Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The thrill is gone

The thrill is gone and its a fabulous place to be.

Life goes on after the honeymoon. The NSV's , The shock from people around you and being driven by weight loss. Looking back I have to laugh. The high from the honeymoon was incredible..I even thought I had the answers to everything bariatric.

The transformation is complete. Finding other adventures and things to overcome and conquer. I'm soooo over it!

Yes, maintenance is NOT the sexy part. It's important to find other things to excite and motivate.

I struggle with this sometimes! I loved the loss and the attention and the focus and the payoff. For me my new toys are running and yoga. But even there I need to keep finding the new goals and things to work towards. I've done one marathon. Training for another but it's not new anymore.

What are you doing to look for new things?

Well.....you've certainly kicked azz.

On with the living !!!!!

I am hoping to be feeling the thrill is gone in the next couple of months. I think you have to look for other goals like Jess said....you have both done very well.

Dub is a legend...

@@jess9395

My big want right now is to travel. I'm feeling restless. I cant wait to get better weather.

I still compete in distance runs. still training. I live for the moments when I can run past a 20 year old's. I want to continue until I'm too old and broke down to do it.

This month was the first time in my life I have been snowshoeing. Beautiful views.

I'm hiking this spring. I'm already looking up new areas to explore.

I mountain biked the end of last summer. I have a friend who wants me to join him to do the Seattle to Portland bike ride. Its a challenge. I have to work up to that.

I learned to Kayak at my gyms pool for my first birthday after surgery. Now I going to take one out to the river. Can't wait.

Have not zip lined yet...On my bucket list.

Holy cow I can relate! Just living life as a non obese person. Kinda boring, kinda wonderful all at the same time. I've still got to figure out some new goals to keep me motivated. The only one I have so far is to be this size come summer so I can still wear all my new clothes! I'm having trouble pushing myself excersise wise. Just want to continue to do what works...no more, no less. Is that wrong?

Brilliant observation! I've been meditating on the same revelations lately. Life is full of a number of things, not all of which are about weight loss.

Thank God. :)

This worries me all the time. I am so close to maintenance and worried about motivation. Right now the weight loss and my shrinking size motivates me everyday but I am so close to goal and even wondering if I should consider lowering my goal just so I can stay motivated.

Are there tricks for people like me who don't have the ability to focus on marathons and tons of exercise. I am so limited with my spine and joints. I have psoriatic arthritis and osteo arthritis of the spine. I am tired of this disease sucking the life out of me. I really miss being so active. I miss working out for an hour a day but I don't know how long before I can get back to that. One of my doctors said I may not be able to.

I am really hoping that after shoulder surgery in February, I can begin swimming. This is the one place where I don't feel so much pain.

When we move to Nevada we plan to buy a house with a swimming pool and jacuzzi. Swimming might be where I start and I seriously cannot wait!

We plan to move in late April, early May.

Any other ideas for activity based goals for someone with severe arthritis? I already do walk as much as I physically can right now.

I want my life back!!!

Thanks for your help guys!

One thing I find myself doing since I have entered maintenance is each season I pick two things to try. I try to pick things that are "outside my comfort zone", and that I would never have done before my weightloss. Last spring: was hiking part of the Appalachian trail and camping, Summer: I learned to kayak and paddle board, this Fall: I rode a Ferris wheel for the first time and went ziplining. This winter we are going to kayak with the manatees here in Florida and I want to hike a 18 mile trail.

I find that constantly finding new and different things to try keeps me motivated and I have found a love of kayaking. My husband and I even purchased ones for ourselves. Also, I don't really like the gym, but I know if I want to stay fit enough to camp, hike and kayak then I need to hit the gym pretty regular.

I am always looking for my next adventure no matter how small!! This keeps me motivated.

The thrill of weight loss does dwindle away.

I go on day to day....don't think about it all that much anymore.....it's definitely a new lifestyle

I've finished losing weight years ago, stopped worrying about diets, etc...what was once lessons that needed to be learned, habits that need to be broken, have now become routine.

There are foods I do not eat, and they too are no longer relevant, such as Red meat, etc.

Most people have forgotten that I was once Obese, and the new people I have met over the years never knew I was Obese.

No one talks about it anymore...it's old news. Sometimes I have to remind people...and new people I meet simply cannot picture me as being fat....

But I am DEFINITELY not complaining!!!!!

@@Djmohr

Life experiences can be simple things. Discover new things in your area. Wow. I'm kind of jealous. I posted a link to local events.

http://www.travelwisconsin.com/events

@@Babbs

Nothing wrong with that at all. Bring on spring and summer!

@@B-52

My son (who sees me weekly) told me he does not remember me being big anymore. I don't feel the need to remind people where I was in the past. Just living for today and looking forward to where things will take me in life.

Gosh I'm envious. I want to feel the way you do but every day is still a struggle for me. :(