6 mile trail is). The trail is also asphalt, but our heat index doesn't get much above 80 most of the time...with the exception of this past week being around 85-90. And we get that lake breeze :eek: Ahhhhh! We have BITTER winters, but BEAUTIFUL summers! It was a hotter day today, so I waited for sunset to ride; it's a cool 73 degrees out there :)

I acutally prayed the other day for a mild winter...I told God "You and I BOTH know, if it's bitter outside, I'm NOT going to exercise!!" I giggled but it's probably true. I HATE exercise tapes! I'll probably be forced to join the Water jog class at the YMCA! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicalmomma viewpost.gif

Hi Stef happy.gif Thanks for the encouragment...I needed to read something uplifting tonight as I am having a terribly emotional day! You brightened it up for me happy.gif

Our streets are asphalt, but I'm in Wisconsin and I live 3 miles from Lake Michigan (where the 6 mile trail is). The trail is also asphalt, but our heat index doesn't get much above 80 most of the time...with the exception of this past week being around 85-90. And we get that lake breeze happy.gif Ahhhhh! We have BITTER winters, but BEAUTIFUL summers! It was a hotter day today, so I waited for sunset to ride; it's a cool 73 degrees out there happy.gif

I acutally prayed the other day for a mild winter...I told God "You and I BOTH know, if it's bitter outside, I'm NOT going to exercise!!" I giggled but it's probably true. I HATE exercise tapes! I'll probably be forced to join the Water jog class at the YMCA! wink.gif

AH, YES! I vaguely recall the weather you speak of. We were stationed in North Chicago many years ago and we lived in Kenosha during that stint. You lucky dog, when it comes to your summers! (You can KEEP your winters, though, girl! LOL)

I do envy you your summers, for sure...today it was 104 with a heat index of 110...the heat steals the oxygen out of your lungs when you step outside! Terrible!

It's pool time! LOL

P.S. I hope today is a better day for you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monthly Total = 1230 Minutes

30 Minutes Bike...again, too hot to do much more....I thought I was going to PASS OUT!

Everyone here impresses me so much with the improvement that we have made in the last 2+ months. Not that long ago we would have never dreamed that we could have gotten as far as we have! Cudos to each and everyone here who has sweated and worked to reach that extra mile.

I golfed for 2 hours today with my kids and I have never set foot on a course before but we had so much fun together.

So my total so far to date is 300 minutes.

it's been really hot out here. I have not felt like doing much of anything let alone exercise. I went for a run 45 mins yesterday and nothing yet today i might go out late tonight when it's cooler.

Stef: You did 2 hours of biking the other day, Thats alot of riding! I still have not got on my bike yet I think I will try when I come back from work next, it should be cooler.

MM: The Water jog class sounds like fun. I don't think my gym does anything like that. I hate those tapes also I won't do them at all. I am sure it gets alot cooler where you live than me but I lived in montana one winter and I really enjoyed going for walks in the cold. I had to walk about 2 miles a day to get to work because growing up in so ca I would kill myself trying to drive in the snow. I also heard you burn more cals in the cold reather that the heat. I don't know if thats true or not. anyway keep up with the hard work.

Everyone here impresses me so much with the improvement that we have made in the last 2+ months. Not that long ago we would have never dreamed that we could have gotten as far as we have! Cudos to each and everyone here who has sweated and worked to reach that extra mile.

I golfed for 2 hours today with my kids and I have never set foot on a course before but we had so much fun together.

So my total so far to date is 300 minutes.

Okay, I gotta ask: how was it to step on a golf course for the first time? Hubby has been trying to get me out there for years, without success. Now I want to, but I don't want to look completely foolish! (That might be unavoidable, though, huh? LOL)

Well I figured that if I tried it out for the first time with the kids (ages 15, 15, and 8) then they could not look too much worse than me, LOL! My 2 have never golfed before either so we all were pretty funny to watch. I never dreamed a little white ball could be so hard to hit, I mean it is just a little bitty ball and I have this great big club right???? And I figured by going on a Monday just after noon not that many people could be out to see us right??? We only had 2 other golf carts out when we were so I guess that is not to bad.

I really did have fun with them though. I would have never tried this 6 months or a year ago. Not brave enough to drag myself out to do something I have never ever even thought about before. Would have worried what people would have thought about it. But no more. who cares and I spend such a great time with my boys!

Good Job Everyone!

Farmmomto2: I so agree!!! When I look at my lifestyle just a few short months ago, I just don't recognize it! What a difference!! You're doing great! Keep up the good work :)

Stef: Yeah, I sure wish I could migrate south for the winter! YIKES it's cold!! You are CRUISIN lady!! Over half way to go and over half the month to go! You're doing great!!! Especially considering your hectic schedule! How do you like flipping houses? I love watching those house flipping shows! It seems like a rewarding career.

Dan: The jog class is pretty fun, but it's usually full of 80 year old ladies that are only there to chat in the pool. Then the instructors can range from "the preschool teacher" to "the drill sgt" I prefer the drill sgt, because it's a better work out...but those sweet little old ladies get in the way! lol!!! Where do you live that you can get in such great hiking?? It's pretty darn flat here! :wacko:

Name…………Goal in MinutesCompleted…..To Go

MM………………..750 …………..489…………..261

Ja9va………………960…………...555…………..405

Captain Danbo……2700………..…1490…………1210

Sweetie…………...1000…………...490…………..510

huntersmom………300…………….70…………...230

Stephanie42767…..1860…………1230…………..630

Farmmomto2……..480…………….380…………..100

Dawneb……………600…………….0....................600

Cbm818…………...600……………..0……………600

Suzzzie……………705……………..0……………705

Dakota1984………1000…………….0……………1000

Stef: Yeah, I sure wish I could migrate south for the winter! YIKES it's cold!! You are CRUISIN lady!! Over half way to go and over half the month to go! You're doing great!!! Especially considering your hectic schedule! How do you like flipping houses? I love watching those house flipping shows! It seems like a rewarding career.

Thank you, MM! I will be sticking to the air conditioned gym during the week, and hopefully get up early Saturday and Sunday while it's cool(er) to go bike riding. At least until this heat breaks some. I'm 99.9% finished with my current project, so I'm about to take a serious break. Yes, I DO have a hectic schedule! I like flipping houses, but it is also the most exasperating thing I have done in my life, too. Contractors are a NIGHTMARE! I know how to do most of it myself, but there are just things that I flat don't WANT to do, and there are some things that I CAN'T do...like crazy electrical or plumbing problems. I like watching the shows, too...I wish I could flip a house as fast as they do! LOL But I don't do too badly...I'm averaging about one a month or so. I get very little time off unless hubby is in town. (He works offshore in the Gulf, 6 weeks on and 3 weeks off.) He doesn't allow me to work seven days a week when he's in! In fact, I try to work as little as possible then. Then I have my own house to run, a pool to tend to, two dogs and a cat who thinks she's a dog, a kid starting high school and a kid starting college. WHEW! But hey, we all have our craziness, though, don't we? Every day is a party! LOL

Is it too late to join? Sorry! I just started a Zumba class...once a week due to budget....but I'd like to be part of this challenge if that's okay. Right now... for classes I've done 120 minutes...they're 60 minute classes and I've done two so far...three more to go...so that would be 300 minutes total for the classes. I'd probably make my initial goal at 400 then...I want to do more exercise on my own but right now we've just moved and I'm still getting things unpacked...unless I can count that time? lol

Is it too late to join? Sorry! I just started a Zumba class...once a week due to budget....but I'd like to be part of this challenge if that's okay. Right now... for classes I've done 120 minutes...they're 60 minute classes and I've done two so far...three more to go...so that would be 300 minutes total for the classes. I'd probably make my initial goal at 400 then...I want to do more exercise on my own but right now we've just moved and I'm still getting things unpacked...unless I can count that time? lol

Hey there, Beckie!

text_welcome_15.gif

osito.gif

Monthly Total = 1290 Minutes

30 bike

30 elliptical

...and speaking of busy....

As if I didn't have enough on my plate...I took my son to register for high school today and got wrangled by the Vice Pricipal to mentor a team of 15 kids once a week at the school on Friday mornings! (My daughter went there, so they know me and knew I was a good target, I suppose! LOL) So now I am volunteering at the High School!

My son tried to act like he was embarrassed that I was going to be hanging out at his school, but he loves it! He was grinning the whole time! whoo.gif

I have two goals in life: 1) To be the person that my dogs think I am, and 2) To embarrass my teenagers AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!

30 minutes on treadmill today, brings my total so far, to 635 minutes. Get my third fill tomorrow. I hope it gives me some restriction. Stef you are kicking butt. You inspire me. :confused:

30 minutes on treadmill today, brings my total so far, to 635 minutes. Get my third fill tomorrow. I hope it gives me some restriction. Stef you are kicking butt. You inspire me. :confused:

Hey, you are doing great yourself! I get my third fill tomorrow too! I'm nervous about this one...are you?