Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Exercise Challenge

Great Job everyone!!!!!!

DH had his band placed on Monday. So, I got NO exercise Sun-Tues!! Got back on the bike this morning and dang it felt like I hadn't biked in years!!! Still managed 45 minutes - 8.5 miles! My daughter and I are planning a little bike trip Saturday if DH is up to watching the kids for a few hours.

MM...glad to hear that hubby has crossed over to the losing side! I wish him a speedy recovery and smooth adjustment while losing all those pounds!

Monthly Total = 900 Minutes

60 minutes on my bike today

:whoo:Stef and Dan....Show Off Just kidding, you two are doing great!!! I wish I could get that much exercise in. On Wednesday I planned to go to a class at the gym at 7:30 but it was 104 out and by the time I got home, I was so HOT. The air conditioning in my office building went down around noon, so we all sweat our butts off for the rest of the day.

Thursday, 60 min of step class. !! I will total my month so far after my two hour class tomorrow.

Good Job Everyone!! Keep up the good work!

Name…………Goal in MinutesCompleted…..To Go

MM………………..600 …………..316…………..284

Ja9va………………960…………...315…………..645

Dawneb……………600…………….0....................600

Cbm818…………...600……………..0……………600

Suzzzie……………705……………..0……………705

Captain Danbo……2700………..…915………….1785

Sweetie…………...1000…………...445…………..555

huntersmom………300…………….70…………...230

Stephanie42767…..1860……………900………….960

Dakota1984………1000…………….0……………1000

Farmmomto2……..480…………….180……………300

Monthly Total = 960 Minutes

60 Minutes Biking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ja9va - I completely understand your joke! If someone had said three months ago that I would be excercising this much, I would have laughed them out of Texas! My bike is what is doing it for me...I love it!

Ja9va: I don't always have this much time to exercise. It's just my time off just worked out to where I can take almost all august off. I only get 1 to 1 1/2 hours most of the time when I am working. plus the fact that I picked up hiking makes it alot more enjoyable. Like today I hiked for 5 1/2 hours with 1/2 hour rest. There is no way I could ever go to the gym or run around the town for that long. Finding something thats fun is the trick to exercise I think.

Dan You are so right! I agree. I hope to start walking/hiking some trails in the fall with my family and two dogs! I am not the only person who can benefit from exercise! My dh is thin, but needs to exercise to stay healthy! His girls, 12 and 15 really need it for they are indoor kids, yuk! My boys were always out side and I had to find them to eat a meal!

I want to post my total to include today: 555.

Way to go people!!!

Dan, you look GREAT!!! I checked out the before and after thread and you're like a completely different person!!! You inspire me :wacko:

Today I impressed myself. My 16 yo DD and I planned all week to bike a 6 mile trail, from our house, and back...total of 18 miles. I took my phone and told DH I may call him to come pick me and my bike up. Well we made it with energy to spare!! In less than 1.5 hours! I can't believe it!!! The scale may be stubborn, but darn it...I'm getting FIT! Yeah!

Name…………Goal in MinutesCompleted…..To Go

MM………………..600 …………..416…………..184

Ja9va………………960…………...555…………..405

Captain Danbo……2700………..…1330…………1370

Sweetie…………...1000…………...490…………..510

huntersmom………300…………….70…………...230

Stephanie42767…..1860……………960………….900

Farmmomto2……..480…………….180…………..300

Dawneb……………600…………….0....................600

Cbm818…………...600……………..0……………600

Suzzzie……………705……………..0……………705

Dakota1984………1000…………….0……………1000

Monthly Total = 1080 Minutes

60 Minutes Elliptical this morning

60 Minutes on my bike this evening

I like to have never gotten on the bike tonight, as I am exhausted! I'm almost finished with my current project house and am trying to get it ready to list for sale on Monday afternoon. So many little things added up to ten hours today, and it's not finished. Plus, with the heat at 102 and the heat index at 109...it was miserable outside. I'm glad most of my work was inside, but I'm still exhausted. It was all I could do to ride for an hour!

Uh-oh...I'm whining. I hate whiners! All that said above, it really was a good, productive day.

I hope everyone is having a glorious Saturday!

th_happysaturdaynx8.gif

Today I impressed myself. My 16 yo DD and I planned all week to bike a 6 mile trail, from our house, and back...total of 18 miles. I took my phone and told DH I may call him to come pick me and my bike up. Well we made it with energy to spare!! In less than 1.5 hours! I can't believe it!!! The scale may be stubborn, but darn it...I'm getting FIT! Yeah!

GOOD FOR YOU, MM! That is an amazing distance! You are so much faster than I am! I don't think I could even BEGIN to keep up with you!

Question: You went riding on the streets? How was it? Are your streets asphalt? (As opposed to brick or concrete, whatever...) I ask because our streets here are asphalt, and with the heat what it is, the asphalt just magnifies it horribly! So I haven't tried that yet. But I guess as fast as you go, you get quite a good breeze going! YOU ROCK!

Monthly Total = 1200 Minutes

120 minutes biking