Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What shapewear do you recommend?

Hi Ladies! I may be putting the cart before the horse, since I have my sleeve surgery in 10 days, but I am trying to plan for afterward. As you all lost your weight and had the excess skin to hide, what Shapewear (i.e. Spanx, Maidenform, etc.) did you find most effective in holding it in? Did you buy the whole body style, cami, girdle type for bottom? Is Firm hold better or a smoother? Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

Self expressions suddenly skinny tank on Amazon, Faaaaaar better then spanks & 1/3rd of the price ($12.60) Bought it in two colors.

Initially felt tight, but as the day went on, it felt better.

I feel that just after surgery the shape wear tanks roll up over my belly, which is uncomfortable! The only thing that makes me feel great and works is the Spanx panties with the shape wear for the belly attached. They are $28 gulp!! I had Kohls dollars thankfully.

I bought a new spanks bra and it's the best thing in all of ever!! It's a bit pricy but totally worth it!

@cocoa8utter@Elode@Kathy812 Thank you, thank you ladies! Just trying to see how much I will need to plan in my budget for clothing in the spring! I can't believe that for the first time in my life i am looking forward to spring and summer, and getting a new wardrobe! I'm not going new tho, plan on shopping at consignment shops, Goodwill, or cheap retailers like 5 and Under, Ross, TJ Max, etc. i know that I'll be going thru different sizes all the time and don't want to spend a fortune for nothing. Think Spring my friends! And again, thanks for your advice! :D

I like Yummies. They aren't as expensive as spans and they hold just as well.

Target carries online and in stores a second-label line from Spanx called Assets by Sara Blakeley. More reasonably prices and just as workable.

I loathe Shapewear. I think I will have to get used to some going forward. Preop I ony use it when I have to, usually under a special-occasion dress.

I wear a Shapewear tank everyday. I have since about 2 weeks out from surgery. I buy the madenform extra long tanks. No rolling up! They are about $20 on Amazon. I started out wearing a XXL now I am in a S.

I don't wear Shapewear as I found them too conforming. It was nice to ditch the ones I had when I slimmed down. Instead I wear cami's under my shirts that I tuck in. Helps keep things in place. I still have some budge, but I've come to terms with it. As for bottoms, when I wear sheath dresses I wear a nice pair of thicker tights (Target, Maurices) that sucks in my thighs and tummy roll.

I haven't tried any yet but Zulily often has shale wear for sale on their site. If anyone needs a coupon/code let me know and I can PM you one.

I currently wear Spanx and I feel so strange without them! Wearing them makes me feel more "put together".

I wear a "girdle type" that goes from rib cage to knees.

I sometimes but not every day wear a spanx camisole. I love them but that straps on any camisole seem to be too long for me. Maybe I'm the only one but I'm forever shortening the straps.

But after reading all of these responses I am going to look into some other brands!