Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

22 days out 25 pounds down. This is my first post I have just been trying to focus. I am so weak no matter how much Protein and Water I get. I felt better earlier in my recovery than I do now. Anything I can be doing to make myself feel better. I start solid food on 1-16 which I can't imagine since it is hard enough getting yogurt and other pureed foods down.

Weakness was a huge issue for me. I came back to work after only 4 days post op. Talk about a struggle to stand and stay awake! I did find the more I walked, the better I felt and more energy I thought I had. Don't worry about getting in the "number" of Protein they give you. It's a guideline, not set in stone. I became very dehydrated after surgery...really struggled with muscle cramps in my legs. I started drinking small bits of pickle juice to get the sodium and potassium I needed.

Just keep going, you'll get there. It takes time. Rest when you can and get up and moving when you can. Not long distances, just anything you can tolerate. A couple laps around the house, the living room, etc.

Weakness and fatigue are just a fact of life at this stage. You aren't getting in enough calories to sustain you. It gets SO MUCH better once you are able to eat solid foods and get more calories in.

I was sleeved December 17, 2015. It's getting better but I'm with you on the weak and tired. Went to support group last week for the first time and it helped so much. Just being around others who understand. Not that my husband and family don't understand...it is different when you talk to others who have where you are.

They said to take it slow. You're only eating 400-500 calories if that. You're not going to feel like doing much for a few more week. Take your time to allow your body to heal.

So that's what I plan on doing. Be patient with yourself! We will get there. ????

I'm so weak today, got sleeved on the 30th, down 21lbs. I'm drinking and sipping Tomato Soup and Protein Shakes, but I feel like a sack of potatoes.... It's awful.

Believe it or not, the more you are up and walking, the more energy you will have. I'm a year out and I still have to sit before standing and when I do stand...stay there for a minute cause my BP drops and I get light headed. But after I had surgery, the weakness was horrible. I can remember my first shower, I asked my husband to stay in our bedroom in case I needed him...it didn't take long and I had to sit in the shower. He had to literally come rinse me, dry me and help me to bed. I had no strength. It does get better, I promise. But....even though it doesn't sound right....walk. A little bit at a time. It really does help.

I agree with @Graciesmom04. Getting up and moving around, though counter-intuitive, can help some with the fatigue. Just don't overdo it. Walk slowly and for short amounts of time (10-15 minutes). Don't try to do any intense exercise for a bit. It really will get better once you are eating more and fully healed up. I promise!

I remember those mornings post-op where just lifting my arms up to my head to wash my hair was too much!

You just had major surgery and are healing.

Keep sipping your Water and Protein and walk.

Also, when you are instructed to start taking Vitamins, do so. You are given a lot of Vitamins in the hospital which should hold you for a little while, but getting in your vitamins when it's appropriate will help with your energy.

Someone above said that the Protein is not as important as Water and I happen to disagree. I think they are both critical. You need both for healing.

Also, don't be afraid to rest and take it easy. You don't have to be at 100% right after surgery.

You will feel better soon.

Just short of 4 months post op and I'm just now starting to feel human. I still tire super easy. I know it will get better as I continue to work to my Protein goals. I still struggle with not getting enough Water or Protein. But all in all i'm healthier now than pre surgery for sure. I'm losing 2 lbs a week, i know it would be more if i could up my protein and exercise....i'm not perfect but each day is an opportunity to do better

I was sleeved December 17, 2015. It's getting better but I'm with you on the weak and tired. Went to support group last week for the first time and it helped so much. Just being around others who understand. Not that my husband and family don't understand...it is different when you talk to others who have where you are.

They said to take it slow. You're only eating 400-500 calories if that. You're not going to feel like doing much for a few more week. Take your time to allow your body to heal.

So that's what I plan on doing. Be patient with yourself! We will get there.

I'm with you. I was sleeved on the same day and I still fade every afternoon beginning around 2pm. I'm just done at that point. Totally worthless in terms of productivity - it's best if I just quit and nap.

The fact that it's so cold outside where I live doesn't help at all in terms of physical activity right now...so I don't feel like I'm able to work on the other side of things to build my endurance back up.

It's a drag. But it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone dealing with being light headed too? I had surgery four days ago and I'm weak too. I am on liquid diet so thinking maybe I will feel better once I add some solid food. I'm making sure I'm getting all Protein and Water in too but just feel shakey and woozy. Please tell me this is normal and will pass.

Some of this will pass, some won't. I'm one year out, yesterday, and still have episodes of light headedness and feeling faint every time I stand up and start walking anywhere. It's low blood pressure and my body now takes longer to flucuate pressure and volume.

Anyone dealing with being light headed too? I had surgery four days ago and I'm weak too. I am on liquid diet so thinking maybe I will feel better once I add some solid food. I'm making sure I'm getting all Protein and Water in too but just feel shakey and woozy. Please tell me this is normal and will pass.

Some of this will pass, some won't. I'm one year out, yesterday, and still have episodes of light headedness and feeling faint every time I stand up and start walking anywhere. It's low blood pressure and my body now takes longer to flucuate pressure and volume.

I have this same issue. My blood pressure has been on the low end of normal since my surgery (almost 17 months post-op). My doctor told me to "liberally increase my intake of salt", which I have kind of tried to do. I don't add salt to things, but I don't worry about whether something is high sodium or not anymore, like I did pre-op.

As for the light-headedness immediately after surgery. That's due to not eating and expending a tremendous amount of energy to heal. That definitely gets better once you are able to eat more and get more calories in.

Thank you for the info. Def puts my mind at ease. I'm not a good "resting" person. Was trying to do a little laundry today and just didn't feel good. Probably pushing too much too. Thanks again!!!